Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

terrible place to work

2 April 2020
working at Sysco was one of the worst experiences of my life. people in management try to force people to work overtime, everyone is mean-spirited and the overall work atmosphere is awful.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
free turkey at Christmas
Cons
everything
13 May 2021
Same role
Order Picker (Current Employee) - Acheson, AB
Sysco is an amazing company to work for, and I recommend it to everyone.The work-life balance is perfect for full-timers as you only work 4 10 hour shifts, which leaves you with 3 days off per week. It is also great for part-timers as they will work around your schedule and are very flexible. There is a good amount of vacation days, sick days, and family days you can take your first few years, and the amount you get increases the longer you work there.The pay is very good for a warehouse position - possibly one of the best in the industry - and there is plenty of optional overtime each week.The management is great, and full of wonderful people with friendly personalities. They will take the time to get to know every employee by name and interests.Although everyone works independently, most people are friendly with eachother and are willing to help out. There is a lot of diversity here in terms of culture. However, there are very few female associates.The hardest part of the job is of course hitting the daily quotas. However, it is definitely very doable. You are given a long probation period before you are required to hit the quotas, so really it is not an issue.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is not having to deal with customers or micromanagers. It is very independent, which is great for introverts.
Pros
4 day work week, benefits, very flexible for part-timers, incentive pay, union
Cons
Mostly male associates
6 May 2021
Same role
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
Official response from Sysco
11 May 2021
Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
6 May 2021
Same location
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) - Peterborough, ON
Management needs to be changed to succeed further down the road. I think we have more potential to succeed if we get the right people in the management role.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor management
Official response from Sysco
11 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.
  1. terrible place to work