Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
Night shift Always busy Learned how to work under tight schedules and deadlines The most enjoyable part was that I was always kept busy
I stuck there for 5 years for the money, no communication and favoritism infested work place. Fault free management. I saw 3 vp changes and 2 warehouse managers and no improvement.
i currently work as an order selector in the warehouse in halifax, the company talks about safety all the time and training seminars, but in the 6 months i've been there we only did 1 little short training session, and that was only because the system went down. The management does not care about they're employees at all. They only care if you get your numbers, if you dont then they will fire you. I started in september 2014 and since I've been there they have fired 5 people because of theyre numbers and 12 people that started after me quit because they couldnt hit they're numbers. Sysco does not give you a chance to advance at all, they tell you they will train you on the forklift but they never do, the only perk of the job was the paying of incentive, but they changed it so much in 6 months that i was making 400$ extra a week to now i'm lucky to make anything becayse they want you to pick faster, scan more product labels, and not have any short on trucks. All in all sysco halifax employees have referred to the job as a slave movement, management takes takes takes but does not give anything in return.
Pros
nothing anymore
Cons
management sucks more and more each day
Same work everyday. Learned pros and cons of unionized work culture. Head office issued new productivity plans are not suitable in common to all warehouses. Working in freezer for ninety cents more not worth damaging body. Week goes faster.
Pros
Fix schedule
Cons
transportation problem
Poor management, favoritism, little regard for customers or low end employees. Only concern seems to be about efficiency(numbers) & not the safety/ well being of the worker. Inadequate training with regard to operating systems. Unable to approach managers with safety concerns or job related issues. Unreasonable expectations in regard to work performance or ability. Unable to understand I.T. personnel who seem to lack the ability to speak the English language & offer little help/support. Warehouse too small to accommodate pallet jacks. Some aisles too narrow for safe fork lift operation. Cracks in warehouse floor & leaky roof are hazards for pedestrians, pallet jack & fork operators. If you're looking for stable, long term employment with little or no stress, then this is not the place for you!
Pros
good pay, benefits.
Cons
management, hours, job security.