Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

If you like your life at all, dont work here

21 January 2019
employees are required to work mandatory overtime where they have no idea when their shift may end. (14 hour work days, 5 days a week during summer time) while working these hours if employees use any sick days and/or do not maintain a 95% rate of efficiency you are fired.
1.0Job security/advancement
6 May 2021
Same role
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
1 March 2021
Same role
Outbound Order Selector (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
6 May 2021
Same location
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) - Peterborough, ON
Management needs to be changed to succeed further down the road. I think we have more potential to succeed if we get the right people in the management role.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor management
  1. If you like your life at all, dont work here