Sysco
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Sysco Employee Reviews in Acheson, AB

The work was hard physically, and the atmosphere in the warehouse was draining, however the hourly wage made up for the exhausting labour. Also, the scheduling for part-time workers benefited me as it was spread nicely throughout the week.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Sysco is an amazing company to work for, and I recommend it to everyone.The work-life balance is perfect for full-timers as you only work 4 10 hour shifts, which leaves you with 3 days off per week. It is also great for part-timers as they will work around your schedule and are very flexible. There is a good amount of vacation days, sick days, and family days you can take your first few years, and the amount you get increases the longer you work there.The pay is very good for a warehouse position - possibly one of the best in the industry - and there is plenty of optional overtime each week.The management is great, and full of wonderful people with friendly personalities. They will take the time to get to know every employee by name and interests.Although everyone works independently, most people are friendly with eachother and are willing to help out. There is a lot of diversity here in terms of culture. However, there are very few female associates.The hardest part of the job is of course hitting the daily quotas. However, it is definitely very doable. You are given a long probation period before you are required to hit the quotas, so really it is not an issue.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is not having to deal with customers or micromanagers. It is very independent, which is great for introverts.
Pros
4 day work week, benefits, very flexible for part-timers, incentive pay, union
Cons
Mostly male associates
I started working at Sysco as a garbage picker. Until a job posting came-up as a order picker and I got the. Management are very accommodating with ideas and suggestion especially with work ethic.
Sysco was one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. The training is absolute garbage. The trainer talked more about himself than how to do the job.They train you how to run a power jack, which pallets to put your product on, but not how to stack your pallets which is the most important part of the job. The time quotas are nearly impossible for new employees to meet. I was fired at 4 months even though I asked numerous times for extra help because I was having a hard time and was told not to worry about my job and then got fired the same day. stay away the money isn’t worth it you have to work every stat holiday and work afternoons so if you have a family it’s very hard . new new employee meet
Was a great company to work for things changed with budgets and the economy Got told they were letting go upper management and we had nothing to worry about our jobs were secured. Come into work with HR at my desk my manager didn't even know they were letting me go as in laid off. I asked to go to my desk to collect my personal belongings was told no and I wasn't allowed to say good bye to anyone. I would not recommend Sysco.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Worked overtime didnt get paid for it
Management is supportive. Overall culture is very supportive with lots of benefits. Good pay but hard work. Supervisors are overloaded with work and duties.
Pros
new building with all the amenities
Cons
Supervisors are overloaded with duties
Only Looking for a different work for 1 reason my first child is on the way.I really like working here because i get to come home ever night and the guys are easy going,but soon it will only be myself working and i will not be able to cover all the bills with this job.job. I'm not getting full work weeks,and really need the money
coworkers are the best I have ever had the privilege to work with, very fast paced days, stress level at times can be high, management needs to be more in tune with the employees and more familiar with the job expectations as well as more supportive, work load is heavy.
Pros
employees perks, buying things at cost
Cons
workload, raises, management