Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews in Victoria, BC

Unfortunately the site is driven by ego, intimidation and fear. Managers are not leaders and vision is limited to quarterly financial reporting. Poor fiscal performance and lack of leadership mean seriously job security
Pros
Wages
Cons
People
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to drive and deliver safely within the Victoria district. This is an important aspect of the industry, but not the most important. Customer service was 1 of the most important factors working at Sysco. As a driver you are the face of the company and dealing with all requests or issues relating to the delivery is a learned trait. The company had a lot of great people to work, and train with making learning the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Regular changes of management
Sysco gave me all the skills required to succeed in the food industry. I am the delivery rep i am today , because of Sysco The company is managed properly at present in all fairness
Pros
Free company food
Cons
random split shifts and work days
It's an ok place to work. Unfortunately, like a lot of big corporations, they care more about the bottom line than their employees. Very long hours. .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours. Bad equipment.
I was a delivery associate out of Victoria for 5 years. Had lots of great customers and the pay cheque never bounced. That being said I had 7 supervisors in 5 years and only one of them is still with the company. The others either were let go by the company or else saw their demise in the future and left for the competition. There was a recent cull of management and supervisors, as well as another this week. Management will not listen to your complaints about the warehouse and their lacklustre effort, and will only demand more out of you so they don’t get their jobs axed. I’d avoid this place like the plague it is.
Pros
Cheque never bounced
Cons
Management does not exist and you will be worked until you are crippled
Sysco was a great place to work as a young individual such as myself. I immediately fit in with my colleagues as we were all young men able to have a good laugh yet all take our job seriously. If you don't mind working nights and doing a fairly repetitive job for good pay with an incentive bonus than this is the job for you.
Night Shift Associates are schedule 6:30PM-3:00AM, there is potential for overtime, however you are more likely to get off a couple hours early. The management enforces a safe workplace while still sending out product at a very fast rate, you will receive all the training you need to succeed. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive labour, but overtime you notice it less and less, it also happens to be the most enjoyable part of the job, forcing you to exercise in a sense. You will learn time management, safe lifting, ethics, food safety, WHIMIS, and it may even drive you to think about how you can complete other tasks in a more efficient manner. This is a great job, great perks and benefits, this position is for those who can put their head down and work.
Pros
Benefits, Pension, sometimes free food, "forced exercise"
Cons
Non-stop physical, repetitive, Late shift time
The job was easy to find and to apply for online. Wage was very generous and benefits were the most extensive I had, had at any work place. Training was a huge focus and expectations reflected that. Overall it was an excellent choice in my career.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Wage
Cons
Sub Par Coffee
Lots of hours. sometimes over worked. People who loaded trucks did not do their jobs correcty resulting in damaged product being delivered to customers.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
hard on the body, constant rushing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sysco?