Sysco
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

Sysco Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
employees are required to work mandatory overtime where they have no idea when their shift may end. (14 hour work days, 5 days a week during summer time) while working these hours if employees use any sick days and/or do not maintain a 95% rate of efficiency you are fired.
The pay is great but what you have to go through isn't worth it. A lot of kissing up to upper management,back stabbing,bullying and unrealistic work expectations make this a toxic enviroment. Avoid at all cost
Pros
Decent wage per hr
Cons
Pay scale is not bad, but not worth it when compared to the work they expect from you as a order selector. Just think of being at a war everyday go go go like a machine for numbers they want from you. They keep u part-time for about 3-4 years to get the best use of you moving hours and workdays here and there according to how much work they have and then consider you full time if u can last. Good luck man.
Pros
pay scale
Cons
hard, night job
One of the worst managed places I have worked at. The two main warehouse managers have zero respect for the hard working employees. Human resources is just as useless.
I worked here for a summer while i was going to school. I liked the longer shifts and how there was lots of hours available. It was fun driving the electric pallet jacks around when loading your skids of food and produce for the orders you got.
Pros
10 hr shifts, lots of hours
Cons
lots of bending over picking up heavy boxes
Sysco was a great place to work as a young individual such as myself. I immediately fit in with my colleagues as we were all young men able to have a good laugh yet all take our job seriously. If you don't mind working nights and doing a fairly repetitive job for good pay with an incentive bonus than this is the job for you.
Would recommend working here great pay and great people great shifts and caring and understanding managers. I was lucky to have been employed here as long a s I was
Pros
Benefits, wage, and the midnight shift
Cons
Some long nights
terrible night shift. team moral is usually pretty low.management requires you to pick the same amount of pieces each night. If youre having a slower night, they,ll assign you picks to bring your piece count up.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
night shift. Eating the same thing at each free lunch.
Nice and friendly work environment, chances to grow in the company, chances to work overtime and save money for investments or travelling. Also improves your work skills.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of overtime
Cons
Heavy standards
Start out on night shifts with a bunch of co workers whom you have to depend on and in turn depend on you as well. Must possess a keen eye for picking correct products whilst still meeting your mandatory quota.
Pros
Continental shifts
Cons
Long hours and not for everyone because of the night work.
not bad, management is great. Learned to work with rf scanners, training is great. Co-workers were good to work with. hardest part was being away most of the time from family during the days.
Not flexible Very long days and nights Incentives are hard to attain no support from management or human resources Friendly co workers and work well as a team
Cons
Supervisors were slack at there jobs didn't give care about u hire ex employee to train new one when he couldn't do the job saying it's easy when he would work on his breaks to get his numbers
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Working nights
Great pay with great benifits, overall good company and they have high expectations in a physically , performance based warehouse
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physically demanding
I was an order selector and lumper and they are both hard work type jobs for sure. The order selecting job was very hard on my body because of the constant heavy lifting at nights. My body just doesn't function well at night. But overall, Sysco is a great company to work for. The people there are fun to be around, it's a nice professional environment and the pay is prettt good.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Hard physical work
Was a physical lifting job. After sometime body gets use to that. Good place to work because of performance bonus. Supervisor were nice. Workout and work at the same time.
The typical day at work includes a pre-shift meeting with the management and supervisors to go over the daily safety topics and other issues in the business. Your shift starts out by doing a safety check on the equipment you are using to ensure proper policies are followed in order to prevent accidents or any unsafe conditions. A machine must be approved on all conditions before use. Once you are set up you get your first order and begin building up your skids. You can work in either Dry, Cooler or Freezer environments where you select cases in order to build skids for what each customer needs. Your progress is tracked based on your scanner and the time it takes you to complete an order and drop it off on the dock for shipping. Management provides good insight on what to do to ensure proper selection of cases and how to keep the customers happy by placing the boxes safely on the skid to avoid damage. All employees work together to ensure safety, using our truck's horn to signal properly and co-exist without crashing into each other or our surroundings. The hardest part of the job would be the physical strain it can put on your body. Lifting is very important in that you should use proper lifting technique to avoid soreness and/or injuries. Repetitive motion can wear you down so it is very important to take care of your body in order to do this job well. Recommended spending time at the gym, eating properly and getting enough rest. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your co-workers are very helpful and good people. They can easily become good friends - more...
Pros
Employee appreciation: Super Bowl extended lunch by 15 mins to enjoy the game, free Wings + Beverages for all employees
There very dedicated to there work. They know how to teach you will surely learn new things. Gain new strengths. Long hours but its worth it I couldn't have asked to work for a better company!
This company dosent care about you. They make up guidelines like saying you have to get 100% every week just to keep your job. To get 100% you have to hold in number 1 and number 2 also skip breaks if your lucky you will get 100 %. If for example you get 98 % then you will get a letter. I can bet that none of management could even come close to getting 100%. They are all talk no show. Also the company likes to hire new immigrants to use them as slaves because they know they will not get far within the company and as soon as your close to your probation ending they will fire you. Its not worth it most american companies don't care at all. So its up to you if you like to be the pawn lol. Also lots of favouritism if they dont like you they will give you orders so high in volume that its truly impossible to 100 % unless you want to be a old depressed handicapped old man.
Pros
free food
Cons
gives you free food to make you work harder
Night shift Always busy Learned how to work under tight schedules and deadlines The most enjoyable part was that I was always kept busy