Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

The Hope of Wealth & Wily Mismanagement

4 September 2020
a typical day at work:Expect to be carried and/or looked down upon by senior selectors until you manage to prove yourself to the top tier of laborers. There is an inevitable level of toxicity due to the bonus structure; the handful of speed-demon, hard-working, motivated selectors push themselves to the limit every night, ensuring the team is able to leave at a decent time, bearing the literal burden of their new and/or unmotivated counterparts.what you learned:Efficiency is everything, inside and outside of work.management:Very inadequate, non-understanding HR, focused on politics such as diversity and retention rate rather than filtering the revolving door of employees and keeping the ones that truly care. Day shift managers govern the night crew—without being able to physically be there at the same time, there will always be a disconnect between trust on a personal and professional level, paired with the yes-man type attitude consistent throughout management above supervisors.workplace culture:Sometimes toxic & cliquey. Typically everyone has a shared rage toward management and has no problem stating it among peers.the hardest part of the job:The job itself. You cannot do it forever. Far from worth spending your time there unless you are able to motivate yourself to make a bonus every week.the most enjoyable part of the job:Lots of time to think, listen to music & podcasts. The labourer crew is generally very welcoming and excited to work with new hires, but will expose flaws in coming weeks without holding any words back. Lots of "iron sharpens iron" vibes - more...
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
High paying job if you can efficiently make a bonus every week while avoiding injury.
Cons
Management, lack of opportunity to advance within the company, common overtime, working stat holidays, working nights.
1 March 2021
Same role
Outbound Order Selector (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
28 September 2020
Same role
outbound order selector (Former Employee) - Milton, ON
good place to work, work is not easy and the hours are pretty long, but its all worth when you see the pay-check, I would recommend this if your hard worker and don't mind the hours like I said its worth it when you see your pay-check
Pros
Bonus incentive, pizza party once or twice a month, Pay!
9 March 2020
Same location
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
The work is physical and demanding, and a high pace is required to get the mist out of your time, but the pay is really excellent and the management is willing to accommodate students.
  1. The Hope of Wealth & Wily Mismanagement