Sysco Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 81 reviews matching the search See all 3,480 reviews
Time Pressured kind of work but good salary
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2016
Its physically demand job. Time pressured, need to get 95% output percentage everyday, but got a good salary.
Shipers and Receivers (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
A good place to work as afar as warehouse is concerned. Lots of good worker with lots of advancement on the job. Hardest part of the job is when you go more than 8 hours, the most enjoyable part is when you get your bonus.
Great workplace with learning opportunities and a fast pace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2016
-- Place customer orders and address any issues they have with their service level
-- Help coworkers with product questions or technical issues
-- Assist customers with product information and finding the best product for their function
-- Provide service in a timely and friendly fashion
-- Friendly environment among coworkers
Pros
Great Benefits, Team lunches, Learning opportunities
Cons
Schedule, depending on area serviced, can differ from a "9-5"
Good Company
AZ Driver - B-Trains / Delivery Associate / (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON1 March 2016
Good company.
long hours.
great pay
strict management
Guest services
Harsh conditions
no coworkers. work alone
driving positions
A great team organization that recognizes their employees for their hard work and contributions
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
Sysco drives their employees to succeed and share in their vision to support their customers success through continuous training, setting goals and working together with management to overcome challenges in day to day work. Customers in this industry can prove to be difficult to work with and Sysco provides the tools and support to help their employees meet and exceed customer expectations.
Pros
Competitive compensation, benefits
Cons
Challenging customers, weekend on call work
Good pay, very demanding work load
Warehouse selector/Lift truck operator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 February 2016
Extremely challenging work environment.
Negligible opportunity for advancement.
Very profit driven, sometimes seemingly at the expense safety.
Compensation/Benefits very competitive.
Excellent work force.
fun workplace all the employees are good
Order Selector/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2016
we always thinking about our grades i learned to communicate to the other people all my co workers are friendly the hardest part of my job is to have a not enough guys for that day the most enjoyable part of my job is pay day
Pros
free lunches
Fun place to work at
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2015
this company has many different benefits, the staff were great to work with on a daily basis.
one weakness of this company, is the senior management interact much with the middle managements, and workers.
Looking for better paying Driving Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB27 November 2015
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
fast paced and fun
AP ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Acheson AB20 May 2015
coworkers are the best I have ever had the privilege to work with, very fast paced days, stress level at times can be high, management needs to be more in tune with the employees and more familiar with the job expectations as well as more supportive, work load is heavy.
Pros
employees perks, buying things at cost
Cons
workload, raises, management
Sysco
Marketing Associate/Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2015
Good company to work for, great benefits and pay. Work life balance could use some work. I would recommend this company to others
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable / Cash Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
Awesome co-workers. Great place to work at. Occasionally free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches
First experence
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 April 2014
This was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot of things here. How the work is done at a workplace.
What are the benefits we get.
Safety is always first.
Work with rules and regulations.
Challenging, but like any job very rewarding to help restaurant managers
Trailer Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2013
- A typical day at work involved unloading fresh and frozen foods from a truck and carrying them to multiple restaurants in Winnipeg.
- Working at Sysco, I learned the importance of time management. We were given a certain allotted time to deliver the products to multiple restaurants across the city. If I was too slow to deliver them, the restaurant managers/supervisors would be behind in their jobs. I did not want to let them down or make them late in their job as well. This was very important skill I was able to learn and perfect.
- I was able to get along with my coworker (the trailer truck driver), that I became his first choice in "trailer truck driver assistants" when he needed work done, due to the time management skills I learned.
- The hardest part of my job was that there were no benefits. It was a pretty physically demanding job (which was no problem for me), although at times it was not safe and I worried that if I got hurt, I would not have benefits or coverage if an accident were to happen.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to travel around the city of Winnipeg. I am a new resident of Winnipeg, so it was nice to see what Winnipeg as a City has to offer. Also, it was fun to meet new people such as managers and supervisors of different restaurants.
Pros
complimentary food and drinks from certain restaurant managers.
Cons
graveyard/night shifts.
Fun place to work
Data Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC16 March 2013
Great people, reasonable pay and benefits, capable and friendly management, great hours MON.-FRI 8am-4pm Salary, accesible and personable upper management including the President of this particular OPCO
Pros
free bbq's, other related contest based perks
Fast paced environment.
Fork Op, Order Picker. (Current Employee) –  Regina, Sk. Canada7 February 2013
Poor management, favoritism, little regard for customers or low end employees. Only concern seems to be about efficiency(numbers) & not the safety/ well being of the worker. Inadequate training with regard to operating systems. Unable to approach managers with safety concerns or job related issues. Unreasonable expectations in regard to work performance or ability. Unable to understand I.T. personnel who seem to lack the ability to speak the English language & offer little help/support. Warehouse too small to accommodate pallet jacks. Some aisles too narrow for safe fork lift operation. Cracks in warehouse floor & leaky roof are hazards for pedestrians, pallet jack & fork operators. If you're looking for stable, long term employment with little or no stress, then this is not the place for you!
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
management, hours, job security.
A poorly managed organization reflected in the morale of workers
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB11 September 2012
This company is managed by personalities whos' only interest is to get the product out of the door at all costs and shows little or no consideration towards it's shopfloor workers. I didn't really enjoy working for this company as it works on the premise of chaos and is reactive rather than proactive in it's approach to almost everything. My favourite part of the job was probably leaving at the end of shift, the hardest part was dealing with management incompetence and trying to supervise and motivate a continually disgruntled workforce. Health and safety within Sysco Nasys is conducted on an Ad Hoc basis and the loosely speaking safety manager (no safety qualifications) has little or no idea in developing a safety strategy and promoting a positive safety culture.

All in all working here is a bad experience one I wouldn't recommend to anyone other than someone who is desperate for employment. This is a potentially unsafe work environment where issues will only be addressed when someone is seriously injured or killed
Pros
reasonable salary
Cons
poor management setup, dangerous practices, lack of real interest in shopfloor employees, unionized environment
Busy work day
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton23 August 2012
Work is very busy and can consist of 200 plus emails each day. Hard work is rewarded for incented group but only if you make your profit plan
Pros
vacation time is above average
Cons
long days, work load is extremely busy
Perfect place to fly under the radar
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 August 2012
This is a great job if you're new to sales and learning the business.

It is boring as heck if you just want to go out and make a decent living.
Pros
lots of samples, extensive training
Cons
long probationary period, mediocrity unintentionally encouraged
exceed physical limit,work very hard or be suspended or terminated!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2012
a typical day in the warehouse floor,is always in a hurry and trying to reach a certain percentage or piece counts just to get a performance bonus $$$, but when they hire temporary foreign worker, they make it a must that your should a certain very high performance (95%) or else you'll be re-trained, suspended or terminated. maybe this is the very reason only temporary foreign worker mostly endure the job here to earn money to be sent home to their love ones. Many time we do not take full breaks or lunch just to continue the job and have high performance.
Pros
performance bonus, free work out, you'll never gain weight even you eat a lot.
Cons
unsafe, mistakes salary deduction, forcing to reach a certain high performance, or be terminated.