Sysco
Happiness score is 39 out of 100
Sysco Employee Review

Great Experience

7 May 2019
Very informative and supportive administrative staff. Demands of the employment do not lend to work life balance. Too many requirements and quotas and KPI's that are unreasonable.
2.0Job security/advancement
6 May 2021
Same role
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) - Ontario
Salespersons job to A) increase margin B) win new business and C) be business partners most trusted partner.Arbitrary price increases to loyal customers - put the salesperson in a position to be dishonest. When customer leaves due to inconsistent pricing- it is the salespersons job to go re-secure that business- regardless of the margin. So, we see what price we can get away with, then put our tails between our legs and go revisit with better pricing when we get too greedy, Very cyclical and NOT trustworthy practices
25 December 2020
Same role
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
It's a good place to be and work. Professional and they know exactly what they are doing. If you are a hard worker with sustainable performance means a big room for improvement.
8 December 2020
Same location
Night shift (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
I very much enjoyed working here. The union is very fair, but some people took advantage of that. You'll find that everywhere, however. The pay is very attractive, but you have to work for it, and if you're able to meet their ELS standards, you can make a lot of money.Moving into the office, you're no longer in the union, but your wage is more than adequate, and your benefits are the same. The RRSP and retirement packages are incredible.Management can be a little bit of an old boy's club, but if you can look past that, it's well worth it.
Pros
Free test kitchen lunches once a month, great pay, excellent benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, very tough physical work, lack of advancement