TEKsystems
Coronavirus update

TEKsystems Employee Reviews for Technical Recruiter

Technical Recruiter12 reviews
Canada12 reviews
Worth it, if you are ready for the commitment. High expectations but a lot of opportunity for financial progression and training for those interested.
Since starting at TEKsystems 8 months ago I’ve noticed significant changes is how the company has taken action to make it a more well balanced workplace. Specifically I’ve noticed flexibility for life events to take a priority (appointments, family, personal). Hour core hours have also been tapered back 1.5 everyday with no effect to our salary. When I look at average income in Calgary, my salary is exactly in line. On top of that there is endless opportunity for commission and advancement. Yet at the same time this doesn’t come easy, as 8 months in, I’ll still be at least a few months away from the commission threshold. Although it’s also rewarding to know and see that the harder and more efficient I work, the closer I come to this mark. The culture is great but don’t expect to not be pushed and hit your goals every single week. And it’s exactly this performance culture that keeps me around. No one said it would be easy.
The organization itself was great but be prepared to work the phones hard at the beginning to build your network. I learned a ton about the IT industry and what direction different clients/industries are moving. The hardest part of the job would be understanding the different IT spaces but that will come with time. They have a great training program but ensure you have the right leadership in place to facilitate growth.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inclusive training, structured role and clear responsibilities. Strong earning potential for those willing to work at it and that have a knack for sales and recruiting. Not an easy job, lots of rejection. Lots of uncontrollable factors. Rewarding when things go right.
Pros
Lunches & Coffee, Underground Parking, Management, Good Culture
Cons
Cold-calling, office setting
Not the most transparent when starting. 10 hour days minimum, and stuck in some old habits when it comes to their day to day. Nice people to work with internally.
Days start with early morning meetings where teams mull over their targeted business plans and share ideas on how to drive business forward.

After meeting, you sit at your desk and start calling consultants to identify their skills, goals, and interests in order to help sell roles to them.
Pros
Great networking, and free lunches
Cons
long hours and high ROI expectations
No work life balance, terrible management. They take people who are decent in sales and put them into director level positions, with little to no training on personnel management or leadership and expect them to positively impact your career. Most people who have been with the company for more than 2 yrs are so indoctrinated they expect you to give up all other aspirations for your life and career and just live the Tek Model. The company is designed to take people fresh out of school who have no life experience and shape them into thoughtless sales people so the company can make more money. no outside the box thinking, high pressure sales tactics to under cut consultants, and when they use you up they will spit you out and hire the next generation
teksystems was a great company however the leadership while i was present was less than inspiring. It makes me wonder if I would have actually enjoyed recruiting at some point.
American ran organization. Long hours, under paid. Disconnect from American to Canadian business processes. Management is under trained and supported. Organization is greedy.
Made 100 cold calls a day to prospective consultants, developed and maintained existing network. Company emphasis on teamwork, and support. Great people to work with.
Cons
TEKsystems has a lot of potential but lacks in a few places. the environment is extremely political and not the most collaborative place to work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
work life balance
This role, industry, and company were not for me. That being said, it may be a great fit for some people. They target young kids, out of school, and promise great potential compensation. They don't lie about it or anything, but you have to work very hard, have some luck, and be matched with the right people to be successful. A lot of work, they expect you to be tight knit, and spend tons of time together. Annoyingly type-a at times. Overall, you will either love or hate this, and the turnover reflects that.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Work/life.