Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews for Marketing Associate

Marketing Associate13 reviews
Canada13 reviews
Very informative and supportive administrative staff. Demands of the employment do not lend to work life balance. Too many requirements and quotas and KPI's that are unreasonable.
High pressure to sell, goals keep getting pushed higher and higher but is motivating for you to be your best self. Work/life balance is hard, not a 9-5 position.
Great place for advancement, lots of opportunity. Culture of a corporation, with many employees. 66 billion dollar company thats worldwide. Opportunity to transfer anywhere in North America and across seas.
Pros
Opportunity to transfer.
Cons
Largest food service provider in North America, expanding into Europe, Ireland, etc.

Provides all food service needs from open to close.

It was a great 15+ years, time for a change.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Sysco. They had an amazing training program as well as mentors who were invested in making the overall atmosphere of the company.
I am a current employee of just over 10 years. Sysco Calgary is an amazing place to work. Supportive managment, competitive pay, work life balance and ongoing training and development both personally and professionally. Pay wise you start with a good salary and make more money based on your growth. You get out what you put in. I work with clients everyday and their successes are mine as well. As I said, great people, great place, great pay.
Not to mention they have operating companies all over the world, so you can potentially go abroad and work for the same company. Lots of pros, not many cons..
Pros
Staff pricing on product, good pay, work life balance, supportive management. Endless opportunity.
Cons
There are times when the hours can be long but thats when you make more money!
Good people to work with but management doesn't treat everyone equally. Different deals for employees who have the same job title.
Pros
Good people, free food, good healthcare
Cons
Everyone not treated equally, vehicle expenses are not covered
Very much enjoy working here, being a great experience, flexible hours, not a 9 to 5 job. met some incredible people who will be life long friends. Middle management is difficult to deal with, because great MAs don't take the DSM job because quite often it's a pay cut to take a promotion.
Sysco drives their employees to succeed and share in their vision to support their customers success through continuous training, setting goals and working together with management to overcome challenges in day to day work. Customers in this industry can prove to be difficult to work with and Sysco provides the tools and support to help their employees meet and exceed customer expectations.
Pros
Competitive compensation, benefits
Cons
Challenging customers, weekend on call work
Working as a marketing associate with Sysco has been challenging and exciting. This is a 6or7 day a week job, with ever changing variables. My favorite part of this job is finding solutions or providing information to help my customer succeed. The hardest part of this job, is the the things I can't control such as volatile markets, and financial hardship of the client. In this position I have learned a great deal about the business and a lot about myself. Learning and exercising patience and understanding has helped me not only at my job but in my personal life as well.
Pros
set my own schedule
Cons
no days off
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sysco?
My daily responsibilities was insuring my accounts were taken care of and I was expanding my territory. I learned true customer service by insuring every issue and problem was my problem...if my customers had an issue, then it was my issue.
There was very little opportunity to move ahead. The last year was difficult with so much change. I had three bosses in the last year and very little support in the last 9 months.

The best part of the job is the thrill to help customers. I would enjoy that I helped them out of an emergency or help them with there long term growth.
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to work 6 days a week.
Really have to be motivated and manage your time properly. High expectations from Sysco on a daily basis. Great job for balancing life and work.
Pros
financial and time
Cons
stressful and unpredictable
This is a great job if you're new to sales and learning the business.

It is boring as heck if you just want to go out and make a decent living.
Pros
lots of samples, extensive training
Cons
long probationary period, mediocrity unintentionally encouraged