Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

Salespersons job to A) increase margin B) win new business and C) be business partners most trusted partner.Arbitrary price increases to loyal customers - put the salesperson in a position to be dishonest. When customer leaves due to inconsistent pricing- it is the salespersons job to go re-secure that business- regardless of the margin. So, we see what price we can get away with, then put our tails between our legs and go revisit with better pricing when we get too greedy, Very cyclical and NOT trustworthy practices
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.
In terms of wages, it is very fair based on work output. The job has autonomy no micromanagement. Somewhat repetitive but you know what is expected of you.
Pros
Incentive bonus
18 June 2021
Thank you for your positive review! Happy to hear you are enjoying your time spent at Sysco.
Sysco is an amazing company to work for, and I recommend it to everyone.The work-life balance is perfect for full-timers as you only work 4 10 hour shifts, which leaves you with 3 days off per week. It is also great for part-timers as they will work around your schedule and are very flexible. There is a good amount of vacation days, sick days, and family days you can take your first few years, and the amount you get increases the longer you work there.The pay is very good for a warehouse position - possibly one of the best in the industry - and there is plenty of optional overtime each week.The management is great, and full of wonderful people with friendly personalities. They will take the time to get to know every employee by name and interests.Although everyone works independently, most people are friendly with eachother and are willing to help out. There is a lot of diversity here in terms of culture. However, there are very few female associates.The hardest part of the job is of course hitting the daily quotas. However, it is definitely very doable. You are given a long probation period before you are required to hit the quotas, so really it is not an issue.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is not having to deal with customers or micromanagers. It is very independent, which is great for introverts.
Pros
4 day work week, benefits, very flexible for part-timers, incentive pay, union
Cons
Mostly male associates
1 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
11 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
Chaos confusion and extreme disorganization from top all the way to the bottom. As a driver expect a 4 am to 6pm day bonuses taken away for no apparent reason, whoever designed the manner in which the warehouse loads the products onto skids needs to seriously get out of the office and get on a truck and tell me that its an efficient way to do things. Was there for 5 years and there should be a revolving door put in the front with amount of overturn, upper management changes so often. Sysco had ZERO regard for the guy/gals who deliver the product. If you are not one of the favourites than learn to deal with it or move on. Morning supervisor is a backstabbing two faced liar who tells your personal business to other people and will say bad things about you if you decide to call in sick.. very toxic workplace save yourself the headache and work elsewhere, only good thing about this place is the pay and thats it. I have heard many ideas brought up only to be told that ‘its just the way it is ‘ or shot down all together. Its an extremely terrible place morale wise to work was there for 5 years never seen a boss or anyone higher up than my supervisor who was a former driver. No clue who runs this place. MANY good drivers have came and gone due the simple way you load your products Smarten up sysco like come on!
Pros
Pay
Cons
The amount of digging you have to do to find product on your pallets
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
Management needs to be changed to succeed further down the road. I think we have more potential to succeed if we get the right people in the management role.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor management
11 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.
Je arrĂȘte de travail pour sysco raison personnel dans le Passe, maintenant je retournerai Aujourd’hui
Pros
Salaire conditions
Cons
Changer Ă©quipement
21 April 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.
Good place to work, decent salary, optional over time, paid lunch, management is pretty understandable and chill. Job is pretty hectic, had to hit a “percentage” per day and pick up to 1500 cases per day. Isle were pretty busy after 4pm so lots of waiting to get orders done and orders can be behind
Pros
Free lunch, night shift premium, paid lunch, good pay
Cons
Working in freezer, hard to hit daily percentage
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
They just need to let go of the people who do basically nothing at all, and treat the people who do just about everything including other workers jobs with a little more respect instead of judging respect by how old the person is or how long they've been working there.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, good wages, possibility of advancement, proper management
Cons
youre gonna be doing other peoples work for them, just remember which department you are in, because they and your supervisors should be the only ones you take orders from
Réussi, sa bien été. J'étais engager. 2 semaines de training c'est pas assez. Faut en faire plus. Tu est bien payer, mais tu devras travailler pour. On commence en bas et sa prend 4 ans avant d'avoir un bon salaire.Se lever a 2am, commencer a 4:30 am, faire l'inspection. Le camion est plein ta juste a le prendre. La routine aprÚs. Du travail et seulement sa.
Pros
Travail régulier
Cons
Pas de pause
The people I worked with were great......Good benefits, good people and free parking are some of the benefits of working for Sysco British Columbia.
Pros
Free parking
It's a good place to be and work. Professional and they know exactly what they are doing. If you are a hard worker with sustainable performance means a big room for improvement.
Horrible work environment, superiors treat you like your inferior and tend to degrade you behind your back, while the word travels. Management shows terrible example, breaking health and safety protocols, while writing us up for any type of suspections. Would never recommend this place as a job to anyone.
There is no job security at Sysco and no one is safe. It is about the bottom line, not people. Sooner or later (sooner), you will get axed! Consider yourself warned!
Pros
Food
Cons
All about the bottom line
I very much enjoyed working here. The union is very fair, but some people took advantage of that. You'll find that everywhere, however. The pay is very attractive, but you have to work for it, and if you're able to meet their ELS standards, you can make a lot of money.Moving into the office, you're no longer in the union, but your wage is more than adequate, and your benefits are the same. The RRSP and retirement packages are incredible.Management can be a little bit of an old boy's club, but if you can look past that, it's well worth it.
Pros
Free test kitchen lunches once a month, great pay, excellent benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, very tough physical work, lack of advancement
From all placed that I worked lately, best job I had. They actually give you training in safety, how to drive an endrider and forklift before you start your work. The pay was really good. Sysco Nasys got closed, but the other branch is still open.
Pros
Free pizza if we had a long week/hours of a job well done
Cons
some dispute with co workers that don't work very well with others
My experience at Sysco was very positive I learned a lot about how to operate a tractor trailer and that brought me further in my career as a truck driver.
Pros
Pays well good benefits
Cons
Stressful fast pace
Be aware as supervisors hide in parking lots and will follow you while your on your route. Makes you feel so unappreciated!!Very toxic environment over worked and under paid
Pros
Sample of product and discounts
Cons
Long hours, management definitely requires professionalism
good place to work, work is not easy and the hours are pretty long, but its all worth when you see the pay-check, I would recommend this if your hard worker and don't mind the hours like I said its worth it when you see your pay-check
Pros
Bonus incentive, pizza party once or twice a month, Pay!
Cons
a typical day at work:Expect to be carried and/or looked down upon by senior selectors until you manage to prove yourself to the top tier of laborers. There is an inevitable level of toxicity due to the bonus structure; the handful of speed-demon, hard-working, motivated selectors push themselves to the limit every night, ensuring the team is able to leave at a decent time, bearing the literal burden of their new and/or unmotivated counterparts.what you learned:Efficiency is everything, inside and outside of work.management:Very inadequate, non-understanding HR, focused on politics such as diversity and retention rate rather than filtering the revolving door of employees and keeping the ones that truly care. Day shift managers govern the night crew—without being able to physically be there at the same time, there will always be a disconnect between trust on a personal and professional level, paired with the yes-man type attitude consistent throughout management above supervisors.workplace culture:Sometimes toxic & cliquey. Typically everyone has a shared rage toward management and has no problem stating it among peers.the hardest part of the job:The job itself. You cannot do it forever. Far from worth spending your time there unless you are able to motivate yourself to make a bonus every week.the most enjoyable part of the job:Lots of time to think, listen to music & podcasts. The labourer crew is generally very welcoming and excited to work with new hires, but will expose flaws in coming weeks without holding any words back. Lots of "iron sharpens iron" vibes - more...
Pros
High paying job if you can efficiently make a bonus every week while avoiding injury.
Cons
Management, lack of opportunity to advance within the company, common overtime, working stat holidays, working nights.
  1. Employee reviews