Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

Was good in the beginning...

22 February 2019
Worked there for 3 years on the sales desk. Things were okay in the beginning until some of the core staff starting moving on to different departments, instead of filling their spots with reliable skilled individuals they either increased the course load on the rest of us by A LOT - suddenly we were doing tasks outside our job descriptions and doing the work of multiple people... or they would begin to hire people that didn't fit the job but rather just the "image" they were trying to achieve as a company - clearly skill set started to not matter. In result this created a high turnover rate near the end of my time there.

The management started off being very hands on and always interacted with their staff in a friendly way - near the end of my time there it had completely changed to where managers were in their offices with the doors closed all day long no longer with smiles on their faces and cheery dispositions.. me and many other coworkers were convinced that this place was making us all miserable.

Do not work here if you cannot handle high stress volumes - working with the food industry is very demanding even from just a "call center desk" you're expected to go above and beyond for your customers but get little to no recognition for it. BUT make one simple mistake (which you have to expect with human error and working under pressure) and suddenly you get a "strike" ....well 3 strikes you're out. I've seen it happen to a couple people over my time there.

A distinct memory of mine that changed at how I looked at the company was when one of our full time employees
 - more...
Pros
free food, social events, vacation time
Cons
hours, stressful, no holidays off
18 March 2020
Same roleSame location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
If you are married with kids then do not apply. Sysco places money over family.
You are working 7 days a week. Bringing your work to the cottage on the weekend is the norm.

When you work hard to build an account and a great relationship with your customers. Sysco will take your account and turn them over to inside sales and you lose that profit. If you want to stay healthy then stay away. Your health will decline. Too many of my former associates are sick and miserable now.

If
15 March 2020
Same role
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Victoria, BC
Unfortunately the site is driven by ego, intimidation and fear. Managers are not leaders and vision is limited to quarterly financial reporting. Poor fiscal performance and lack of leadership mean seriously job security
Pros
Wages
Cons
People
8 July 2020
Same location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
It was a good place to work. Co-workers were very collaborative. There were tea and coffee for everyone who wanted. There was enough food to go round almost every day.
Pros
Cons
Some days could be stressful