TJX Canada Employee Reviews

TJX is rediculous
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2018
Basically it comes down to poorly managed operations and a completly falsified company value system. The DM is the exact opposite of what the company claims to “live and breathe”. Eating human defecate would be more enjoyable than being employed by TJX again
Fun workplace
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  3165 American drive14 April 2018
I work as a team,I am friendly, I enjoy working at the place, I'm helpful to every associate who needs me, I am respect to the people I work with, I follow my rules and orders that are given to me, the tasks that are assigned to me I complete them on time.
Pros
Very friendly work place
High expectations
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Values are great. most staff are great.
Management doesn't properly train, they never finish the modules. Maybe it was store specific though. The training would have been awesome if it was completed.
Expectations are unreasonable. You are the only cashier for a 20000 store but are expected to do 10 other things during your shift. When you can not complete them because you aren't able to move from the register, cash was busy is not a legit answer as to why the other things do not get done.
assistant managers were there 12 plus hours a day, but the store manager came and left on time.
Great social comity and high OHS standards that are taken seriously.
very productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2018
The workplace was very productive and was really fun to work due to cooperative staff. I learned how the products are labeled and packed on the basis of different criteria.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2018
Great place to work and very friendly environment. Lots of room for advancement and excellent management. The culture is amazing and there is a great balance between your work and personal life.
Good to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2018
Learned alot in this job about handling various situations and dealing with the customers.
good working environment and people to work with.
management is good.
Fun place to work.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 April 2018
This is probably one of the best places to work when in school. You never get more hours then you can handle. They pay isn't bad but is lower then some other places.
Pros
Nice staff and management
Amazing work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2018
This is an incredible place to work. You feel welcomed and at home. Lots of opportunities to grow within the company and they promote hiring from within which is a very comforting feeling. President is amazing all forms of management is amazing as well.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 April 2018
The culture is a happy one full of laughter and joy!
Management encourages communication amongst themselves and employees and it makes for a good working relationship.
Part timers and Full timers a like enjoy a good working relationship with Mngt team.
Cloverdale Mall Winners
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
amazing place to work due to their culture and friendly atmosphere
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 April 2018
The team working at Winners is great, very friendly and supportive.
Management is very helpful when problems occur.
the atmosphere within the team makes you feel great which creates the desire to share a smile with customers.
Great place for part time student!
Winners Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2018
Can get very busy and hectic, the products are really nice tho! Mainly have to keep store clean, help customers and ensure everything is good.in the store.
I would stay away and find another job
Department ops manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON23 March 2018
This is a very poisoned environment. It stems from the AVP down to the department managers. The meetings from the top down are a one way street, You are expected to just do it and get it done. They have an on boarding which is a joke. As a manager or supervisor you have to watch the union they are constantly screwing you over. Let’s put it this way it’s like being in the military mentality . I was a manager for some time and it effected my health and family life.
Pros
Pay and free food
Cons
Management and the union
home office
Learning and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2018
more attention should be paid to their younger staff there is no opportunity for growth for millennials. unless your in the buying and allocation departments you are not seen as no relevant
Pros
great work palce culture
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2018
Enjoyed working within this company . Work life balance is good and they treat the staff respectably and with dignity. This is a corporate environment but they understand doing business in Canada despite being g an American company.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Fun Workplace
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2018
TJXC is a great place to work. The company is culture based, almost like being in a tribe. A lot of great people work there. The company home office is beautiful.
Relaxed and Productive Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 March 2018
Working at Winners and being in touch with customers non stop, taught me a lot about customer service and sales. I've been working as cashier and customer service for a long time; and I know how valuable customers are. The management taught us that customer is always first. The hardest part of the job is just the rush we get sometimes, but it's still fine. Working at retail and being in touch with people is always fun and enjoyable!
Pros
Associate Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Hard Work / Low Reward Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 March 2018
Customers are coming through in a constant flow. Peak time customer flow exceeds staff's ability to meet customer needs on a daily basis.
Promotions almost always brought in from outside candidates.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Little Opportunity for Development
Great if you like retail work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 March 2018
Made lots of friends working here. You get to work closely with other associates, but some positions will put you in a box by yourself for 8 hours. Breaks are fair, but abusable for how long you can spend out back. Fine when you do it, but it will get on your nerves when other people don't return on time. My location is oftentimes understaffed, making it a stressful environment where not much gets done but helping customers.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Scheduling
Moyen
Coordonateur (Former Employee) –  Canada8 March 2018
Évolution de carriere lente. Equilibre vie personelle et professionelle a revoir
Cool place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
Good place to work was only there for seasonal work, management was okay good work life balance, work load was easy but it is labor intensive if you're not a cashier nothing bad to say.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TJX Canada. Our community is ready to answer.