Sysco
Sysco Employee Review

A challenging rewarding company

9 May 2013
My daily responsibilities was insuring my accounts were taken care of and I was expanding my territory. I learned true customer service by insuring every issue and problem was my problem...if my customers had an issue, then it was my issue. There was very little opportunity to move ahead. The last year was difficult with so much change. I had three bosses in the last year and very little support in the last 9 months. The best part of the job is the thrill to help customers. I would enjoy that I helped them out of an emergency or help them with there long term growth.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
good pay
Cons
have to work 6 days a week.
6 May 2021
Same role
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) - Ontario
Salespersons job to A) increase margin B) win new business and C) be business partners most trusted partner.Arbitrary price increases to loyal customers - put the salesperson in a position to be dishonest. When customer leaves due to inconsistent pricing- it is the salespersons job to go re-secure that business- regardless of the margin. So, we see what price we can get away with, then put our tails between our legs and go revisit with better pricing when we get too greedy, Very cyclical and NOT trustworthy practices
25 December 2020
Same role
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
It's a good place to be and work. Professional and they know exactly what they are doing. If you are a hard worker with sustainable performance means a big room for improvement.
1 March 2021
Same location
Outbound Order Selector (Former Employee) - Ottawa, ON
Sysco seems like a fantastic company, but I would not recommend working in the Inbound/Outbound Order Selector position if you are a female. During my first shift, an employee made me feel very unwelcome in this regard. I hope the company improves their culture and makes the warehouse a better place for women to work. I would have loved to continue working for Sysco if I had felt more welcome.
Pros
Great benefits and accommodating HR department.
Cons
Sexist Co-workers, Difficult Hours
  1. A challenging rewarding company