Sysco

Found 417 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,016 reviews

Insights into Sysco

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

It is good

It was friendly environment and it was cold space some time was boring I'm education there for some reason it was difficult for this experience I wish find better job.

9 May 2022
We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your career with us.

Great culture, great people, average salary

The company has really great culture. Coworkers are very nice, a lot of company-wide activities, everyone is very co-operative. Salary is below average if you are not in management, but once you start climbing, it scales pretty nicely. They believe they are changing, but still very old fashioned and conservative due to the industry they are in. Overall, I recommend this place. Lots of growth opportunities if you are willing to take.

5 May 2022
Thank you for leaving a review! At Sysco, our goal is to support and sustain an inclusive work environment that engages and enables a diverse workforce. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

Stay away.

Excellent place to work if you want to end up crippled or with a heart attack.Useless supervisors.Unprofessional management.Zero work-life balance.

Pros

Good pay.

2 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Positive team environment

Expectations incredibly high within very short time frame but amazing benefits and potential for very high hourly rate based on good basic and bonuses. Not enough support on tips and advice on how to achieve standards expected

Pros

Benefits hourly rate and team spirit to help others

Cons

Extremely high expectations with insufficient feedback on what expectations are and how to achieve

14 March 2022
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Its a demand job that will push you the pay is below average.

Sysco demands that you learn multiple systems and complete continuous learning in a short period of time. After training you have to complete a 30 day assessment, a 60 day assessment, and a 90 day assessment. 18 per hour is below average amount of pay for a demanding frustrating job. Sysco sometimes acts in bad faith they promised employees a 500 dollar one time pay increase and 4 months later no sign of that money as part of their work from remote program. Customers are very demanding you will have the same customer emailing you 10-12+ times per day or 40-50 emails a week demanding this and that. Managers can be faultfinders and judgmental. Employee turnover has been showing and employment offers sent to possible new employees have been rejected.

Pros

You can work from home.

Cons

Unprofessional and rude customers, demanding job, pay is below average. Sysco's systems and platforms are numerous and frustrating and inconsistent.

7 February 2022

Good money but hard work!

Not much could say, you get paid for what you do; fair money. It’s a good place to work if you want to be home every night, especially for those who got children!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Bad equipments

4 February 2022
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

hard working all the time

always hard working, heavy products. good place for over time shift, make more money. working 4 days a week, having lots of time day off. driving downtown all time.

27 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate all of the time and energy our associates put into working for Sysco, and we take your feedback seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to leadership so that your specific concerns could be addressed.

Absolutely stressful and terrible to people. Fear driven. You are just a number

Absolutely stressful and terrible to people. Fear driven. You are just a number. They keep track of everything you do and keep your life boring. 10-14 hour shifts, getting overweight despite hard work due to the BS culture.

18 January 2022

Great place to work.

If you don't mind hard work and want to make 80k your first year then this is the place for you. Selectors only have a four day work week which is an added bonus!

Pros

Endless perks.

Cons

Very physically demanding.

13 January 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. Keep up the good work!

Work here if you want to feel like a number

This place treats you like a number. You can work hard do your job and get looked over by people that kiss the back side of managementYou can make good money but I feels like you need to sell your soul to make it.

Pros

Co workers

5 January 2022
Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Very professional and hardworking management. Understanding and caring culture. Fast paced but manageable. Easy to learn. Good training and easy to get grip quickly

28 December 2021

Fast paced and ever evolving

Great culture, great people, ever evolving, fast paced environment, great leadership, positive environment, great perks, high expectations, often heavy workload.

Pros

Great people

Cons

High expectations, low work/life balance

6 December 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.

Demanding job Management expects a lot -- noticeable turnover

Sysco demands you to learn multiple systems and learn a lot of policies in a short amount of time. Some customers are nice on the phone and some customers have a very short temper. 18 per hour while having to pay for expensive internet and requiring a high level of skills is not the most competitive pay. Employee turnover is increasing at Sysco. You can get stressed out when you do not know how to handle a situation due to poor training. Its harder to learn while working from home. Customers email or phone you to do a task for them and they fail to provide you with their account number. Yes, its a frustrating job.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Demanding customers who do not provide you with the information to complete

29 November 2021
We appreciate your feedback. Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

Great corporation, terrible managerial structure.

Sysco as a whole is a terrific company to be employed for. The vision, the products and the attitude they present you with is very professional, set out with positive goals in mind to be a professional employer and business provider. Unfortunately, with the Halifax location, this is definitely not the case. I personally believe that the company has a positive vision, created with that goal in mind. My other personal belief is individuals whom are hired to run said facilities are unfortunately destroying the companies reputation, and creating absolutely terrible morale for the staff, which creates problematic individuals that lose the ability to care about work quality which in turn affects the customer at the end of the process. Warehousing staff and transportation staff have been stretched extremely thin, throughout COVID-19 and even before that. There is always new goals to achieve, which are becoming much more difficult. Both departments have great assets on each team, but are unfortunately always looked past. Favouritism is very rampant throughout the Halifax location, anyone who goes above and beyond working safely is treated like gold, while others are targeted based on corporate goals. Recently they have added new management from all levels into the Halifax OPCO, which raises a lot of questions due to the fact that one individual definitely does not pull their own weight, creates more meaningless tasks for the warehouse staff to achieve and creates immature attitudes amongst their staff with baseless comments about others. Being targeted for any reason is the biggest -

Pros

Financial, Hours

Cons

Long hours, management, negativity

24 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Driver

Pure labour, which is not paid enough. Every driver there is injured . Do yourself a favour and skip this job, if you want to save your back and knees and all the rest of your body. It's not worth the money. U will make the same money driving for a decent company, and even more (all depends), with no touch freight.

23 November 2021
Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working at Sysco. We take the safety and welfare of each associate very seriously and strive to provide the safest working conditions possible. We also take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.

It’s alright

Sysco Moncton is not a well oiled machine but it’s alright, definitely getting better with time, Sysco needs to open there wallet and listen to the input of all roles

Pros

Lots of over time If wanted

Cons

Old junk equipment

18 November 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your feedback.

Hard and stressful

This job is good and bad so it depends . Here is my honest review I feel like sysco isn't the worst place I have ever worked but it sure was the most frustrating place at times . More times then not I will point out. If you like your fast pace work with some added stressful unrealistic time expectations then this job is for you . You dig through the entire trailer for products for the accounts .The warehouse will stack your first stops under all your last stops . So makes for a very annoying time . You then stack products on hand carts and deliver down a 16 foot heavy ramp into restaurants alot of the time up stairs or down stairs ,over ledges and through annoyingly tight kitchens all while having to run around under the chefs or restaurant staff who order you to put their food away for them. And heaven for bit if you even the slightest bit behind ... an average day your delivering 400- 600 pieces in the summer time 700-1000 pieces . The benifits they offer are sub par compared to a lot of other places I have worked and their hourly starting rate is sad for the amount of work that is expected of you. Also some of trailers are just junky .... ie: the doors are heavy and get jammed , the Ramps are much the same and sometimes they don't roll or the lifters are shot no matter how many times we report. The few things I will say that I really liked are my fellow trucking Co -workers, some of the customer relationships who understand what you do ,and the amount of trailer experience you get because this isn't your normal tractor trailer driving job . Lots of tight -

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Unrealistic time expectations, wages, equipment

17 November 2021
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

En général une équipe très sympathique

Un travail intéressant mais la Covid est venue tout interrompe

Great organization to work

From my experience, Sysco is a beautiful place to work, I have no regrets about choosing to work with Sysco. It is a workplace where you are given a great work-life balance.

Pros

Good staff food purchase price at cheaper rates.

Cons

non

4 November 2021
We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you are enjoying your career with us.

Fun, team atmosphere

It was too cut throat for me, but I’d you’re a whip in sales, it’s a great opportunity and there is constantly room for advancement. The management are well trained for their positions and there is always help and resources when you need them.

26 October 2021
We appreciate your positive review of our management at Sysco. We know that the best leaders make for the best employees, and your feedback helps us improve across the board.

Good pay, good supervisors, hard work, horrid shift

Work is physically demanding, but once you can build orders properly, it becomes reasonable to hit the standards. Lots of people can't, so there is lots of turnover. Great supervisors, very fair and almost always work with you if you need something. The 430 pm - 100 am shift sucks, and you work Sundays. Sucks leaving your family Sunday afternoon. You also work every holiday except Christmas and New Years. Great pay, and a good bonus incentive. You start at 21 an hour there, plus you can make around 200 a week in bonuses. Not many warehouses can say that.Overall, a good place to work if you don't care about working nights, and if you don't mind really working hard physically.

Pros

Pay, bonus system, unionized, no mandatory OT, friday, saturday off

Cons

Horrid evening shift, working holidays, takes forever to get to days

26 October 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement