TJX Canada
Here to help: Coronavirus update

TJX Canada Employee Reviews

Canada643 reviews
Very good place to start career which going to help me out in my university
Good fast paced work but properly organized and managed well.good institution to get good career opportunities and to build your resume stronger . Tjx helped me out to stay calm in fast paced work and but doing quality work.
Great, relaxed place to work. Good team environment.
Good place to work with good people. Not difficult work. Customers can be difficult but they are "just people" too. The pay is low and hours depend on how well they have performed day to day. 10% discount.
Great community, always something to do.
The company has taught me a lot of things, and I've grown as a person because of the wonderful teams I've gotten to work with. Fast-paced, never a dull moment, and fun.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Not all stores are using new equipment.
Terrible managers, great coworkers and awful hours
I have been working at winners for over a year now, and I have to say if I knew what working there would be like I would've stayed unemployed. The managers at the Prince Albert Winners are mean, inconsiderate, lazy, moody people! If you call in sick, they ream you out over the phone and call you a liar even if you provide them with a doctors note. If you are helping a customer at the checkout and are a few minutes late for your mandatory break, they take it out of your break time. During the Christmas season they change your availability for you without consultation or consideration and give you an insane amount of hours. And now with the current COVID-19 epidemic we are wearing masks and gloves however our managers are not taking this seriously enough. They are constantly touching their eyes, mouth and faces! Our bathrooms are still open to the general public and we are still required to clean them. Which is putting the staff and the public at risk. We had been told that if we did not return back to work even if we felt it was unsafer we would be let go. The amount of people they are letting in the store is horrendous! The three cashiers working that whole shift are completely swamped! The managers had been letting people in the store up until 30 minutes before it closed, and it took an additional hour to ring everyone through the tills. It was poorly judged on their part. And every time we have to stay after our scheduled shift to finish cleaning up the store, or like this week to help customers, we do that pro-bono. It is mandatory to stay and finish up, which can take - more...
Very engaging with room to advance
If you're looking for a very collaborative team environment with room to develop your career, this company will support these areas. Lots of coaching along the way and great tools for success that you can use in all fields.
Pros
Diversity employer
Cons
Work life balance lacks
great place to work
First job ive ever had but i have been here for 3 years now and its still a great place to work, friendly colleagues and management as well as a fast pace team based work environment.
productive and challenging (in a good way)
Have been working with TJX Winners for 8months now and the management, department coordinators/managers, colleagues are super cool and fun. first retail experience of mine and I love working with them. Everyone from the manager to an associate is really kind and helpful.
Productive workplace
It is a good place to work. You can a workplace culture. I have learned a lot about customer service. Managers are qualified. They guide you during your training process.
Tjx is a great place to work to help in developing leadership skills. It is also a place that offers a great deal of learning experience and development courses
Good working conditions.
Good place to work and gain experience. It's a close knit affair around here. Management and staff work together to give best products and services. Overall satisfaction.
Pas vraiment de défi...
Job superficielle, sans trop de défi ou d'objectif concret de dépassement de sois ou même de son équipe... Chacun fait sa petite affaire sans trop se soucier de développer le talent de ses subalternes. Très décevant pour une entreprise à aussi gros volume...
Leaders
Top leadership are not honest and open. False promises and take advantage of people. Always dangling the next challenge with promises they didn’t deliver on
Depressing, and Draining
Customers walk all over you, and most of my coworkers where either useless and did nothing all day or actively hated their life. The management where required to act happy but that only went so far
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Everything else
Awsome
Great work and awsome people. Just Dont Mess with the Model and everything will be fine. Be a Good and Trustworthy worker. Company and Management Value its employee it was Nice and Fun workplace.
Managers are awsome , Coordinators are Good and effective.

God bless this company.
productive and fun workplace
fun place to work, and nice to help customer with their inquiries and needs. i kind of love to do backstocking and changing displays, doing cashier and talking to customers and other associates is fun. plus the company gave us discounts for our purchases.
Great place, Great culture
Great place, great culture, great atmosphere. Work is fast paced but your coworkers are willing to help.
The pace can overwhelm if you do not make use of that help.
Good work place
Working in TJX is a very good experience. I have learnt good communication and management is also supportive and help full. Culture is workplace is very good and familiar.
Productive and effective work place
I really enjoyed working with TJX team! i would be ready if i get a chance to work with TJX again. i love the work place and people i worked with through out the assignment
Excellent company
I truely enjoy my work with tjx canada.
Sadly i have been laid off due to store closure, but will love to return once they open again.

This company provides a safe, inspired professional work place, for all diversity of many cultures of managment and associates.

They provide constant learning and unlimited advancment opportunities.

I would highly recommend the company.
Management treats their associates fairly with mutual respect and caring
The company core values are observed and applied. Consistent of implementing company policy and procedures. Associates are valued of their worth. Open to hear other's opinion and thinking. Selflessly share knowledge and always willing to help to get you orinted and trained.
A good place to start being a sales associate
- Often having food on-site for employees.
- Fun environment but also harsh if you doing nothing.

- Never have enough hours.

- Always staying late cause of the whole team
Pros
Often having free food
Cons
Never have hour