Syngenta

Syngenta Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Lack of Leadership and direction from Manager is the weak link in the organization. The organization treats the employees and many perks but change management needs to be improved. Stop living for the moment and look for the bigger picture and towards the future.
Never had the authority to do anything. They had managers managers making decisions based off no knowledge of the operational function... I have been told he is no longer with the company “forced retirement” so hoping new blood will take the group in a different direction.. Loved working with the entire team as they were supportive in the time of need.
Typical day at work can be inspiring engaging with stakeholders across the value chain and helping to sustainably feed the world's population and maintain earth's bio-diversity.

Too many changes in the organization make it challenging to build purposeful career and consistent impact.
Science-based organization with a passion for developing novel tools to help farmers grow the best crop possible. Excellent atmosphere and culture. Flexible work environment.
Overall good place, good atmosphere, and great environment. I learnt a lot working for Syngenta. Many skills I will take with me to future jobs. They provided me with life skills I would not have learnt at other places.
Pros
When the weather is bad they take you out for lunch
Cons
Long hours and hard work
Travel to different retails and farmers and talk about farming plans at the grower level or assist retails with any product information or customer service information needed.
I learned how to manage my time and budget and how to deal with many different personalities.

Management was very good but avoided any kind of confrontation.

Great workplace culture everyone was very helpful and made one feel very welcome.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with situations where products did not work and trying to make the relationship with the farmer better then when you arrived even though it was a negative situation.

enjoyable part of the job was everyday is a new day and you get to work with so many different people and personalities.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Contract position
Great opportunity to embed yourself in the agriculture industry and get close to growers who are making a difference to feed the planet. Great workplace.
This job was a standard manual Labour job. During the time I worked there I did one of two things; I would work in the fields weeding, or I would be in one of the building sorting the company's product. The management was excellent, everyone who was working there full time were nice people and the manager was always willing to lend a hand when needed. The part of the job that I liked most was the company that I worked with, they were always talkative and fun people to work with.
Pros
Free sunglasses
Cons
Hard work
Very friendly work environment.. agile work style. Team work spirit. Continuous appreciation and feedback. The work day hours are flexible and people are understanding.
Syngenta Canada is a company that continues to operate with a positive down to earth culture where each individual is recognized and appreciated. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to work for a progressive company with a great culture.
It was a great experience and gave me the opportunity to further my growth as a professional.
A company which I was enjoying to work, because my manager was very good and I learned a lot of subjects about accounting and controlling the accounts.