Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

OK job if you live at home with your parents.

15 April 2020
Dead end job, no chance of making enough money to live off of. If you just want a few bucks spending money then this is the place for you. Early start time and off early most days, but you may only work one day a week.
1.0Job security/advancement
6 May 2021
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Chaos confusion and extreme disorganization from top all the way to the bottom. As a driver expect a 4 am to 6pm day bonuses taken away for no apparent reason, whoever designed the manner in which the warehouse loads the products onto skids needs to seriously get out of the office and get on a truck and tell me that its an efficient way to do things. Was there for 5 years and there should be a revolving door put in the front with amount of overturn, upper management changes so often. Sysco had ZERO regard for the guy/gals who deliver the product. If you are not one of the favourites than learn to deal with it or move on. Morning supervisor is a backstabbing two faced liar who tells your personal business to other people and will say bad things about you if you decide to call in sick.. very toxic workplace save yourself the headache and work elsewhere, only good thing about this place is the pay and thats it. I have heard many ideas brought up only to be told that ‘its just the way it is ‘ or shot down all together. Its an extremely terrible place morale wise to work was there for 5 years never seen a boss or anyone higher up than my supervisor who was a former driver. No clue who runs this place. MANY good drivers have came and gone due the simple way you load your products Smarten up sysco like come on!
Pros
Pay
Cons
The amount of digging you have to do to find product on your pallets
Official response from Sysco
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
17 December 2020
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Horrible work environment, superiors treat you like your inferior and tend to degrade you behind your back, while the word travels. Management shows terrible example, breaking health and safety protocols, while writing us up for any type of suspections. Would never recommend this place as a job to anyone.
5 October 2020
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) - Coquitlam, BC
Be aware as supervisors hide in parking lots and will follow you while your on your route. Makes you feel so unappreciated!!Very toxic environment over worked and under paid
Pros
Sample of product and discounts
Cons
Long hours, management definitely requires professionalism
  1. OK job if you live at home with your parents.