T&T Supermarket Employee Reviews

friendly environment but stressful, fast paced
Cashier (full time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2019
not a bad place to work but you will get super exhausted after work. You will be working like a machine, and deal with difficult customers all the time, what is worse? the store manager (North town) never speaks for you when you are badly treated by the customers.
Pros
get some discount in store
Cons
super super tired
Life at T&T
Seafood Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2019
we dont have much to learn here other then cutting and cleaning seafood. after a while i got tired because people in there do not communicate with each other nor care.
pros and cons
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2019
A very good place to work as part-time job. However, not a good place for rise your position. the manager can arrange your time to fit your requirement, so it is good. Salary is terrible.
Pros
schedule
My first part-time job experience
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2019
The most enjoyable party of the job is probably that you get to learn something new everyday, either through from co-workers or customers because you be surprised by how much you can gain from just communication alone.
friendly workers, fast paced
Cashier Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2019
the team is friendly, the job is interesting and the days are never the same. Sure sometimes things get boring and you do get fussy, unreasonable or rude customers - but I enjoy my work and take pride in doing the job.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
low wages
very good cooperation between co-workers
food demonstration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2019
co-workers communicate very well to make sure how to reach the daily sale's goal. give each other sales experience to improve sales. build a very good relationship with customers, explain food very well to increase the sales.
Good place keep away from local culture
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
T & T supermarket is the topically Chinese speaker work place. you Don`t need to learn how you speak English, you can speak Mandarin or Cantonese here.
Interesting work environment but feels understaffed
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 December 2018
When I first started, the head chef taught me how to do various things in terms of making different breads with the dough. I had fun learning new things
Fast pace environment with decent workers.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2018
I supervise night shift sushi line and kitchen with around 10 to 14 people per night. Also working in a cooled environment. Leaving around 3am every night and can go as late as 6am on a more busy night. Pay is not the best but it can be a bridge job to something better!
bad workplace
Bakery Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2018
Toxic culture and hours are cut at management's whim. Lots of favouritism. High turnover because it's not a job with any advancement or reward.

Management doesn't listen and actively insults employees.
Cons
Hours cut, politics
I work at the dairy section of the store.
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2018
I work at the dairy section of the store. Most of the time it's pretty chill and easy work shift, I sometimes get questions from customers of where to find things. The salary is minimum wage. The only thing that kept me going from working at the company is the money.
it's all good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 October 2018
it's all right. just lots of the customers are rude. easy to ask for a time off. 10% staff purchase discount. discounted staff meal offered. Free meal if you work on holidays.
Pay is below fair market price
Assistant Accountant (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 October 2018
Pros

- Good learning opportunity
- Stable. If you don't slack and have a positive attitude, you can work at this company until you retire.
- If you prefer to speak Mandarin/Cantonese at work. This is a great place for you.
- Management generally try their best to help employees when possible.
- Most co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
- 10% discount at T&T stores ($60/month) .
- Extended health care (different coverage based on your job's grading)
- Best benefit packages among "Asian supermarkets" - for what it's worth.

Cons

- Low pay. $14.5/hr - it's really hard to survive in Metro Vancouver with this kind of pay.
- Heavy work load. Extremely fast paced. There are many time sensitive tasks every day. Expect to do unpaid voluntary overtime at least a couple times a week if you want to meet your deadlines.
- Poor work/life balance. Overtime is common. You will be drained when you get home due to its fast pace and high pressure …
purchase discount
SENIOR BAKER (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 October 2018
Superior bread team to prepare produce for dairy
prepare filling and bread dough for tomorrow
bake bread and cake, dessert for every day
Decoration frost icing cakes, cutting and decorate
Bad management
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2018
Hiring people based on favouritism
only native Chinese-speaking can get the higher opportunity
feel bad for people who they call but after all, they cancel for some budget reason.
Pros
discount, easy job, fun colleges
Cons
bad management, cut hour, late shifts
Not a good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
This is another company that is owned and run by LOBLAWS. If you like to be treated poorly by management then this is the place for you. No advancement within the company.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Good experience for summer job
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2018
It is easy to get in, really organized place, professional job experience. The staff are friendly and u learned how to approach to the customers. Never forget!
Good colleagues but not a good environment if you cannot handle stress well
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 August 2018
Have worked here for awhile and know most of the colleagues at my store. I love this company since my colleagues treat me well but also dislike my company cos management see all of our customers r always right. Staffs are super friendly as your coworkers and teach you staff all the time. We share ups and downs. You could even make friends with different ages people there. Managerial level like department head and adh or supervisor are not mean either. They are willing to teach you and gain more at the workplace.

Being a cashier has to face so many customers and do lots of transaction, although most of the customers are nice, there's some really rude and stupid. You will realize that is not a good postion for you if you do not know how to deal with people. Just to remember to take a deep breathe and then carry on. They love complain all the time.

Know Chinese is a bonus but you don't have to know, be prepared your customers will force you to speak Chinese to them cos they think they are superior than you. They love to throw their recycle bags, money and card to you. If you forgot to ask them for point card, they act like they wanna kill you and report you to your manager. Even if you ask them in English, sometime they just pretend they do not understand or actually do not understand.

Just to be careful when you do change and also type all the PLU codes, make sure is accurate and not letting them have change to complain about you. You will know what I mean.

I would recommend this workplace to people if you need many hours and want to learn how to speak Chinese.
  more...

If you are a really hard working and productive person, you will be fine at the team. If you are careless one.. Be careful, you will be in trouble easily. But they do not fire people easily so I do consider job security is not bad. However, at the same time, it may not be a good workplace for high salary, is not a place for u if you want higher paid.

Overall, I do love my colleagues and will miss them if I leave. I just do not like how customers treat the others like nobody.
Pros
Staff discount and good team and helpful colleagues
Cons
Rush hours and mean customers
good first job experience work place
Produce assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 August 2018
complete duties, serving customers when needed, using pulley jack to move loads of goods. I have learned to communicate with coworkers and superiors to achieve goals efficiently. store management is nice and they would listen, but however work culture is just ok.
fast paced environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 August 2018
Overall not a terrible place to work, it is a great way to communicate with a variety of people. However, management is pretty terrible and needs a lot of work. Salary is low but the hours are flexible.
Pros
cheaper lunchs
Cons
long hours of standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T&T Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.