Sysco Employee Reviews

Ambiente y Trato adecuado a los empleados
Administrador de Ordenes (Former Employee) –  British Columbia15 October 2018
- Un día típico de trabajo consistía en hacer las tareas asignadas con los compañeros de trabajo en un ambiente adecuado y con supervisores que te hacían mejorar cada día en tu desempeño. Aprendí a realizar mis labores correspondientes de manera rápida y eficaz gracias a los compañeros de trabajo que tienen mas experiencia y a los supervisores de turno.
Great Experience for New Drivers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 October 2018
If you are a new driver Sysco is a great place to work, you really learn how to get around the city in a big truck. Great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands on your body, but if you can stick with it it will get you into fantastic shape.
Not a good place to work if you r in ottawa
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2018
They treat you like a wok horse they work you 14 hour days you make a mistake they try to fire you supervisors are awful no experience equipment is garbage the loads are backwards number ones at the bottom you were just picking all day while they are asking you why are you taking so long warning stay away very very stressful ,money sometimes is not everything working for them, you will eventually get hurt good luck
Pros
Pays good
Cons
Too much of a workload supervisors are sarcastic and will lie to you
No word
Az delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto3 October 2018
Very disappointed with this Company. I had only 40 hrs left from my probation period and they dismissed me. They have just used me for 5 months and as soon as the business started getting slow they started getting rid of new people who are not unionized. Be careful guys before you start working with them this place is full of politics and back stabbing. Very hard work and you get all garbage deliveries for couple of years. It is based on seniority and they have many old people who been working from last 10 years or so. All downtown calls are downstairs or upstairs which drained out all the energy. I would recommend that get incorporated and work for your own business. I only like about this job is my co- workers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
Good place to start
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON30 September 2018
Sysco is a well organized company to work for. They have good processes, policies and procedures. A safety focused culture who care about their employees. Great opportunity for starting your career. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free food, decent pay, great coworkers
Cons
Office politics, no flexibility with hours
Terrible
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC27 September 2018
From management to workers who have been there for forever the people suck.

Management has no idea what is going on in the office.

Women who gossip constantly.
Pros
free food
great people
warehouse supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 September 2018
staff was great to work with. great pay and benefits. good hours for warehouse. employers were great to work around family schedule and were good if you had to leave for family issues
Pros
good pay
Cons
manoninious work
A lot of fun
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2018
The job was interesting because it did not limit me and did not allow me to be repetitive as there are always new challenges. Consistency of new challenges had really allowed me to grow professionally and had given be strong organizational skills.
Most importantly the management was very nice, kind and happily answered any questions that i may have had regarding work.
good workplace good people and can leaqrn lost of skills.
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 August 2018
was an early shift mostly 3am start times. meet lots of great people
repetitive workout throughout the day. the hardest part of the job I would say is the really long days like 16 17+ hours and only getting a few hours of sleep for the next day. The most enjoyable part is just doing the job great people lots of exercise. plus I got to known the city really well.
Pros
free food from restraunts.
Cons
really long hours.
Newer Equipment, Poor management
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 August 2018
12 years at Sysco and they promote from within who they want to promote. The people in charge of the transportation department are not qualified to do the job. They were selected by a higher up that liked them. Guys are promoted more on the buddy buddy system vs actual qualifications. Huge lack of communication between departments. Drivers are always the last to know what is going on, trucks are loaded poorly. You will touch the same box 8 times before you deliver it. The pay is good but you are underpaid for the actual work you do. There are better jobs out there that pay less and have a better work life balance and are easier on the body
Pros
free turkey at xmas
Cons
body is sore after day 1 until you leave
Impartial View
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Salary is decent and livable. It was a good commute for me. Offices are well organized and clean. Good hours and moderate workload for everyone in the company.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Not much
nice Atmosphere
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 August 2018
Shift are great, they have different schedules, Work training provide people nice to work, very flexible managment easy to get there to the plant.
Very big place to work.
Pros
very cold
Nice Pay,Shame about the company
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 August 2018
The pay is great but what you have to go through isn't worth it. A lot of kissing up to upper management,back stabbing,bullying and unrealistic work expectations make this a toxic enviroment. Avoid at all cost
Pros
Decent wage per hr
Cons
Large Corporation with little regard for employees
Marketing Associate (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC30 July 2018
Business to business sales of food service products
outside sales, lots of driving around
high expenses for phone, internet and gas but can be tax deductible
face to face customer interaction
some cold calling required to grow sales
Busy environment which keeps you challenged
Operations (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador26 July 2018
From day one on my workterm i learned a lot. Management are very involved with giving me feedback on my performance and the rest of the staff are great people to work with.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
None as of right now.
Great people makes it feel like home
Customer Service Representative (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 July 2018
Very understanding Manager/Supervisor. A great group of people to work with. Feels like family. Our coworkers keep us coming back. Love the job :) SYSCO FOODS :)
Pros
free food at times :)
Cons
can be busy at times
Great company to work for.
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC16 June 2018
Great job if you want to keep in shape without going to the gym. (known as "industrial athletes")
Job requires that you have excellent class 1 driving skills and efficient customer service.
Excellent pay scale as well as comprehensive benefits.
Pros
Great exercise and lots of OT pay
Cons
Stressful job with long hours
Great environment!
Environmental Health & Safety Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 May 2018
I was fortunate to have a work term placement with Sysco for 8 weeks. The staff were very supportive, friendly, and knowledgeable. During my short stay, I was able to complete projects that were very fun and important to the company.

Unfortunately my placement was unpaid and there was no future position available for me
Pros
Great Staff, Friendly Environment, Professional
Cons
Unpaid
Non stop working atmosphere
Transportation/Fleet maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
Drivers and warehouse personnel are overworked. Rarely do people feel a sense of accomplishment as they can never finish the tasks they're issued within the time constraints.
Good company to work for
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB11 May 2018
Day started at 4 am 4 days a week. Learned how to scan pieces being delivered. Management was fair and friendly. Hardest part of the job was pushing 150 lb carts through a foot of snow. working with the customers was always the best part of the day
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
long hard days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.