TEKsystems Pay & Benefits reviews

Good place to learn
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2017
Disclaimer: I work in the Montreal office.
The Montreal office is a development shop, as opposed to the rest of TEKsystems where the company is rather a recruitment firm.

Typical day at work:
One agile team per project (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Architect, Team Lead, Developers & QAs)

What to learn:
* The very knowledgeable lead architect is always striving to better ourselves by spending an hour per week on discussing many technical topics.
* Formations are given to learn about the different phases of an Agile project (inception, sizing, story writing, etc.)

Workplace culture:
People are helping each other out, as much as they can - which is awesome!

All in all, a very good company to work for (again, specific to the Montreal office), however....
The downside: the salary increase does not compete enough with what the market has to offer, and thus TEKsystems has a hard time keeping the good players in.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
yearly salary increase are mediocres
It is a job
Program Manager, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2017
This is a fair place to work with. As an outsourcing vendor company, the jobs are tough.
The compensations were fair, at par or even a bit lower than the market level.
Good
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Canada2 January 2016
It is a good job to start at after graduating. If you work really hard, you can get good money. The people you work with are really nice and is always there to help you
very political and tense environment
Technical Recruiter- Healthcare Services (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 October 2015
TEKsystems has a lot of potential but lacks in a few places. the environment is extremely political and not the most collaborative place to work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
work life balance
Terrible place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby26 July 2015
I Joined Tek as part of their EA recruitment, they basically wasted my time.
Paying me was such a tough issue to solve, benefits were a joke compared to similar roles elsewhere
After my contract was ended it took me two days to find a better paying job without their help.
Contract work, unable to obtain a full time position despite excellent performance.
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 November 2014
Much like the rest of head hunters in the market for IT related work, TEKsystems normally has contract work, from short term (few months) to long term (yearly). It's a good place to start if you are into contract work. Unfortunately, when my contract came to an end, they were unable to provide me an immediate replacement job. Overall, I was satisfied with their service, I got hands on experience from an Oil and Gas company.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, competitive salary
Cons
Mostly contract roles..... very minimal full time roles
Very hit and miss.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2014
This role, industry, and company were not for me. That being said, it may be a great fit for some people. They target young kids, out of school, and promise great potential compensation. They don't lie about it or anything, but you have to work very hard, have some luck, and be matched with the right people to be successful. A lot of work, they expect you to be tight knit, and spend tons of time together. Annoyingly type-a at times. Overall, you will either love or hate this, and the turnover reflects that.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Work/life.
Opportunity to advance quickly
Account/Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2012
Long hours, if a sales career is for you this is the place to work
Pros
expense lunched
Cons
compensation, hours
repetitive tasks
paint line technician (Current Employee) –  palmerston ontario29 February 2012
workplace is ok for retired people or young workers looking for new full time job experience. pay is inadequite for someone looking to start a family or life.
benefits
Cons
no paid breaks