Sysco
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Sysco Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

It is a place where you have the opportunity as a driver to make a lot of money. You can be home with your family every night. But it is quite stressful and Sysco as a company doesnt care about you. The management does nothing to provide support. There is no driver appreciation.
It was a good place to work. Co-workers were very collaborative. There were tea and coffee for everyone who wanted. There was enough food to go round almost every day.
Pros
Cons
Some days could be stressful
If you are married with kids then do not apply. Sysco places money over family. You are working 7 days a week. Bringing your work to the cottage on the weekend is the norm. When you work hard to build an account and a great relationship with your customers. Sysco will take your account and turn them over to inside sales and you lose that profit. If you want to stay healthy then stay away. Your health will decline. Too many of my former associates are sick and miserable now. If
Silo driven culture with many competing requirements and senior management from each department will look internally and not focus on the big picture and what is best for the company in general
They don't care about people they just want you to work you like a dog and get stuff out the door. They hire new people every month because no one stays, or they don't meet their standards.
The job is fine. The pay is good. It is fast paced an stressful, lots of pressure. You don't really feel appreciated much, besides the good pay. Not a bad job.
Worked there for 3 years on the sales desk. Things were okay in the beginning until some of the core staff starting moving on to different departments, instead of filling their spots with reliable skilled individuals they either increased the course load on the rest of us by A LOT - suddenly we were doing tasks outside our job descriptions and doing the work of multiple people... or they would begin to hire people that didn't fit the job but rather just the "image" they were trying to achieve as a company - clearly skill set started to not matter. In result this created a high turnover rate near the end of my time there. The management started off being very hands on and always interacted with their staff in a friendly way - near the end of my time there it had completely changed to where managers were in their offices with the doors closed all day long no longer with smiles on their faces and cheery dispositions.. me and many other coworkers were convinced that this place was making us all miserable. Do not work here if you cannot handle high stress volumes - working with the food industry is very demanding even from just a "call center desk" you're expected to go above and beyond for your customers but get little to no recognition for it. BUT make one simple mistake (which you have to expect with human error and working under pressure) and suddenly you get a "strike" ....well 3 strikes you're out. I've seen it happen to a couple people over my time there. A distinct memory of mine that changed at how I looked at the company was when one of our full time employees - more...
Pros
free food, social events, vacation time
Cons
hours, stressful, no holidays off
Good company to work for. Work life balance is good. Management is reasonable. Job security is good. Regional office is small, so may not have a lot of room to move around.
overworked underpaid and underlooked trailers are dirty just not a fun place various racism problems aswell especially in warehouse I only recommend if you’re in need of a job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
was an early shift mostly 3am start times. meet lots of great people repetitive workout throughout the day. the hardest part of the job I would say is the really long days like 16 17+ hours and only getting a few hours of sleep for the next day. The most enjoyable part is just doing the job great people lots of exercise. plus I got to known the city really well.
Pros
free food from restraunts.
Cons
really long hours.
The pay is great but what you have to go through isn't worth it. A lot of kissing up to upper management,back stabbing,bullying and unrealistic work expectations make this a toxic enviroment. Avoid at all cost
Pros
Decent wage per hr
Cons
Very understanding Manager/Supervisor. A great group of people to work with. Feels like family. Our coworkers keep us coming back. Love the job :) SYSCO FOODS :)
Pros
free food at times :)
Cons
can be busy at times
Pay scale is not bad, but not worth it when compared to the work they expect from you as a order selector. Just think of being at a war everyday go go go like a machine for numbers they want from you. They keep u part-time for about 3-4 years to get the best use of you moving hours and workdays here and there according to how much work they have and then consider you full time if u can last. Good luck man.
Pros
pay scale
Cons
hard, night job
This place sucks the big one. They treat you like a machine because that’s what they want. They may pay well but good luck having a healthy body after working there. I’m telling all of you, if you can work elsewhere than do so, it’s not worth the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Nice and friendly work environment, chances to grow in the company, chances to work overtime and save money for investments or travelling. Also improves your work skills.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of overtime
Cons
Heavy standards
it's really fun place to work, staff is really helpful and bondable. averaging good hours on daily work week. it feels safe to work with this company.
not bad, management is great. Learned to work with rf scanners, training is great. Co-workers were good to work with. hardest part was being away most of the time from family during the days.
Supervisors were slack at there jobs didn't give care about u hire ex employee to train new one when he couldn't do the job saying it's easy when he would work on his breaks to get his numbers
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Working nights
Working here can be fun, everyone is supportive of each other. Expectations for performance is high and environment supports success. Great and friendly managers.
dont work for sysco winnipeg, management will never listen to your problem and will always say do more do more, even if that means driving trailer with air leak, or full loaded to back of trailer and you have to unload and deliver that trailer by standing at 3 inch wide lip. and do not be a broker there, that ll be your life's biggest mistake, including myself 5 brokers are gone.
Pros
Cons
long list
typical day at work just continues order pick ups ,i learned to be totally organized, mangement wise is pretty fair, my co-workers are awesome, difficult part of the job is when we get difficult orders with lots of quantity like about 50 or more of the same product with the weight of 50pnds and you have to do it in like 2-5 mins.the most enjoyable is when work is done.
Pros
good environment
Cons
heavy job