Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

They just need to let go of the people who do basically nothing at all, and treat the people who do just about everything including other workers jobs with a little more respect instead of judging respect by how old the person is or how long they've been working there.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good wages, possibility of advancement, proper management
Cons
youre gonna be doing other peoples work for them, just remember which department you are in, because they and your supervisors should be the only ones you take orders from
It's a good place to be and work. Professional and they know exactly what they are doing. If you are a hard worker with sustainable performance means a big room for improvement.
It’s a good place to work at. Lots of good people, lots of bad people. Money is good but it isn’t easy work. I found the job enjoyable and would only say if you want to work hard, you’d be fine here
-Under representation of female and minority leaders. -Unprofessional manner in laying off/terminating employees. -"Old boys club" is apparent and strongly entrenched through management from the director level up. -Will force and push employees to be overworked and expected to work 12 hour days as the norm.
Pros
Great staff and people. Pay is great but the benefits are sub par.
Cons
Poor management, and top down dictatorship leadership style.
Currently laid off due to the ongoing pandemic but overall it can be said that it's a great company to work with,flexible hours and good salary, also good hours available
Pros
Good salary
Soft Management as a whole, with the resulting work environment being more and more difficult. Great people and co-workers, but the 12 to 14 hours a day work schedule is demeaning.
No work life balance, unrealistic goals & targets. pay not good compare to industry average. poor management style , no room for advancement. NEVER included with your job applications
Pros
Cons
long hours with out adequate pay
Is a extremely large company, you are one more number, you are nothing, they only give opportunities for Canadian (white), you don't have future, only use all you life and they will be millionaire and you are nothing
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
98 % of all
I like many aspects of this job, although I feel upper management and the corporate culture behind them is way behind the times and very unmotivating.
Learnt a lot around how to manage expectations, but the workplace overall is toxic, too many associates that are not capable of doing the job, so you end up picking slack for others.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sysco?
Very disappointed with this Company. I had only 40 hrs left from my probation period and they dismissed me. They have just used me for 5 months and as soon as the business started getting slow they started getting rid of new people who are not unionized. Be careful guys before you start working with them this place is full of politics and back stabbing. Very hard work and you get all garbage deliveries for couple of years. It is based on seniority and they have many old people who been working from last 10 years or so. All downtown calls are downstairs or upstairs which drained out all the energy. I would recommend that get incorporated and work for your own business. I only like about this job is my co- workers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
great company, great working hours, good communication with employees, good environment to work safe company did provide me with everything that I need to performed my job properly
Pros
empoyeed apreciation day on summer
Cons
to many changes on managment
Its a good company to work for with good work/life balance. Salary and benefits are market averages or under. Opportunity to grow is not prominent but management is good.
Sysco is a well establish industry, that supplies food to a wide range of restaurants and other small businesses. I enjoy working as part of Sysco multicultural team.
Go to the race track, fiddle with race cars and hang out with similarly minded people all day. Sign me up. Time of my life was here.
This has been a great company to work for, great people, great management. Competitive wages. I thoroughly enjoy working here at Sysco
- 7-4 - Product knowledge learning opportunities - knowledgeable employees - fast pace - Team culture - modern food safe facility
Worked as a summer student under the heading warehouse clerk and auditor. When I got to know everyone it was a fun and rewarding place to work. There is a sense of community among the workers and people tend to allow newcomers.
Pros
Good pay, feeling of a team
Cons
Can't think of anything negative. Really good place to work. They take care of their employees. They promote within. Lots of family events.
Market leader great training on the job freedom great working with clients great co-workers
The company believes in investing in their employees to help build a stronger team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the hourly employees hands on.