TJX Canada Employee Reviews

General Labour Job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2018
its a general labour job, reliablity is there but the general labour isnt for me, maybe its for you. Why am I still typing, oh right 150 minimum chars.
Productive and good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2018
Good company, fast pace company. I also built long-term customer relationships and advised customers onpurchases and promotions.
Answered customer questions and offered details about productsand services while efficiently processing orders and managingaccount details.
Served as liaison for customers, management and sales team.
Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customerconcerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problem
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disaster of a place to work
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Stockyards9 December 2018
I work for just over a month in that time I has associates humiliate me in public, management not take it seriously. and then in the end lied to by management and told I will not be needed after one more week of work. to which I resigned before end of date. Everything I read about this company seemed amazing. I was very excited to start and be apart of a company that I thought held the same morals as I do. So when things started happening I was surprised and now extremely disappointed in how this company deals with conflict and how it treats its employees. If your a teenage with no understanding of your rights "to be treated with respect and dignity in the work place" then this is the job for you. Maybe that's why I don't see a lot of older people working at this company. If you stand up for yourself they will find a way to weed you out.
Pros
you get 4 hour shifts
Cons
a lot of the employees are rude and have no regard for basic treatment under the human rights code, Management is poor as they dont even care enough to ask employees if they're ok, Nor do they do necessary followup, And you get all this for minimum wage, and only 10% discount in store WOW not even the taxes.
good mangement
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2018
Tjx warehouse has provided friendly and supportive workplace.This is the best worklace especially for new comers as they support every single person there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not getting hired
Back to Highschool
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2018
Overall a terrible experience at TJX Canada. The company talks a real good game about being dynamic, exciting, progressive etc. In the interview process they hit all the marks.

In reality this company is full of it. The turnover is about 50% within the company as people eventually figure out how backward the company really is. You have systems dating back to the 80’s making work completely redundant and boring. Do you like trending ladder plans (Calculating performance with massive printed reports pencil, calculator and paper??? )

Most managers are unengaged and lack any experience. Very top down management mostly parachuted in from the US. Ever changing direction an fiddling with results. Nepotism, gossiping, favouritism are rampant. Zero bonus for non mgt employees

Stay the away from this place. You will regret spending any part of your careeer here
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Zero development opportunities
Its good company
Packing (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 November 2018
I like work there others employers good with me i was problem is this i did not had ride..they all worker was friendly with me .menagment also good with me
Pros
Free lunch and ride
Cons
Over time
will fire you over nothing.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC25 November 2018
they fired me over not being able to afford a doctors note for having a knee injury. they don't care about their staff and would rather have a person who doesn't do anything then one that does. head office doesn't do anything and unless you are full time staff you don't get more then four hours a day. store managers yelled at me in front of customers because i couldn't afford a 80 dollar doctors note.
Pros
some nice co-workers, customer interactions
Cons
management wont stand beside you and will fire you for little things.
Worst place to work!! Run!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 November 2018
Working at Winners in the Avalon Mall was truly the worst experience of my life!!! I am still in disbelief of the way things are run at that location! If you are not a suck up don't bother to apply! If you get sick and have to go off work for any amount of time they don't even call to see how you are doing! If you can't do anything for them they don't care about you anymore. So much for their core values which by the way are only on paper...they do not live by those values!!! The Joy Project is a joke ...the only ones to get their name put on that list is someone who puts water in the fridge for the staff. Thats the only "Joy" they experience!!! Most management and coordinators have very little respect for part time workers which is why the turn over is so high. The majority of staff leave shortly after orientation if they last that long all! My advise is to stay away! McDonalds is a better option!!!
Pros
Cons
very bad management
Great Co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB20 November 2018
I got this job while I was in school and it was great because of the flexible hours. You get 45 min breaks which is also great. Most of the staff are very nice and hard workers.

On the other hand I worked there for a good while and I wasn't trained in anything but dressing rooms and cash. The pay is unliveable. They do not value seniority or hard work. One can fully expect that other newer associates will be trained in higher positions with higher pay.

If you get injured most likely you will lose your job or your job will be in question.

The management is questionable. Two of the managers are great. They are loving and actually care about you, but there is one manager that will yell at you for just doing your job depending on her mood.

Its a very stressful environment with no real chance in moving forward in anything.

Overall it wouldn't be a bad place to work if they fixed these things.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Doesn't value employees
Toxic Management
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2018
The store-specific management is absolutely toxic. There is no respect towards the employees, and the management actively tries to discourage people from doing good work.

Want to know more about TJX Canada?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work!
Executive Assistant, SVP GMM - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2018
After 10 years with this company, it was a great experience. Lots of advancement opportunity. Culture can't be beaten! The home office facilities are amazing! They really do invest in their associates.
Easy boring workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  55 west drive.30 October 2018
Always arrive the warehouse 15 minutes early. Department meeting. Stretch. Get our papers and wait at our door or start working. I worked in receiving department so I would be pulling skids out of trucks. Organising boxes by P.O and styles. Sending them to the right departments. Required to do 3000 boxes a day. Learned how to use their system. Operated a pump truck everyday. Learned tips and tricks with moving/holding boxes.

Management was great. Seemed very organised with many department heads and supervisors. It was very easy to call in sick and not have to worry. There were rules and policies. A proper orientation and training.

I hated this places workplace culture. It felt like I was a farm animal in a barn moving from one place to the next. Especially during the time shifts change. Work ethic was terrible. All the senior employees would just do the bare minimum. Setting very bad examples for new employees to do things right. Especially when you're getting bad mouthed by a senior employee for "working too hard"

The hardest part of the job was turning my brain off just to mentally get through the day. Working with people that hated their job eventually made me hate it too. Also, if you enjoy working in a non-conditioned environment were you sweat, dry off, sweat again. Coming home a sticky smelly mess then this is the job for you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid and going home.
Pros
Good management. Opportunities for growth and transfer.
Cons
everything else.
Time Management skills learned
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2018
Skids would be lined up for my line, with more than 1 order on them. Price tags would be put on every item, and attached to the order is what box number the item and quantity would have to be placed inside. All boxes were on a rotating carousel for each store. There was a separate part on the carousel for stores that required non-freezables (shampoos, hand creams, etc)
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia24 October 2018
I worked at tjx Canada for more than a year and it was a really fun and positive environment that enabled me to grow mentally and as a person and it was a really valuable life experience.
Pros
life experience and decent salary
Cons
sometimes long shifts
Stay Away
associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 October 2018
Just my opinion based on my experience from one store. If I knew what I know now, I would work someplace else.

* A typical day usually means the store is under staffed. And, don't be surprised if your shifts are cut short. Or, send home when you show up for your shift.

* I leant worksmart. The company has excellent training videos,work guidelines, and best practices for employees. Unfortunately, management at store level doesn't seem to believe in it.

* Management "?" Purposely alter policies to fit personal agendas. Favoritism, or worst, tribalism and alternative truth.

* Workplace culture "?" A place encourages you to report on your co-workers, friends and supervisors. I guess it could be an effective tool against internal thieves. Unfortunately, some people take it too far.

* The hardest part of the job is that you are NOT evaluated and compensated based on your job performance or demonstrated abilities.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is the moment you get to clock out.

Frankly speaking, stay away. That's probably the best decision you have made for your career.
Pros
a small employee discounts
Cons
too many to list
fast service
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2018
enjoy with work
good organization
amazing team work
good atmosphere for work
team spirit
Retail merchandisers work closely with company buyers to maximize profitability by predicting and monitoring sales trends and accurately controlling stock levels. Merchandisers play a key role within a company as profitability can be affected by how successfully they undertake their work.
Pros
breaks
Cons
prolong standing
good job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2018
bonne expérience pour une première job
tres bonne equipe
travail dynamique
Employee Coordination
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 September 2018
Follow the pace and do the work slowly. Most of time enter the data and make the skit. Follow the paper line and complete the task as soon as possible.
Nice people
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 September 2018
Managers were kind so were mist coworkers as a girl I definitely felt isolated by the other girls seeing as jealousy over took them and made them angry with me out of jealousy. Flexible hours and schedule managers really care about you,
cool and great place to grow and succeed in life
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2018
this company taught me the team values and to respect the integrity of the company and the individual. The strong health and safety policy encourages to keep everyone safe at the work site.
Pros
equity among different cultures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TJX Canada. Our community is ready to answer.