Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews in Port Coquitlam, BC

You get treated like family, Built a lot of great relationships. With that said they could really use an overall improvement of the way they organize them selves and the way they use technology to improve their business
Very difficult work, very physically demanding, you start off as part time basically you have to earn your stripes from management to qualify for full time , for a place like that should be union, but work you are always watched when you enter the building, they know each move you make, your break time for lunch is cut too 18 mins from parking your pallet jack and taking off your gear, The days off basically is work 3 days have a day off than come back than 2 days off, and you start off in graveyards.
I worked for sysco 17 years Starting in the warehouse as an order selector then moved on to driving a tractor trailer unit doing local deliveries. Top notch outfit from management to all levels. Great pay benefits, and hours of work 4 on 3 off. If anything needed repaired it was taken care of. Penske took care of the fleet new equipment all the time
From management to workers who have been there for forever the people suck. Management has no idea what is going on in the office. Women who gossip constantly.
Pros
free food
Business to business sales of food service products outside sales, lots of driving around high expenses for phone, internet and gas but can be tax deductible face to face customer interaction some cold calling required to grow sales
Great job if you want to keep in shape without going to the gym. (known as "industrial athletes") Job requires that you have excellent class 1 driving skills and efficient customer service. Excellent pay scale as well as comprehensive benefits.
Pros
Great exercise and lots of OT pay
Cons
Stressful job with long hours
Due to contract with regards to information with regards to the company I am not willing to submit a review of the company at this time. Thank you for understanding.
I appreciate the co worker and management at Sysco Vancouver. They helped me in gaining more skill, executing the job smartly and fast. It was a night time shift so the only difficulty was changing your normal day scheduling to night. Besides that good place to work and really great staff who assisted me in my progress there.
I was an order selector and lumper and they are both hard work type jobs for sure. The order selecting job was very hard on my body because of the constant heavy lifting at nights. My body just doesn't function well at night. But overall, Sysco is a great company to work for. The people there are fun to be around, it's a nice professional environment and the pay is prettt good.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Hard physical work
would recommend this work place,people were very nice and so was the work environment, but some cons are that bu there is a lot of people working so it could get a little over whelming.
Great people, reasonable pay and benefits, capable and friendly management, great hours MON.-FRI 8am-4pm Salary, accesible and personable upper management including the President of this particular OPCO
Pros
free bbq's, other related contest based perks
Great teamwork and communication documented at this establishment. It has been a pleasure to work with such a diverse group of people.
Typical day of work would start by checking my emails and voicemails and seeing what had to be dealt with in that day. Invoicing, Processing PO, running statements, running reports, collection calls, data entry, Credit applications.My management and co workers were so amazing the company was full of great people and we were all really good friends,Hardest part of the job was when the person on the other end of the phone may be yelling at you, stressful at times but i dealt with it properly and everything worked out fine.I loved making friends with all my customers, buliding relationships with all of them.I love working in accounting and in a office setting, i am very organizwd, happy, friendly and hardworkingI just love going to work everyday.
Pros
great christmas bonus, hockey tickets and lunches
Cons
some people were treated diffrently then others, not always
  1. Port Coquitlam, BC