Sysco Employee Review

its alright ,we have a gym inside the company
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2016
typical day at work just continues order pick ups ,i learned to be totally organized, mangement wise is pretty fair, my co-workers are awesome, difficult part of the job is when we get difficult orders with lots of quantity like about 50 or more of the same product with the weight of 50pnds and you have to do it in like 2-5 mins.the most enjoyable is when work is done.
Pros
good environment
Cons
heavy job

Other Sysco Employee Reviews

They pay good, that's it
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, NS18 July 2019
In all honesty this branch of Sysco has been heading downhill for years, and isn't getting better anytime soon. They're bonus program can only be a achieved by working unsafe and putting your body and others at risk of injury. Coming in the door at this branch you'll be lucky to get 30 hours a week because they over staff to prevent anyone from getting full time. They've lost so much business they're one big customer away from closing the branch it seems like. Orders are maxed to the roof of trucks most nights to save money so they don't have to hire drivers, times are absolutely ridiculous to complete the orders. Working nights is already bad enough, but it's made even worse there. Supporting roles and supervisors do what they can but are so over worked I'm amazed they haven't quit themselves. When someone from management finally makes an appearance on nights for the most part you can see in their faces how little they care or want to be there. Honestly there's better jobs out there, pass on this place.
Pros
Hourly rate but scarce hours
Cons
Honestly everything else
Productive and fun place to work and friendly everoment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON The head office at The East Mall16 July 2019
My typical day at work is when I get to work and we are all working as a team.

I learned a lot - The payroll system ie ADP how to run reports and interface it to manual life and run report for payroll to remit deductions to the government. In short I a lot there that I am today using plus all my other experience with other Payroll software.

Management - where great they give you the tools needed to get your job done on timely bases also, people persons.

Workplace culture was excellence everyone help each to grow.

The hardest part of the job for me is having - to leave at the end of my contract.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we are human beings and we all worked very happy with each other.