TJX Canada

TJX Canada Employee Reviews

Featured review
TJX Canada selected this as a representative review
Have been working with TJX Winners for 8months now and the management, department coordinators/managers, colleagues are super cool and fun. first retail experience of mine and I love working with them. Everyone from the manager to an associate is really kind and helpful.
Tjx has built its working environment according to its values. Mutual respect is the key answer to all the concerns and possible conflicts. Managers know how to listen, and it's the thing I always like in this company. No one would laugh at your crazy ideas, and sometimes they might bring your opinion to the table. I would love to grow with this company.
Awesome management and friendly enviornment. i always get motivated from the management as they always helps me whenver i need. i am working here from 6 months and i am loving it.
Amazing and fun place to work,always something new each and every day.learning experience is unstoppable.fellow associates are very respectful,managers are there when needed for support.Very Positive Atmosphere.
Pros
Like a second Family
Cons
Managers needs better training with dealing with Associates, better communication skills.
Amazng management staff. They generally care and proved all you need to do your job. We are a team and family...I have never worked where EVERYONE is willing to pitch in and get the task done or to assist a customer.
Pros
Feeling like you matter.
Cons
Takes awhile for you be completely trained on all the different tasks available within the store
Team management ouvert et efficace ... Milieux de travail très convivial et accueillante
Pros
Coupons de réduction, multiples jeux concours entre associés
Cons
Heures de travail par semaine réduit pour étudiants
Terrible company. Minimum wage for maximum effort. Lots of heavy lifting. They don’t pay you accordingly. They don’t care about your mental or physical health.3/4 managers are awful.One is a micromanager, one is extremely cold and rude, and one is so fake and makes inappropriate comments that are passed off as “jokes”.They only offer 10% discount to employees. Hours are all over the place, no chance of having a second job.No chance for moving up either, they have department “leads” that get paid about a dollar more per hour. It’s insulting.Nearly everyone is part-time so they don't have to guarantee hours or benefits. Another terrible American company that does not care about working Canadians.Do not work for them unless you’re in school and want some evening/weekend work.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Terrible pay.
every day is goodteamwork team management helping each othersgood workplace culturenothingeverydaythis is best workplace so lovable enjoy with work and feel blesse
My work experience was excellent . Everyone was so generous, helpful and cooperative, especially management. Work Environment was soo positive. I will love to work again with TJX .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No long hours
This is such a great place to work, so respectful, everyone is kind ..just gotta make sure u follow the dress code....but the customers are amazing the management is so understanding. And the pay is wonderful! Highly reccomend
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TJX Canada?
I absolutely loved working for this company and I loved the staff, besides 2 out of 3 managers due to the fact I was always yelled at if I made the simplest mistake. Customers always talked to me about the managers because they would embarrass the cashiers in front of the whole line. Sometimes felt unwelcomed even though I worked there for a long time.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
I am so happy that I am doing job at Tjx to increase my skills and that’s a good way to contact more people. At store, I feel like I’m working with my family members and that helps to complete the feeling of my home in india
I was really excited to work here but after a few months I realized how bad the management was. I worked way too hard for what I was making and I was never rewarded or even acknowledged. If you ever did anything wrong, you were yelled at by managers. They would also yell at you in front of customers. They tell you they have lots of hours to offer and promised me 30+ hours. I would MAYBE get 20 a week. I did make good friends here but after 8 months of working, I realized it wasn’t worth it.
Although it was first job on retails filed in Canada, but I found my staff and co workers very friendly, patient, and helpful with each other and customer. I’m glad to work for this great company TJX and proud of it
Pros
Fun Friday, and lots of fun activities and snacks
Cons
Some extra hours
J’adore travailler chez Winners, bonne ambiance de travail, les boss super!!!
Pros
Flexibilite dans mes chiffres
Cons
Salaire
Management team were exceptional,very professional and supportive. Employees though unionized were fantastic to work with.management and union had a good relationship.Senior leadership were some of the best people i ever worked with/for.
Pros
Company events and cultural celebrations reguardless of the culture/religion.
Cons
parking very limited.
Great company lots of room for growth. Employee discountsFree lunches on occasions Collaborative team environment Quarterly meetings to provide updates
Pros
Lots of room for growth
Cons
The Winners/Homesense location in Thunder Bay is a great place to work. Management is very friendly and personable and always ready to help you if you need it. They are very flexible in scheduling, especially to those who go to school and have other jobs and or sports/activities. It’s a fast paced environment but management always makes sure the employees are given appreciation for the work they do. Definitely a great place to work.
Pros
Discount, great management, flexible hours
Cons
Holiday hours can be boring
I loved working for TJX but unfortunately had to quit due to covid protocol/long term mask wearing. I have severe asthma and wearing a mask for extended times was making me very ill and unfortunately I had to make the difficult decision to leave the job. I would go back in a heartbeat! Most of the managers were fantastic, my co-workers were amazing and the job was never boring.
Pros
Staff appreciation meals, treats, discount opportunities. Good work does not go unnoticed. Lots of fun
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough hours.
The place should be called TJX Montessori DC. There are no SOPs, no structure, no standards, no true KPIs. Management really needs to catch up with real distribution/warehouse best practices. Everything is based on behavior but since the place resembles a GTA high school cafeteria, you can see the different communities not working together with an ultra-slim CBA, and no productivity is achieved. Management plays favorites and also promotes relatives. Supervisor position is just a glorified hourly worker (yes you will be overpaid), P. Manager has the responsibilities of a regular supervisor anywhere else, etc
Pros
Salary
Cons
too many to list
Everyone who I worked with are extremely nice and outgoing. The company welcomes all workers no matter your cultural race or background. Decent hours and shifts throughout the week but a little strict on shift changes.
Pros
Good breaks for hours worked
Cons
Shifts you may not want
  1. Employee reviews