Sysco
Happiness score is 39 out of 100
Sysco Employee Review

Can make a lot of money at the risk of permanent disability

25 January 2019
I have done every job at Sysco outside any office position. You can make a good money here if you want to work 60 hours a week and do permanent damage you your body in the process. Very hard job physically and is definitely not for everyone or anyone who wants long time employment. Management does care about you or your safety, all they care about is if the customer gets their product, all else is trivial to them.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Can make good money, had decent benefits
Cons
Will destroy your body
6 May 2021
Same role
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Working in the warehouse was horrible it’s suppose to be unionized but people favour others and the team moral is horrible. Supervisors go out of their way to try and find ways so the can write you up. They only hire part time but say they have lots of hours available which is true but when you get close to getting full time hours they will make sure you only get your 20 hours a week so it’s Impossible to get the benefits of being a full time employee. They will preach that everything is done by seniority but in reality that is not the case behind the scene. I can’t really speak for any other Sysco location except for the one in Lakeside on duck Pond Road. I was an employee there for 2 years but quit because of the way they treat people. If this doesn’t help you go get the job and just ask people that work there night or day shift and they will tell you the same thing. Good luck!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Environment
1 March 2021
Same role
Outbound Order Selector (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
12 June 2020
Same location
Supervisor (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
I loved working for Sysco! Everyday was a new challenge. Employees were great and experienced and welcoming. You will need to put in your time to truly understand the way the business flows.
  1. Can make a lot of money at the risk of permanent disability