TEKsystems
Here to help
Coronavirus update

TEKsystems Pay & benefits reviews

Canada77 reviews
If you do a good job and keep their clients happy, you will be employed. If they have the assignments that requires your skillsets, they will work with the client on your behalf to get in.
Pros
Once a month, your account rep may have lunch with you.
Cons
No benefits if you are incorporated.
Since starting at TEKsystems 8 months ago I’ve noticed significant changes is how the company has taken action to make it a more well balanced workplace. Specifically I’ve noticed flexibility for life events to take a priority (appointments, family, personal). Hour core hours have also been tapered back 1.5 everyday with no effect to our salary. When I look at average income in Calgary, my salary is exactly in line. On top of that there is endless opportunity for commission and advancement. Yet at the same time this doesn’t come easy, as 8 months in, I’ll still be at least a few months away from the commission threshold. Although it’s also rewarding to know and see that the harder and more efficient I work, the closer I come to this mark. The culture is great but don’t expect to not be pushed and hit your goals every single week. And it’s exactly this performance culture that keeps me around. No one said it would be easy.
The Montreal Solutions Center was a great place to work and provided the opportunity to learn the Agile process. Unfortunately, the salary compensation was below industry standards.
The culture is the best part of the company. A typically young environment with social people. Incredibly long hours, compensation packages aren't the best relative to other firms in the industry.
Disclaimer: I work in the Montreal office.
The Montreal office is a development shop, as opposed to the rest of TEKsystems where the company is rather a recruitment firm.

Typical day at work:

One agile team per project (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Architect, Team Lead, Developers & QAs)

What to learn:

* The very knowledgeable lead architect is always striving to better ourselves by spending an hour per week on discussing many technical topics.

* Formations are given to learn about the different phases of an Agile project (inception, sizing, story writing, etc.)

Workplace culture:

People are helping each other out, as much as they can - which is awesome!

All in all, a very good company to work for (again, specific to the Montreal office), however....

The downside: the salary increase does not compete enough with what the market has to offer, and thus TEKsystems has a hard time keeping the good players in.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
yearly salary increase are mediocres
This is a fair place to work with. As an outsourcing vendor company, the jobs are tough.
The compensations were fair, at par or even a bit lower than the market level.
It is a good job to start at after graduating. If you work really hard, you can get good money. The people you work with are really nice and is always there to help you
TEKsystems has a lot of potential but lacks in a few places. the environment is extremely political and not the most collaborative place to work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
work life balance
I Joined Tek as part of their EA recruitment, they basically wasted my time.
Paying me was such a tough issue to solve, benefits were a joke compared to similar roles elsewhere
After my contract was ended it took me two days to find a better paying job without their help.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TEKsystems?
Much like the rest of head hunters in the market for IT related work, TEKsystems normally has contract work, from short term (few months) to long term (yearly). It's a good place to start if you are into contract work. Unfortunately, when my contract came to an end, they were unable to provide me an immediate replacement job. Overall, I was satisfied with their service, I got hands on experience from an Oil and Gas company.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, competitive salary
Cons
Mostly contract roles..... very minimal full time roles
This role, industry, and company were not for me. That being said, it may be a great fit for some people. They target young kids, out of school, and promise great potential compensation. They don't lie about it or anything, but you have to work very hard, have some luck, and be matched with the right people to be successful. A lot of work, they expect you to be tight knit, and spend tons of time together. Annoyingly type-a at times. Overall, you will either love or hate this, and the turnover reflects that.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Work/life.
Long hours, if a sales career is for you this is the place to work
Pros
expense lunched
Cons
compensation, hours
workplace is ok for retired people or young workers looking for new full time job experience. pay is inadequite for someone looking to start a family or life.
benefits
Cons
no paid breaks