TEKsystems
Here to help
Coronavirus update

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Worth it, if you are ready for the commitment. High expectations but a lot of opportunity for financial progression and training for those interested.
The time I've spend with the staff training being provided by the company was memorable for me. Everything from start to end was handled very professionally. Everything was on time, lunch, training hours, schedule, HR staff was very professional. I was really impressed by the way they explained their official ethics and environment, but during that training period the environment I've exposed was something being my expectations it was simply fantastic. Everything was very enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Presentation skills were weak
Nice place to work as an entrepreneur and a good consideration of resources.
The harder you work, the more money you will make. This goes for most roles as a recruiter. As a customer support associate, I would have to process an amount of work that was not doable for on associate alone. The job would have been fun with more help.
Was a temporary job, assigned to a project.
Reported remotely any step on the job.

Procedures were very clear and easy to follow.

Finished without any complain.

Jobs were assigned weekly so we can do a plan to do.
Pros
Good company to work with
Cons
Low rate per mile
The culture at our TEKsystems office stands out the most over anything else. Everyone is a similar age/demographic and attitude aw well all motivated by delivering a good service and the fruits of that labor.
Tbe schedule can be flexible if you need it and show that you work hard.

Lunches & coffees with clients are paid for by the company and encouraged.

Lots of office perks which are all a nice bonus.

Competitive work culture but also when where everyone’s willing to lend a hand.

Uncapped commission structure and lots of room for advancement.

Not for the faint of heart.
They send you on various assignments. Some good, some less desirable. Payscale was a bit low. They did say I was their top performer. I got myself a full time perm job elsewhere, but TekSystems still kept calling me to come back!
This company is great place to work and enhance your skill for the upcoming new technologies. The company is a multinational company developing apps and software solutions for various clients
If you do a good job and keep their clients happy, you will be employed. If they have the assignments that requires your skillsets, they will work with the client on your behalf to get in.
Pros
Once a month, your account rep may have lunch with you.
Cons
No benefits if you are incorporated.
Since starting at TEKsystems 8 months ago I’ve noticed significant changes is how the company has taken action to make it a more well balanced workplace. Specifically I’ve noticed flexibility for life events to take a priority (appointments, family, personal). Hour core hours have also been tapered back 1.5 everyday with no effect to our salary. When I look at average income in Calgary, my salary is exactly in line. On top of that there is endless opportunity for commission and advancement. Yet at the same time this doesn’t come easy, as 8 months in, I’ll still be at least a few months away from the commission threshold. Although it’s also rewarding to know and see that the harder and more efficient I work, the closer I come to this mark. The culture is great but don’t expect to not be pushed and hit your goals every single week. And it’s exactly this performance culture that keeps me around. No one said it would be easy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TEKsystems?
good place to start a career. If you are fresh out of school and looking to get a job quick and get pushed, this is the place. not a place to retire from.
Pretty much what you would expect. Day to day is good and the development teams are great to work with. Some projects can be pretty advanced, however, you can get stuck on a maintenance project as well.
Great commission, great place to start career and develop skills early on including business acumen and sales. Has grown a lot as a company over the past 2 years
The organization itself was great but be prepared to work the phones hard at the beginning to build your network. I learned a ton about the IT industry and what direction different clients/industries are moving. The hardest part of the job would be understanding the different IT spaces but that will come with time. They have a great training program but ensure you have the right leadership in place to facilitate growth.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
very busy. lots of accountability and days loaded with feedback. You must be able to build your own calendar. You need to get on the "TEK train" or else..
Pros
paid expenses
Cons
pressure
Not a good work environment, and very much dictator style leadership. They do not appreciate push back or new ideas.

7:30am - 5:30pm required in office, with mandated lunches and coffees with clients. Sales jobs can be like this, but not mandated. No flexibility, and a bad atmosphere all around.
Enjoyed 2 weeks in working with teksystems for IT technician in coca cola's data migration process. The pay is also good and learned a lot of stuffs with the area of IT that i studied.
All the care is the companies they send people to and not the people that they send. They try and make the management of that company happy. Once the job is over, they forget they even know you
Cons
Your experience may vary depending on location and the recruiter you are assigned to, but overall the recruiters were professional and approacheable, you can talk about any issues on the job and they will help you look for another position after the contract ends.
Pros
Professional and approcheable recruiters
Cons
Sometimes recruiters are unfamiliar with the industry you are in
The project was to be a 9 month or longer project but due to management change, the project was put on hold until further research was performed. This does not reflect on TEKsystems.
Pros
great communications
Cons
wish the project had continued
People are assigned to different customers’ projects. The projects could be either “managed” or “none managed”. As an employee, I have no choice to work on which project. So some assignments are interesting and challenging, some others are boring. In between the assignments, there are bench times. For some people, the bench time is a chance to learn new technologies. But for many people, the bench time is boring. The professional service department has an architect team, they drive the technical direction on all the projects for customers. They are hired as “last say”. The architects show up as strong technical authorities internally. All the developers have to respect them. However, when they deal with customers, the architects’ ideas or proposals were failing to get contracts more than accepted by customers. So the developers’ bench time got longer and longer. Hope Teksystems professional service team will adjust the way of driving the architecture, so that more customers’ contracts can be located.

Teksystems’ management and IT team are doing excellent job. People will get their paycheck every weekend.