Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

Terrible place to work

10 December 2019
Sysco was one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. The training is absolute garbage. The trainer talked more about himself than how to do the job.They train you how to run a power jack, which pallets to put your product on, but not how to stack your pallets which is the most important part of the job. The time quotas are nearly impossible for new employees to meet. I was fired at 4 months even though I asked numerous times for extra help because I was having a hard time and was told not to worry about my job and then got fired the same day. stay away the money isn’t worth it you have to work every stat holiday and work afternoons so if you have a family it’s very hard . new new employee meet
1.0Job security/advancement
6 May 2021
Same role
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
1 March 2021
Same role
Outbound Order Selector (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
5 February 2020
Same roleSame location
Order Picker (Former Employee) - Acheson, AB
I started working at Sysco as a garbage picker. Until a job posting came-up as a order picker and I got the. Management are very accommodating with ideas and suggestion especially with work ethic.
  1. Terrible place to work