Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

not at all good place to work

6 February 2018
worst company ever treats drivers like garbage pretends to be nice first but then keeps ripping u off on pay days .... they are always charging u 100$ for temprature gauge even when they are returned when they only sell them for 30$ most of us drivers here are looking for something else stay away from this place
1.0Job security/advancement
6 May 2021
Same role
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Chaos confusion and extreme disorganization from top all the way to the bottom. As a driver expect a 4 am to 6pm day bonuses taken away for no apparent reason, whoever designed the manner in which the warehouse loads the products onto skids needs to seriously get out of the office and get on a truck and tell me that its an efficient way to do things. Was there for 5 years and there should be a revolving door put in the front with amount of overturn, upper management changes so often. Sysco had ZERO regard for the guy/gals who deliver the product. If you are not one of the favourites than learn to deal with it or move on. Morning supervisor is a backstabbing two faced liar who tells your personal business to other people and will say bad things about you if you decide to call in sick.. very toxic workplace save yourself the headache and work elsewhere, only good thing about this place is the pay and thats it. I have heard many ideas brought up only to be told that ‘its just the way it is ‘ or shot down all together. Its an extremely terrible place morale wise to work was there for 5 years never seen a boss or anyone higher up than my supervisor who was a former driver. No clue who runs this place. MANY good drivers have came and gone due the simple way you load your products Smarten up sysco like come on!
Pros
Pay
Cons
The amount of digging you have to do to find product on your pallets
Official response from Sysco
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
17 December 2020
Same role
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Horrible work environment, superiors treat you like your inferior and tend to degrade you behind your back, while the word travels. Management shows terrible example, breaking health and safety protocols, while writing us up for any type of suspections. Would never recommend this place as a job to anyone.
8 March 2021
Same location
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Good place to work, decent salary, optional over time, paid lunch, management is pretty understandable and chill. Job is pretty hectic, had to hit a “percentage” per day and pick up to 1500 cases per day. Isle were pretty busy after 4pm so lots of waiting to get orders done and orders can be behind
Pros
Free lunch, night shift premium, paid lunch, good pay
Cons
Working in freezer, hard to hit daily percentage
  1. not at all good place to work