T-Lane Nation

T-Lane Nation Employee Reviews

Work hard don’t ask questions

Be a good driver take everything dispatch gives you. Don’t deny work, do all jobs with no questionsCheat your log, make big money pay for everything out of pocket to get reimbursed. Good for a lease operator but company drivers have to have to same outlook. Get the job done at all costs.

Pros

Lots of money

Cons

Oilfield

Hold money ransome

Been hear 6 years the place has really gone down hill, lots of turn over in office The current dispatchers and Management Team all lie to the drivers. Money isn't always what its supposed too be, owners wife chips away at the rates .So much dishonesty against the team.But don't you dare lie to them. Lots of empty miles no money . Mission dispatcher lies thru his teeth. Worse dispatching.

Pros

Cons

Stay away

Great Place to work

This trucking company was different to where I have worked before . There were few innovative ideas that I have not seen before, there is a great concept of body breaks twice a day that is meant to relax your mind from what you are doing. The workplace culture is fun and in all a place I’ll recommend to work for

Pros

Group Activities

Challenging fair work place

I have worked at T-Lane for the last three years. The industry can be fast paced at times, the good part about T-Lane is the expectations during these times is clear and extremely fair. My day is in my own hands with upper level goals to reach, how I get the task complete is up to me. The culture is based on the company’s core values, most notable putting the customer experience first, T-Lane treats all staff, drivers and vendors as customers in addition to the actual customer. Because of this I feel my voice is heard especially when I have an opinion to give. I am encouraged to change processes if they seem broken. The most enjoyable part of my day is driver interaction, I have them in the office reviewing jobs and providing feedback on their statements. This transparency is encouraged by the owners and is a great tool to enhance the customer experience of our drivers.

Pros

10 minute team building every afternoon, the random lunches brought in by the owners

Some of the best people I've ever known

Having an amazing group led by fantastic people makes all the difference. Culture is constantly improving and all of us embrace each change as a team.

Pros

Team Environment

Fun place to work with family mentality!

A few bad eggs do not change the experience for most at T-Lane. I have worked for some bad micromanagement in my day and can honestly say I haven’t once experienced that here. From day one I was treated not like an employee, but a family member. Can honestly say, even on the bad days, I would pick working here over anywhere else!

Pros

Family Mentality, free lunches, team building, great co-workers

worst company I ever worked for

worst company I have ever worked for. Do not recommend employment here for anyone. owner and management do not care about drivers. Just care about the loads. You are treated as just a seat filler

Pros

Cons

very disorganized

Terrible dispatching and oversize permit routing.

The pay is ok in most cases except when it comes to hauling anything oversize. The sales team obviously has no clue when it comes to oversize. The girl that does the permits for the oversize loads obviously relies on google maps for routing which absolutely does not work. They also guess at weights instead of allowing the driver to weigh for overweight permits. The final straw for me was when I had to reroute myself which was totally against the law or wait for 2 days. One time I was asked by dispatch if I would haul an oversize from ontario to alberta without a permit. when I said only if T-lane paid any fines I might have got and I required it in writing. That plan was kiboshed immediately. Very poor communication from dispatch and to much communication form the girls Tim hired to call the drivers every day to see how things are. Extremely high driver and owner operator turnover. Also the industry standard is for owner operators to know what the rate is for the load they are about to haul. For some reason T-lane thinks they are above this and will not give the rates and when they do after jumping through hoops to get a response it is just some made up number and not the real rate. Honesty and good useful communication would go a long way here.

Pros

Cons

high employee turnover, terrible dispatch and oversize routing.

Truck driver

T-lane vanished very quickly when they got rid of the best dispatchers I ever worked with in my trucking career In 22 years were let go !! They actually were good at there job and were aware of a drivers job. Very understanding and would go to bat for the drivers!!! Sales will stab you in the back every chance they get !!

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for leaving a review! We are sorry to hear this has been your experience, we always strive to provide the best support possible to our drivers and ensure we're fostering an environment for success. If you would like to discuss further please don't hesitate to reach out directly.

An environment that challenges you everyday with an added benefit of fun!

T-Lane is like one big family, we work together, we collaborate together, everyone is encouraged to express their ideas, be creative, to think outside the box. We have great tools in place that enable us to learn about each others job and how we can help each other. We have fun together! We break every morning for exercise and every afternoon for a game and for a moment, if you're having an especially busy day, you really appreciate that mental break to relax, have fun and laugh with your Team! There is no I in Team....neither is there an I in T-Lane :)

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear that you enjoy being part of the T-Lane Family! This is the exact environment that we strive for.

N/a

would prefer not to will not allow me to proceed without doing a review, the review is nonsequetor. The experience i had at T-Lane is not going to be the same for every one, mine was very poor.

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you well!

High turn over - poor management

This company is in financial struggle due to very high turn over, many lost wrongful dismissal suits, the owner is impulsive, arrogant and does not care about his staff.

Pretty much a joke of a company

Boss fires people left right and center . Short fuse and back stabs . Talks down to you and the owner cannot take any responsibility for the company failures

Pros

Non

Cons

Attitude is garbage

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for leaving a review! We are sorry to hear this was your experience with T-Lane. Our owner is heavily involved in our day to day business, ensuring the vision of T-Lane is amplified with each opportunity. We wish you well!

stressful/payroll issues/inexperienced management

We supplied a lot of our own work supplies that should have been provided by employer, I had to fight for a fair wage, I still haven't been paid back for wages due to unorganized payroll and management, I had to explain to management about labour laws, we had to constantly correct mistakes made by management and dispatchers, we were thrown into situations without any information setting employee's up for failure. I am not a sour ex employee even though it may look that way. I am just simply explaining the experience I had while working there for almost 2 years. I feel it is important for companies that are operating like this are exposed for the way treat employees and conduct business so that other hard working men and woman don't have to go through the same issues I unfortunately experienced.

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear this is your experience. We work diligently to ensure our team is well looked after, offering some of the highest wages in the industry, and providing a positive working environment. We wish you well!

Poor management

Was a good start but not long after started seeing poor communication and lack of help . The shop Forman is the biggest joke I have ever seen and doesn’t have the skills to do the job right treats it like a dealership not a trucking company. He would park a truck that was in to be fixed and not tell mangers , dispatch, or driver . Big driver turn over only 2 drivers there long term that get giving hrs when things get slow instead of shearing hrs .

14 October 2020
Hello and thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear this was your experience. We wish you well.

Worked there7 years

I spent alot of time here there is no appreciation for there drivers the owner feels they are a dime a dozen they don't care about anything but money there is no ot very minimal benefits and the equipment is not well looked after it got so bad that we couldn't even get new belts for tieing down loads safely so I moved on also the owner is extremely difficult to work with and has no idea how to do the job himself its really pathetic

14 October 2020
Hello and thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear you feel this way. T-Lane aims to support our drivers and create a positive atmosphere for them to thrive. We wish you well!

No two days were the same.

• Clerical duties, including multi-line phone, typing, copier, fax, filing and maintaining records • Communicate consistently and effectively between management, employees and customers • Keep front office clean and greet clients while assisting their needs and making sure they are directed to the correct department for business needs and meetings • Continually strive to develop positive customer relationships by providing outstanding customer service

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Nice place to work

For such a big company they treat you like a person not a number. Management comes by and see ask how things are and see if things could be better and how.

14 October 2020
Hello and thank you for your review! T-Lane strives to feel like a family for our team, so thank you for sharing those thoughts. We wish you well!

Not what was expected

Disappointed with some upper positions take on drivers concerns and issues Dispatch awesome and gave 100% to drivers Mechanic shop needs work, lacks a great deal of communication and help with drivers concerns and needs.

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for leaving a review! We always strive for a positive and supportive work environment. We are excited to have implemented some changes within our mechanic shops as well, creating a seamless work process.

Great Work Place

I really enjoyed working here. Fast paced, great team members. Management was wonderful.

14 October 2020
Hello, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us, and hope you are well!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Lane Nation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9