Sysco

Canada422 reviews

Found 422 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,079 reviews
warehouseunionizednightdriverphysicallyorderfoodtrailer

It is good

It was friendly environment and it was cold space some time was boring I'm education there for some reason it was difficult for this experience I wish find better job.

9 May 2022
We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your career with us.

Quite possibly the most disorganized and incompetent workplace I've ever been a part of

I worked at Sysco because the starting pay was a decent jump from my dead-end retail job, but my 14 months there were nothing short of unpleasant. Management does absolutely nothing about massive safety concerns, and effectively punishes the hard workers by letting lazy people get away with being lazy, and expecting the more honest workers to pull the extra weight. You'll be more valued at Walmart or Amazon even then you would be at Sysco.

27 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Insights into Sysco

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Don't work here.

Supervisors and Managers don't care about your concerns or questions. They don't train you enough for this job.You only get 3 days of training, then you are on your own.Other coworkers don't care if you have any questions, everyone is always busy there so they won't care about your questions/concerns. Shifts are very exhausting, you will always feel tired after you're done your shift.Your feet will be in a lot of pain after your shift ends.They use you all the time.They watch you on their cameras throughout your whole shift.This job is very exhausting by all means. They make you work for them like a slave, you can't even use a washroom unless you're on your break.If they switch you to work in a freezer/cooler during your shift - you only have 5 minutes to change.Working in the freezer is a total nightmare. You will always be timed there.All the time.If you mess up - they can let you go right away.Pay and benefits are good but its not worth to work there.I'd never recommend working there.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Everything.

28 June 2022

Great Culture - Lots of Opportunities

Great work culture and lots of opportunities for movement within the company, whether you want to move up or lateral. Fast paced, but rewarding. Management has genuine care for its employees.

27 June 2022
Thank you for leaving a review! At Sysco, our goal is to support and sustain an inclusive work environment that engages and enables a diverse workforce. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

Good job

You have to have a good work ethic, it’s tough at times but the management is amazing here. So supportive and understanding. They really help you succeed.

13 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

Terrible place to work

Sysco moncton was a good place to work but then turned for the worst when new management came in. They did not follow union rules at all, treated you as a number rather than a person and just overall poorly managed. The place became toxic, no respect for the back breaking work that order pickers do especially for how the place is poorly slotted, current training is an absolute joke, and new hires were not taught common sense and importance of safety. Equipment from end riders, scanners, printers, to forklifts are complete junk and never work properly. You cant even get your proper scan percentage management constantly pushes for because barcodes and scanners dont work. They dont listen to employee concerns and brushes them off, mandatory overtime was a thing there but became very abused, you could always be over 100% picking rate every night and still have to stay overtime, ive seen injuries happen to others and most of the time cause of injury is cause by improper slotting of product which is never fixed. You could be the loyalist, efficient proper worker there and not be respected, there are employees that operate a forklift and are not even forklift certified. Gossip and constant negativity plagued the place, employee overall happiness was an all time low. Dont even get me started about how unsafe the freezer is there constantly having to pick empty pallets our from racking over your head to get product. It is not worth the money for the unsafe work and toxicity, do yourself a favor and work elsewhere where you're actually valued and respected.

8 June 2022

management not trustworthy

Management for the most part have never been in the role of buyer. Those who have had the role, it was so long ago that everything had changed. No system of appreciation through merit. All levels of management like the 'kiss up' employee.'

1 June 2022
We appreciate your feedback. Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

Sysco needs improvement

For this high level of skill the pay is below average. Sysco excepts you learn quickly, sometimes on the fly, and the training does not cover all tasks. Manager can be toxic and uses a backhanded approach towards me. Customers can be disorganized plus demanding and they will waste your time and frustrate you. Customers can be very impatient with their delivery and will phone service if the truck is running a little late. Customers know how to take advantage of Sysco for credits. I did not appreciate the conduct of my supervisor whom compares employees to you in backhanded and toxic way. My Manager does not resolve any of my concerns and is a big faultfinder of people. I would strongly advise to stay away from this company!

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Demanding customers who do not provide you with the information to complete

24 May 2022

Great culture, great people, average salary

The company has really great culture. Coworkers are very nice, a lot of company-wide activities, everyone is very co-operative. Salary is below average if you are not in management, but once you start climbing, it scales pretty nicely. They believe they are changing, but still very old fashioned and conservative due to the industry they are in. Overall, I recommend this place. Lots of growth opportunities if you are willing to take.

5 May 2022

Stay away.

Excellent place to work if you want to end up crippled or with a heart attack.Useless supervisors.Unprofessional management.Zero work-life balance.

Pros

Good pay.

2 May 2022

Positive team environment

Expectations incredibly high within very short time frame but amazing benefits and potential for very high hourly rate based on good basic and bonuses. Not enough support on tips and advice on how to achieve standards expected

Pros

Benefits hourly rate and team spirit to help others

Cons

Extremely high expectations with insufficient feedback on what expectations are and how to achieve

14 March 2022
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Its a demand job that will push you the pay is below average.

Sysco demands that you learn multiple systems and complete continuous learning in a short period of time. After training you have to complete a 30 day assessment, a 60 day assessment, and a 90 day assessment. 18 per hour is below average amount of pay for a demanding frustrating job. Sysco sometimes acts in bad faith they promised employees a 500 dollar one time pay increase and 4 months later no sign of that money as part of their work from remote program. Customers are very demanding you will have the same customer emailing you 10-12+ times per day or 40-50 emails a week demanding this and that. Managers can be faultfinders and judgmental. Employee turnover has been showing and employment offers sent to possible new employees have been rejected.

Pros

You can work from home.

Cons

Unprofessional and rude customers, demanding job, pay is below average. Sysco's systems and platforms are numerous and frustrating and inconsistent.

7 February 2022

Good money but hard work!

Not much could say, you get paid for what you do; fair money. It’s a good place to work if you want to be home every night, especially for those who got children!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Bad equipments

4 February 2022
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

hard working all the time

always hard working, heavy products. good place for over time shift, make more money. working 4 days a week, having lots of time day off. driving downtown all time.

27 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate all of the time and energy our associates put into working for Sysco, and we take your feedback seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to leadership so that your specific concerns could be addressed.

Absolutely stressful and terrible to people. Fear driven. You are just a number

Absolutely stressful and terrible to people. Fear driven. You are just a number. They keep track of everything you do and keep your life boring. 10-14 hour shifts, getting overweight despite hard work due to the BS culture.

18 January 2022

Great place to work.

If you don't mind hard work and want to make 80k your first year then this is the place for you. Selectors only have a four day work week which is an added bonus!

Pros

Endless perks.

Cons

Very physically demanding.

13 January 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. Keep up the good work!

Work here if you want to feel like a number

This place treats you like a number. You can work hard do your job and get looked over by people that kiss the back side of managementYou can make good money but I feels like you need to sell your soul to make it.

Pros

Co workers

5 January 2022
Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Very professional and hardworking management. Understanding and caring culture. Fast paced but manageable. Easy to learn. Good training and easy to get grip quickly

28 December 2021

Fast paced and ever evolving

Great culture, great people, ever evolving, fast paced environment, great leadership, positive environment, great perks, high expectations, often heavy workload.

Pros

Great people

Cons

High expectations, low work/life balance

6 December 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.

Demanding job Management expects a lot -- noticeable turnover

Sysco demands you to learn multiple systems and learn a lot of policies in a short amount of time. Some customers are nice on the phone and some customers have a very short temper. 18 per hour while having to pay for expensive internet and requiring a high level of skills is not the most competitive pay. Employee turnover is increasing at Sysco. You can get stressed out when you do not know how to handle a situation due to poor training. Its harder to learn while working from home. Customers email or phone you to do a task for them and they fail to provide you with their account number. Yes, its a frustrating job.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Demanding customers who do not provide you with the information to complete

29 November 2021

Great corporation, terrible managerial structure.

Sysco as a whole is a terrific company to be employed for. The vision, the products and the attitude they present you with is very professional, set out with positive goals in mind to be a professional employer and business provider. Unfortunately, with the Halifax location, this is definitely not the case. I personally believe that the company has a positive vision, created with that goal in mind. My other personal belief is individuals whom are hired to run said facilities are unfortunately destroying the companies reputation, and creating absolutely terrible morale for the staff, which creates problematic individuals that lose the ability to care about work quality which in turn affects the customer at the end of the process. Warehousing staff and transportation staff have been stretched extremely thin, throughout COVID-19 and even before that. There is always new goals to achieve, which are becoming much more difficult. Both departments have great assets on each team, but are unfortunately always looked past. Favouritism is very rampant throughout the Halifax location, anyone who goes above and beyond working safely is treated like gold, while others are targeted based on corporate goals. Recently they have added new management from all levels into the Halifax OPCO, which raises a lot of questions due to the fact that one individual definitely does not pull their own weight, creates more meaningless tasks for the warehouse staff to achieve and creates immature attitudes amongst their staff with baseless comments about others. Being targeted for any reason is the biggest -

Pros

Financial, Hours

Cons

Long hours, management, negativity

24 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement