Sysco
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Sysco Culture reviews

Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
Je arrête de travail pour sysco raison personnel dans le Passe, maintenant je retournerai Aujourd’hui
Pros
Salaire conditions
Cons
Changer Ă©quipement
Official response from Sysco
21 April 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.
The people I worked with were great......Good benefits, good people and free parking are some of the benefits of working for Sysco British Columbia.
Pros
Free parking
a typical day at work:Expect to be carried and/or looked down upon by senior selectors until you manage to prove yourself to the top tier of laborers. There is an inevitable level of toxicity due to the bonus structure; the handful of speed-demon, hard-working, motivated selectors push themselves to the limit every night, ensuring the team is able to leave at a decent time, bearing the literal burden of their new and/or unmotivated counterparts.what you learned:Efficiency is everything, inside and outside of work.management:Very inadequate, non-understanding HR, focused on politics such as diversity and retention rate rather than filtering the revolving door of employees and keeping the ones that truly care. Day shift managers govern the night crew—without being able to physically be there at the same time, there will always be a disconnect between trust on a personal and professional level, paired with the yes-man type attitude consistent throughout management above supervisors.workplace culture:Sometimes toxic & cliquey. Typically everyone has a shared rage toward management and has no problem stating it among peers.the hardest part of the job:The job itself. You cannot do it forever. Far from worth spending your time there unless you are able to motivate yourself to make a bonus every week.the most enjoyable part of the job:Lots of time to think, listen to music & podcasts. The labourer crew is generally very welcoming and excited to work with new hires, but will expose flaws in coming weeks without holding any words back. Lots of "iron sharpens iron" vibes - more...
Pros
High paying job if you can efficiently make a bonus every week while avoiding injury.
Cons
Management, lack of opportunity to advance within the company, common overtime, working stat holidays, working nights.
Promesses faites à l'entrevue et non tenues. Désintéressement de la part des Directeurs. Aucun suivi de satisfaction de la part des supérieurs. Aucun respect pour l'employé, nous sommes des numéros.
Sacrificing your sleep and doing a lot of physical work is quite draining but the pay is good, the cafeteria is full of different snack selections. You will interact with lots of long term customers with sysco and solve problems on site
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Soft Management as a whole, with the resulting work environment being more and more difficult. Great people and co-workers, but the 12 to 14 hours a day work schedule is demeaning.
A great place. and people always support you. HR team was super responsive culture when it comes to warehouse jobs Work is repetative but great incentives and probably the best work place in terms of benefits and
Pros
Games, Parties and Free food many times
Cons
Heavy Work
I worked there for 10 years and learned many new skills. It is a fast pace environment with lots of changes and challenges. Opportunities to advance and learn new programs, etc are a big part of the culture there. The management team is friendly, helpful and always available to assist. I looked forward to going to work everyday. The hardest part of my job was when I did not have the resources I needed in order to complete a task and sometimes technical support was difficult to obtain in a timely manner. Typical day would involve setting up meetings, taking minutes, preparing reports, presentations, managing company credit card, reconciling and coding credit card charges to departments, getting computer access for new associates, organizing company events throughout the year as well as booking travel for executive team. It was a great place to work and if another suitable opportunity opened up, I would definitely apply.
Pros
Gym accessible to all Associates
Cons
Occasionally getting support required to accomplish goals
Silo driven culture with many competing requirements and senior management from each department will look internally and not focus on the big picture and what is best for the company in general
Ils m'ont donner ma chance de me faire valoir. Une entreprise vraiment super
Sysco pays fairly. However the expectations are very high. Pace of work is fast and demanding. Home life balance is difficult. Very high performing staff and management teams. Extremely competitive environment
Manager incompétents, et manipulation des employés
J'ai bien aimée mon séjour chez Sysco. J'étais un employé modèle je n'ai jamais eu de difficulté avec la moyenne demander (115) pick a l'heure pour monter les commandes moi personnellement je roulais a 130 et même 150 pick a l'heure avec un taux d'erreur très apprécié par les contremaîtres mais moins du syndicat qui trouvais que j'allais trop vite. J'ai eu la formation pour me servir d un transpalette et pour chauffer un chariots élévateurs (Raymond) et j'ai bien aimé être au chargement des camions encore la il nous demandais de donner un rendements de 8 palette a l'heure et j'en donnais 10 a 12 \heures. Pour l'aspect le plus difficile que j'ai trouver c étais de travaille avec un syndicat vue que je donnais plus que les autre j'ai eu des commentaires pour me faire ralentir. mais en général j'ai vraiment apprécié les 12 année passée pour Sysco. Les dates d'embauche ne serons peut-être pas précises j'y suis aller d'après mes souvenirs
Work at Sysco offered me so many challenges as production was a new area for me. Working in a unionized environment also added to this challenge. Management was very supportive and provided me with the necessary tools to help me learn quickly and adapt to the work culture.
The culture at Sysco needs some work. Unfortunately, focus is on the bottom line rather than the business culture. Morale and productivity challenges are evident because of this across the organization. Happy employees equal productive employees.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Low employee morale
Hardest part of the job was the excessive overtime each month end I learned many new systems I have never seen before Sysco. Most enjoyable was the great people I worked with. Many levels of Management.
Best place to work in ... nice workers helpful managers... multiple culture community.. overall best place to work in for anyone.. if you looking for a job apply at Sisco if ur a butcher
Unfortunately as good as it was to get a job with Sysco, it was not a place that was for me in almost every aspect. It was hard to adapt to culture of the work place.
Overall a great place to work, every job has pros and cons. Good people and management. Good team dynamic. Not micromanaged. Not super flexible in hours/adaptability.
Management needs work they have a hard time connecting with the customers and there needs. Great place to work for advancing and working directly with customers.