Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

Good place to work, decent salary, optional over time, paid lunch, management is pretty understandable and chill. Job is pretty hectic, had to hit a “percentage” per day and pick up to 1500 cases per day. Isle were pretty busy after 4pm so lots of waiting to get orders done and orders can be behind
Pros
Free lunch, night shift premium, paid lunch, good pay
Cons
Working in freezer, hard to hit daily percentage
Je arrête de travail pour sysco raison personnel dans le Passe, maintenant je retournerai Aujourd’hui
Pros
Salaire conditions
Cons
Changer Ă©quipement
Official response from Sysco
21 April 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
They just need to let go of the people who do basically nothing at all, and treat the people who do just about everything including other workers jobs with a little more respect instead of judging respect by how old the person is or how long they've been working there.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good wages, possibility of advancement, proper management
Cons
youre gonna be doing other peoples work for them, just remember which department you are in, because they and your supervisors should be the only ones you take orders from
Réussi, sa bien été. J'étais engager. 2 semaines de training c'est pas assez. Faut en faire plus. Tu est bien payer, mais tu devras travailler pour. On commence en bas et sa prend 4 ans avant d'avoir un bon salaire.Se lever a 2am, commencer a 4:30 am, faire l'inspection. Le camion est plein ta juste a le prendre. La routine après. Du travail et seulement sa.
Pros
Travail régulier
Cons
Pas de pause
The people I worked with were great......Good benefits, good people and free parking are some of the benefits of working for Sysco British Columbia.
Pros
Free parking
It's a good place to be and work. Professional and they know exactly what they are doing. If you are a hard worker with sustainable performance means a big room for improvement.
Horrible work environment, superiors treat you like your inferior and tend to degrade you behind your back, while the word travels. Management shows terrible example, breaking health and safety protocols, while writing us up for any type of suspections. Would never recommend this place as a job to anyone.
There is no job security at Sysco and no one is safe. It is about the bottom line, not people. Sooner or later (sooner), you will get axed! Consider yourself warned!
Pros
Food
Cons
All about the bottom line
I very much enjoyed working here. The union is very fair, but some people took advantage of that. You'll find that everywhere, however. The pay is very attractive, but you have to work for it, and if you're able to meet their ELS standards, you can make a lot of money.Moving into the office, you're no longer in the union, but your wage is more than adequate, and your benefits are the same. The RRSP and retirement packages are incredible.Management can be a little bit of an old boy's club, but if you can look past that, it's well worth it.
Pros
Free test kitchen lunches once a month, great pay, excellent benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, very tough physical work, lack of advancement
From all placed that I worked lately, best job I had. They actually give you training in safety, how to drive an endrider and forklift before you start your work. The pay was really good. Sysco Nasys got closed, but the other branch is still open.
Pros
Free pizza if we had a long week/hours of a job well done
Cons
some dispute with co workers that don't work very well with others
My experience at Sysco was very positive I learned a lot about how to operate a tractor trailer and that brought me further in my career as a truck driver.
Pros
Pays well good benefits
Cons
Stressful fast pace
Be aware as supervisors hide in parking lots and will follow you while your on your route. Makes you feel so unappreciated!!Very toxic environment over worked and under paid
Pros
Sample of product and discounts
Cons
Long hours, management definitely requires professionalism
good place to work, work is not easy and the hours are pretty long, but its all worth when you see the pay-check, I would recommend this if your hard worker and don't mind the hours like I said its worth it when you see your pay-check
Pros
Bonus incentive, pizza party once or twice a month, Pay!
Cons
a typical day at work:Expect to be carried and/or looked down upon by senior selectors until you manage to prove yourself to the top tier of laborers. There is an inevitable level of toxicity due to the bonus structure; the handful of speed-demon, hard-working, motivated selectors push themselves to the limit every night, ensuring the team is able to leave at a decent time, bearing the literal burden of their new and/or unmotivated counterparts.what you learned:Efficiency is everything, inside and outside of work.management:Very inadequate, non-understanding HR, focused on politics such as diversity and retention rate rather than filtering the revolving door of employees and keeping the ones that truly care. Day shift managers govern the night crew—without being able to physically be there at the same time, there will always be a disconnect between trust on a personal and professional level, paired with the yes-man type attitude consistent throughout management above supervisors.workplace culture:Sometimes toxic & cliquey. Typically everyone has a shared rage toward management and has no problem stating it among peers.the hardest part of the job:The job itself. You cannot do it forever. Far from worth spending your time there unless you are able to motivate yourself to make a bonus every week.the most enjoyable part of the job:Lots of time to think, listen to music & podcasts. The labourer crew is generally very welcoming and excited to work with new hires, but will expose flaws in coming weeks without holding any words back. Lots of "iron sharpens iron" vibes - more...
Pros
High paying job if you can efficiently make a bonus every week while avoiding injury.
Cons
Management, lack of opportunity to advance within the company, common overtime, working stat holidays, working nights.
The company is goal is to get you to be super-efficient in your role and then they teacher process to another person and let you go. This is the company vision to regionalizeworking in the warehouse under the union is a good opportunity but working in the office with no support is challenging
Pros
Free food, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, demanding work load, unrealistic expectations, lack of support from management, no in-house training
Promesses faites à l'entrevue et non tenues.Désintéressement de la part des Directeurs.Aucun suivi de satisfaction de la part des supérieurs.Aucun respect pour l'employé, nous sommes des numéros.
It’s a good place to work at. Lots of good people, lots of bad people. Money is good but it isn’t easy work. I found the job enjoyable and would only say if you want to work hard, you’d be fine here
I find that Sysco Nasys and the Union wasn't working peacefully and because of that it made awkward to work there, I got use to it, but I find that some of my ex coworkers use the Union to there advantage in a bad way and I had a hard time with that. Other than that, I managed, I tolerate it. So What I'm saying is, there was not much teamwork. I like to work in a environment where no one is trying to step on you for there own sake's.
Pros
Free pizza if we did some good work, when the time was really fast pasted
Cons
many call in sick, made longer hours
It was a good place to work. Co-workers were very collaborative. There were tea and coffee for everyone who wanted. There was enough food to go round almost every day.
Pros
Cons
Some days could be stressful
Long hours on the road, customer relations are very important Management was around when needed Fun environment and lots of great food Very demanding 6-7 days a week
  1. Employee reviews