TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Demanding workplace
The harder you work, the more money you will make. This goes for most roles as a recruiter. As a customer support associate, I would have to process an amount of work that was not doable for on associate alone. The job would have been fun with more help.
Travailler comme travailleur autonome.
Le management est très proche de ses employés.
Très bonne entreprise ou on ne sent pas juste un numéro.
Pros
Très bonne entreprise ou on ne sent pas juste un numéro
TEKsystems
TEKsystems is a great place for an entry level aspiring sales professional. Great training, accountability and rewards. They do not believe much in work/life balance or better yet integration making it a difficult place to remain as you acquire other priorities come up in life
Wouldn't recommend
American ran organization. Long hours, under paid. Disconnect from American to Canadian business processes. Management is under trained and supported. Organization is greedy.
Awesome company to work for ......
Very good job work/ life balance with a very good job culture. Management is very supportive and overall job security is good. It's a great commutative multi-cultural environment with very good and highly trained technical people from QA's, Ba's, Architects to senior developers in .Net and Java.
Fast paced environment with a diverse culture
- Advanced my technical skills in all Microsoft Office Suites
- Majority of the role deals with Accounts Receivable and collection

- Co-workers are easy to get along with
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Stressful
Good
It is a good job to start at after graduating. If you work really hard, you can get good money. The people you work with are really nice and is always there to help you
Focused on attracting, sourcing and selecting top IT professionals for organizations on a daily basis
Excellent environment to learn the core drivers to successful hiring and management for organization. Success is always defined by client success
Get ready for LONG HOURS
Very little guidance, quick turnover, low pay and long hours. If you are not the first to show up and the last to leave, get ready for the comments and criticism to come flooding in.

Sales environment that turns quite political, if you are not drinking the kool-aid then expect to be seen/treated like an outsider. Can be a great opportunity to grow a network and learn the in's out out's of sales.

Management is unorganized yet expects unrealistic expectations from you.
Team culture
Made 100 cold calls a day to prospective consultants, developed and maintained existing network. Company emphasis on teamwork, and support. Great people to work with.
Cons
very political and tense environment
TEKsystems has a lot of potential but lacks in a few places. the environment is extremely political and not the most collaborative place to work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
work life balance
Terrible place
I Joined Tek as part of their EA recruitment, they basically wasted my time.
Paying me was such a tough issue to solve, benefits were a joke compared to similar roles elsewhere

After my contract was ended it took me two days to find a better paying job without their help.
A reignititing of the possibility for a career.
Loved my experience. Met old friends made new ones. Felt like something I wanted to be a part of. Black Hills Energy is a professional but very friendly place.
Management always made time to check in with me even though only temp. Have been back to visit.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Only a tempary job.
Love working here
A place where you can make a name for yourself and grow within the organisation. a company that rewards performance and leadership.

My coworkers are there to help and share knowledge.
Pros
great work life balance, "we are a family" culture
Contract work, unable to obtain a full time position despite excellent performance.
Much like the rest of head hunters in the market for IT related work, TEKsystems normally has contract work, from short term (few months) to long term (yearly). It's a good place to start if you are into contract work. Unfortunately, when my contract came to an end, they were unable to provide me an immediate replacement job. Overall, I was satisfied with their service, I got hands on experience from an Oil and Gas company.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, competitive salary
Cons
Mostly contract roles..... very minimal full time roles
proactive and nice company
learn new IT skills , certification ISTQB , which leads me better jobs in future
Don't expect to get paid on time...
Great group of people to work for, until the time comes for them to actually pay you. Without getting into too many details, I was given the run around for nearly 3 weeks while they tried to figure out an issue on their end.

I am not the only one this has happened too, either. My manager indicated to me this happens with alarming regularity and that many of the other contract workers simply "accept it".
Pros
They work hard to get you placed, find rides, etc
Cons
like pulling teeth to get paid.
Documentaliste
Bon environnement de travail
Tous les moyens de travail ont été mis à ma disposition
Very hit and miss.
This role, industry, and company were not for me. That being said, it may be a great fit for some people. They target young kids, out of school, and promise great potential compensation. They don't lie about it or anything, but you have to work very hard, have some luck, and be matched with the right people to be successful. A lot of work, they expect you to be tight knit, and spend tons of time together. Annoyingly type-a at times. Overall, you will either love or hate this, and the turnover reflects that.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Work/life.
Testing the Android apps on the tablets
- Creating test plan, test cases.
- Performed the regression testing.

- Create the defect and follow up the fixes.
Great place to work at
TEKsystems was voted in the top 100 companies to work for 2 years straight. They take car of their customer as well as their employees. I worked 5 years at TEKsystems and I would go back to work their again.