Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

Hard work, terrible management

8 March 2019
I was a delivery associate out of Victoria for 5 years. Had lots of great customers and the pay cheque never bounced. That being said I had 7 supervisors in 5 years and only one of them is still with the company. The others either were let go by the company or else saw their demise in the future and left for the competition. There was a recent cull of management and supervisors, as well as another this week. Management will not listen to your complaints about the warehouse and their lacklustre effort, and will only demand more out of you so they don’t get their jobs axed. I’d avoid this place like the plague it is.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cheque never bounced
Cons
Management does not exist and you will be worked until you are crippled
6 May 2021
Same role
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Chaos confusion and extreme disorganization from top all the way to the bottom. As a driver expect a 4 am to 6pm day bonuses taken away for no apparent reason, whoever designed the manner in which the warehouse loads the products onto skids needs to seriously get out of the office and get on a truck and tell me that its an efficient way to do things. Was there for 5 years and there should be a revolving door put in the front with amount of overturn, upper management changes so often. Sysco had ZERO regard for the guy/gals who deliver the product. If you are not one of the favourites than learn to deal with it or move on. Morning supervisor is a backstabbing two faced liar who tells your personal business to other people and will say bad things about you if you decide to call in sick.. very toxic workplace save yourself the headache and work elsewhere, only good thing about this place is the pay and thats it. I have heard many ideas brought up only to be told that ‘its just the way it is ‘ or shot down all together. Its an extremely terrible place morale wise to work was there for 5 years never seen a boss or anyone higher up than my supervisor who was a former driver. No clue who runs this place. MANY good drivers have came and gone due the simple way you load your products Smarten up sysco like come on!
Pros
Pay
Cons
The amount of digging you have to do to find product on your pallets
Official response from Sysco
11 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
17 December 2020
Same role
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Horrible work environment, superiors treat you like your inferior and tend to degrade you behind your back, while the word travels. Management shows terrible example, breaking health and safety protocols, while writing us up for any type of suspections. Would never recommend this place as a job to anyone.
4 February 2021
Same location
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) - Victoria, BC
The people I worked with were great......Good benefits, good people and free parking are some of the benefits of working for Sysco British Columbia.
Pros
Free parking
  1. Hard work, terrible management