Here to help
Information from Sysco:
Sysco Employee Reviews in Lakeside, NS
Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,153 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
Only good part was the pay was decent but that's just because of the high turnover rate. Managers are horrible. I've never had such bad leaders in my life. I would get thrown from nights to days in an effort to fix other staff issues. Half the people dont speak English at all so theres no room for communication and everyone constantly is all for themselves and never helps anyone no matter how horrible things get. Their drivers dont even know procedures. Dont even get me started on rules and policies are not good either. If you want to be video taped constantly and have people chew you out and not be able to defend yourself this is the place for you !!!
In all honesty this branch of Sysco has been heading downhill for years, and isn't getting better anytime soon. They're bonus program can only be a achieved by working unsafe and putting your body and others at risk of injury. Coming in the door at this branch you'll be lucky to get 30 hours a week because they over staff to prevent anyone from getting full time. They've lost so much business they're one big customer away from closing the branch it seems like. Orders are maxed to the roof of trucks most nights to save money so they don't have to hire drivers, times are absolutely ridiculous to complete the orders. Working nights is already bad enough, but it's made even worse there. Supporting roles and supervisors do what they can but are so over worked I'm amazed they haven't quit themselves. When someone from management finally makes an appearance on nights for the most part you can see in their faces how little they care or want to be there. Honestly there's better jobs out there, pass on this place.
Hourly rate but scarce hours
Honestly everything else
Very hard work, lots of lifting, early morning start, high stress. Equipment breakdowns frequent, management not easy to work with, hard to get time off.
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 4,153 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Sysco
- What is Sysco sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?6 people answered
- What are the working hours at Sysco?6 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Sysco? What are the steps along the way?5 people answered
- What are the shift hours?4 people answered
- If you were to leave Sysco, what would be the reason?4 people answered
- Does Sysco require background check?4 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Sysco Victoria?4 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Sysco?3 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Sysco a better place to work?3 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Sysco?3 people answered
See all questions and answers
Sysco Reviews by Location