TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Demanding workplace
The harder you work, the more money you will make. This goes for most roles as a recruiter. As a customer support associate, I would have to process an amount of work that was not doable for on associate alone. The job would have been fun with more help.
Productive and fun workplace.
I had fun there.
Worked there for 6 years.

I would go back.

That is all I want to say.

What else should I say

How do I get to end this entry error.

Help.

What else do you need?
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Downtown
Good company
IT services provider and industry leader with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500 across North America, Europe and Asia, and 80,000 employees and contractors. Partners with clients to provide Full-Stack Technology, Talent and real-world application services.
Good recruiting company
Most recruiters that work at TEK Systems are young, low paid and inexperienced. The recruiters did buy me lunch a few times and followed up on my job progress. Over the coarse of 4 years I had three different recruiters from TEK Systems. Employee turn-over is high.
Professional environment
Very good job work/ life balance with a very good job culture. Management is very supportive and overall job security is good. It's a great commutative multi-cultural environment with very good and highly trained technical people.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Expect to never put away your phone.
Not the most transparent when starting. 10 hour days minimum, and stuck in some old habits when it comes to their day to day. Nice people to work with internally.
Liars
Lied about the nature of the job. Did not pay overtime. Forced on-call rotation when explicitly told it wasn't part of the position. I felt like a commodity being used to make other people money. I will never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Great people, long hours, mixed bag.
The culture is the best part of the company. A typically young environment with social people. Incredibly long hours, compensation packages aren't the best relative to other firms in the industry.
meet many nationality
typical day learn many remote site around the world because I support them and travel a lot to Toronto and has been live in hotels for weeks but meet a meet many nationality
High Energy & Dynamic environment with Great People
TEKsystems is a great place to build a career, although the hours are sometimes long the people and the environment are top notch. They provide thorough training and all the tools to be successful, it's up to you to do the hard work!
Contract House
As long as you're earning, all is well. If you drop a contract, you may likely fall between the cracks (i.e. recruiter quit Tek, and was not notified of any replacement -- limbo).
Good management and overall process
Good company overall. Very organized process for SDLC and PMLC.
Management is good, productive environment, great on boarding process and great process overall.
High stress with high return
Days start with early morning meetings where teams mull over their targeted business plans and share ideas on how to drive business forward.

After meeting, you sit at your desk and start calling consultants to identify their skills, goals, and interests in order to help sell roles to them.
Pros
Great networking, and free lunches
Cons
long hours and high ROI expectations
Professional environment
A good consulting company with very supportive and collaborative culture. promotes work-life balance in the development centers (mind you the staffing side could be very different. I have no experience there)
Pros
team bldg, training, and supportive
Cons
consulting dry projects
Say good bye to your personal life
No work life balance, terrible management. They take people who are decent in sales and put them into director level positions, with little to no training on personnel management or leadership and expect them to positively impact your career. Most people who have been with the company for more than 2 yrs are so indoctrinated they expect you to give up all other aspirations for your life and career and just live the Tek Model. The company is designed to take people fresh out of school who have no life experience and shape them into thoughtless sales people so the company can make more money. no outside the box thinking, high pressure sales tactics to under cut consultants, and when they use you up they will spit you out and hire the next generation
Good place to learn
Disclaimer: I work in the Montreal office.
The Montreal office is a development shop, as opposed to the rest of TEKsystems where the company is rather a recruitment firm.

Typical day at work:

One agile team per project (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Architect, Team Lead, Developers & QAs)

What to learn:

* The very knowledgeable lead architect is always striving to better ourselves by spending an hour per week on discussing many technical topics.

* Formations are given to learn about the different phases of an Agile project (inception, sizing, story writing, etc.)

Workplace culture:

People are helping each other out, as much as they can - which is awesome!

All in all, a very good company to work for (again, specific to the Montreal office), however....

The downside: the salary increase does not compete enough with what the market has to offer, and thus TEKsystems has a hard time keeping the good players in.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
yearly salary increase are mediocres
Part time work as IT support
Great place to part time work. I never had full time with TEKsystems but they were amazing services and a great place to work.

Typical day was arrive early, get let in by security and get escorted to the place we needed to be working

Lead by a team lead and we were showed exactly how they wanted the work done.
its cool
Fabricating from blueprints, building gensets for oil rigs
Welding Fluxcore, hardwire short circuit all positions thin gauge metal to thick plate

Worked in several man crews, as a team to finish massive projects on time

Cleaned up metal, sweeped floor, organized yard

Prepped metal for painters, minor painting

learned this all there
It is a job
This is a fair place to work with. As an outsourcing vendor company, the jobs are tough.
The compensations were fair, at par or even a bit lower than the market level.
Great company to work and very professional support
I really enjoyed working for Teksystems as they were able to bring the best out of me and I always wanted to give 100% effort.
Pros
Great pay
Great Organization, Poor Leadership
teksystems was a great company however the leadership while i was present was less than inspiring. It makes me wonder if I would have actually enjoyed recruiting at some point.