Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,411 reviews
Salespersons job to A) increase margin B) win new business and C) be business partners most trusted partner.Arbitrary price increases to loyal customers - put the salesperson in a position to be dishonest. When customer leaves due to inconsistent pricing- it is the salespersons job to go re-secure that business- regardless of the margin. So, we see what price we can get away with, then put our tails between our legs and go revisit with better pricing when we get too greedy, Very cyclical and NOT trustworthy practices
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.
A very fun place to work and really enjoyed the coworkers who I worked alongside. The District Manager was really a believer in work-life-balance. You really felt a part of the family of Sysco.
Pros
Typically you get Saturdays and Sundays off.
Cons
Too much busy work, corporate pushes unnecessary products, bonuses are hard to come by, and too many meetings.
Pay is good but your will earn every penny and have zero life outside of work. Sunday is the only guaranteed day you will have off. You will just be a number here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Just a number, no home life
Job was very active which I liked and co-workers made me feel like family and it was great pay The only thing that I didn't like was third shift because you had no time for sleep or other things for your life very great if you need the money but if you have kids or other responsibilities maybe not
Pros
Free food occasionally, you get paid as hard as you work
Cons
Hours
Good pay and benefits. Great management. Strict company policies amd you will be let go if you don't strictly abide by them. Enjoyable job that is hard physical work, but keeps you in great shape. You are well compensated and get to go home every day and have every weekend off.
Pros
Pay, benefits, management
Cons
Strict policies that threaten your job security
Working 5 12 hour days and 8 every other Saturday then went to back to back Saturdays,definitely not worth the pay and the incentive is set up to you can't reach it....nobody stays there.....best thing I did was leave....they lie about the hours and pay when they advertise!
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
No family life
When it comes right down to it the only thing Sysco cares about is the bottom line. They'll say that they care about safety but the only time you see the safety manager is when there is an accident or its time for us to sign off on the annual safety sheets where there is zero training and they just have you sign the forms. They'll tell you they care about the customer but they are always short staffed so the trucks leave late which causes extremely late deliveries. You never know if you're working 8 hours or 14 hours so you better not have a family that is expecting you to have time for them. The only good thing is the pay and incentive but it's still not worth the physical toll your body will go through and the stress this job puts on your personal life. Even employees that have dedicated many many years to the company will get tossed aside and let go if they need to take time off work for personal reasons. They just don't care....
Pros
Pay incentives
Cons
Long hours, safety is a joke, physically demanding, too much turnover, poor management
The position of a Sales Consultant (formerly a Marketing Associate) is virtually non-stop for at least 6 days-a-week. We have to do everything from prospecting to setting up new accounts to handling all the issues for existing customers. You need to interact with several departments on a daily basis and you have to handle every issue that comes along. Late deliveries, out-of-stocks, pricing problems, credit and collections, menu design, marketing - you are responsible for all of these things for your customers and are held accountable for virtually every issue. As an SC for Sysco on the front lines you will be challenged, you will be busy, and you will need to wear many different hats. There is no amount of training that can really prepare someone for this position. You just have to grind through it all and learn as you go.
Pros
Lots of freedom to make your own schedule and run your business how you want.
Cons
The company gets in its own way constantly, regionalization has limited the number of opportunities to advance, it is difficult to not feel like you are just a number, you will work long hours every week, the evenings, and Sundays, Saturday is your only chance to really have a day off.
Sysco is an amazing company to work for, and I recommend it to everyone.The work-life balance is perfect for full-timers as you only work 4 10 hour shifts, which leaves you with 3 days off per week. It is also great for part-timers as they will work around your schedule and are very flexible. There is a good amount of vacation days, sick days, and family days you can take your first few years, and the amount you get increases the longer you work there.The pay is very good for a warehouse position - possibly one of the best in the industry - and there is plenty of optional overtime each week.The management is great, and full of wonderful people with friendly personalities. They will take the time to get to know every employee by name and interests.Although everyone works independently, most people are friendly with eachother and are willing to help out. There is a lot of diversity here in terms of culture. However, there are very few female associates.The hardest part of the job is of course hitting the daily quotas. However, it is definitely very doable. You are given a long probation period before you are required to hit the quotas, so really it is not an issue.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is not having to deal with customers or micromanagers. It is very independent, which is great for introverts.
Pros
4 day work week, benefits, very flexible for part-timers, incentive pay, union
Cons
Mostly male associates
Sysco was the worst job I ever had, and I would reconsider before working there unless you want to depressed and unappreciated! I always felt like nobody had my back at this job, you get new Customers and then you pull you’re hair out because they can’t get the truck there on time for customers needs. Also many times they sent out rotten produce or expired products to these customers.
Pros
Can’t think of any Pros!
Cons
Management treats you like you don’t matter!
Pay is not bad at all, you get bonus based on production. Work and life balance is TERRIBLE and they will mandate you to work on a sixth day based on seniority.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Definitely work here little to no time with family 10-16 hours a day and I’m an above average driver . They see you finish at a good time they add more stops to you and take them off the slow guys pay is good but don’t expect to be home a lot and expect a lot of work and tired days
It’s a hard job but they pay good you will work a lot of hours. It is very physical you touch a lot of cases on the daily and left heavy things. Can be dangerous at times and can be put it tough situations you have to be prepared
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours hard work
Very physical job, unlike any other physical job I've ever worked before. High turnover because of it. The benefits and pay were great but just wasn't practical long term.
11 May 2021
Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working at Sysco. We take the safety and welfare of each associate very seriously and strive to provide the safest working conditions possible. We also take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
11 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
Chaos confusion and extreme disorganization from top all the way to the bottom. As a driver expect a 4 am to 6pm day bonuses taken away for no apparent reason, whoever designed the manner in which the warehouse loads the products onto skids needs to seriously get out of the office and get on a truck and tell me that its an efficient way to do things. Was there for 5 years and there should be a revolving door put in the front with amount of overturn, upper management changes so often. Sysco had ZERO regard for the guy/gals who deliver the product. If you are not one of the favourites than learn to deal with it or move on. Morning supervisor is a backstabbing two faced liar who tells your personal business to other people and will say bad things about you if you decide to call in sick.. very toxic workplace save yourself the headache and work elsewhere, only good thing about this place is the pay and thats it. I have heard many ideas brought up only to be told that ‘its just the way it is ‘ or shot down all together. Its an extremely terrible place morale wise to work was there for 5 years never seen a boss or anyone higher up than my supervisor who was a former driver. No clue who runs this place. MANY good drivers have came and gone due the simple way you load your products Smarten up sysco like come on!
Pros
Pay
Cons
The amount of digging you have to do to find product on your pallets
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
Management needs to be changed to succeed further down the road. I think we have more potential to succeed if we get the right people in the management role.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor management
11 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.
It's an overall decent company. There are ups and down as with any company. Try not to let the bad outweigh the good parts of the job. Money is there if you work for it.
11 May 2021
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!
Très bon esprit d'équipe, lieux de missions connues à l'avance, très bons contact avec les différentes équipes, très bonne collaboration et entraide avec les différents chauffeurs
Pros
Bon esprit d'équipe
Cons
Certains retards dans la préparation de chargement
Let's see, where do I begin? I started at Sysco in March of 2020. As you can imagine, I was laid off shortly due to COVID-19. This was to be expected; however, Sysco also took away the minimum pay of $1000 per week when other employers were keeping their minimum or even raising it to show their appreciation and hold on to drivers. Now, with all the government incentives, Sysco is finding it exceedingly difficult to hold on to good workers, especially warehouse workers. This is causing their trailers to be late on a consistent basis, making customers angry, and screwing with the driver's schedules. Over the years, Sysco continues to trim benefits at the expense of employees. They used to have a pension, which is, predictably, gone. They used to have company parties with prizes, but no longer. Anything they can do to cut costs, they will.
Pros
Good pay per case, job security
Cons
Cheap company that will throw you under the bus
11 May 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that. Thank you for your review.
Early start times to begin the day, horribly loaded trailers and often bad routing that would have a negative impact on the rest of your day which no one cared about.
Pros
Pay, union, benefits.
Cons
Badly loaded trailers.
  1. Employee reviews