Sysco
Happiness score is 39 out of 100
Sysco Employee Review

Terrible, anxiety inducing experience

4 April 2019
You are required to work long hours, doing very hard labour which is fine because you are compensated for it. However, you're forced to wear a computer on your atm that measures your efficiency and if you're not maintaining 95% efficiency on a nightly basis, you're fired. Fear tactics are used to make you work longer hours when mandatory isnt called. The union is a joke, their purpose is to protect the employees but this is taken advantage of by lazy old timers so the company is constantly at odds. Lots of employees who pretend to be your friend then rat on you to get you fired. The moral is so low that as a new employee on probation people are constantly telling you "dont get injured, keep your head down, dont get sick, come when called in etc" or you'll get fired. You're forced to sign a contract stating they can fire you any time within 1040 hours of work without a reason which is a time span that can sometimes last 4 or 5 months. I personally was fired a day before becoming unionized at this mark without a reason - likely having to provide job security, a raise and benefits. The night shift is truly poor
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
21 some odd dollars an hour
Cons
Forced contract 14 hour days, fear tactics, poorly unionized, no job security, people will attack your position for favor with higher ups
6 May 2021
Same role
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
1 March 2021
Same role
Outbound Order Selector (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
6 May 2021
Same location
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) - Peterborough, ON
Management needs to be changed to succeed further down the road. I think we have more potential to succeed if we get the right people in the management role.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor management
  1. Terrible, anxiety inducing experience