Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Work Enviornment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK21 February 2019
Fresh work environment.
Proper management.
Friendly staff. Strict but smooth management.
Mood changer managers.
Always appreciated by others.
Adequate equipment to improve the performance.
Pros
Taco Bell items
Cons
had to be specific while making taco bell items
Easy work but remained understaffed.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 February 2019
Easy store to manage but being constantly understaffed was the main concern. The head manager would never order enough food so I would have to drive around Windsor to ensure the store could function properly.
Busy and fun workplace
Shift Incharge (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 January 2019
There's always lots of customers coming in it's a very busy workplace. Not a lot of other employees but everyone who works there is very nice and friendly.
good place to lear skills
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 January 2019
was a good place to work overall leaned how to mange my time well and had a somewhat good work schedule the most in joy able part about working there was the getting to learn new skills everyday
Pros
fair amount of pay
Cons
short lunch
Fun place to work
VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2019
Co-workers are nice and a very helpful. Everyone is great and makes work fun. As someone enters the restaurant to start their shift everyone says hi, which makes them feel welcome.
overall good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2019
advancement opportunities and pay are not that good but overall it is a good platform to start a career with great working culture and great managers and supervisors.
Pros
free lunches and unlimited free pop!!
Cons
promotion oppertunities are not good
Management needs work
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2019
The staff are all friendly and easy to work with, but the management needs work and needs to learn to treat the staff with more value. Locations are understaffed but the job environment is good.
Pros
Staff dicount
Cons
Poor treatment
fun work place
Line Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 January 2019
when we first opened nobody really knew what they were doing but overall the people starting learning I learned quite a bit I spoke up more made some great friends and memories
Pros
they did give you free meals when you came in but don't anymore
Cons
went through a lot of mangers
Coworkers were the best part of the job, never loved my coworkers more. Management was okay until mid 2018.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 December 2018
Show up for the shift, clock in and find out where you're assigned in the restaurant and begin. Constantly on your feet, moving a lot, and it's real hot. In my time there, management kind of sucks. The lower managers are great but the head managers are the opposite. Workplace culture is cut down between two polar opposites: Working extremely hard to deal with a lot of customers, and doing the bare minimum whenever possible. They hire mostly high school students, what can you expect? The hardest part of the job is your manager acting like an obstacle rather than a leader, most enjoyable part of the job is the people you're stuck with.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad management
A good job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 December 2018
A typical day working at Taco Bell was good, often busy. It was difficult getting all the backup ready and working under pressure. The hardest part of the job would be washing the dishes.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The uniform gets dirty fast
fun and exciting place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 December 2018
A typical day at work - taking orders and filling drinks. Clean where you are. Help those in need. Listen to instructions and leave others to do their job. Count your register and go home.

What you learned - taco bell is the best place to work. You will learn from the managers how to be a good employee and work your way up in the ladder. They will also help you find what you are passionate about.

Management - great managers and co-workers.

Workplace culture - it is a place of collaborative and creative individuals. They enhance your skills working in a team in a fun and enjoyable way.

The hardest part of the job - everything is timed and no one will push you but yourself. Be green!

The most enjoyable part of the job - the co-workers and managers as well as funny customers. You will have the best time at Taco bell.
Pros
Fun and exciting place to work
Cons
Fast-paced
not a good place to work
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 November 2018
it needs a lot of work , they let a lot of drama in the work place, and work doesn't get done. head office need to step in and help mangers run the place better.
Taco bell (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON16 October 2018
Amazing staff, and amazing bosses. Everybody is nice and helpful. I love working there. I make food, work on tills, clean, and anything else that you would do at a restaurant. I highly recommend working at taco bell in wallaceburg.
Pros
Employee discounts.
fun workplace with kind employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 September 2018
The workplace/ environment was pretty good as well as the employees. Enjoyed working there and would work there again. I learned how to use the till and serve customers to ensure satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches
Hours are tough
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 August 2018
The hours were challenging at this job. Working until 2pm on Friday and Saturday and until midnight on school nights made it hard to keep up with my school work.
cook chicken and clean
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2018
I would get the chicken and follow the procedures to bread it. I then rack the chicken and put it in the deep fryer. Then clean my station. I would wash the whole restaurant dishes and broom and mop the floors.
Tiring
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 August 2018
It is a very intense work environment, I learned a lot from preparing foods to taking orders. The staff were pretty rude to me and the workplace culture wasn't the best. Hardest part of the job is making the food in the time frame given.
Pros
Eating free food on break
Cons
rude staff, rude customers, break time, and low salary
work
Training of new staff (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB9 August 2018
over all it is a great place to work, gives good hours, will pay if hours are extended. co workers are very friendly, great people to work with.
managers are very helpful.
was a nice environment to work in
Shift Manager / key holder (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2018
There has been a change in management since I have worked there. the employees are very nice and respectable, she of the remaining management from when I was there are amazing. I would recommend this job.
fun and challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB27 July 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is I learned how to fold the wraps and burrito. I usually work as cashier , answering calls, greeting the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bell. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K