Syngenta Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Research and Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 January 2019
Overall good place, good atmosphere, and great environment. I learnt a lot working for Syngenta. Many skills I will take with me to future jobs. They provided me with life skills I would not have learnt at other places.
Pros
When the weather is bad they take you out for lunch
Cons
Long hours and hard work
Great workplace culture
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2018
Travel to different retails and farmers and talk about farming plans at the grower level or assist retails with any product information or customer service information needed.
I learned how to manage my time and budget and how to deal with many different personalities.
Management was very good but avoided any kind of confrontation.
Great workplace culture everyone was very helpful and made one feel very welcome.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with situations where products did not work and trying to make the relationship with the farmer better then when you arrived even though it was a negative situation.
enjoyable part of the job was everyday is a new day and you get to work with so many different people and personalities.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Contract position
Great work culture
Seed Care Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plattsville, ON15 November 2017
Great opportunity to embed yourself in the agriculture industry and get close to growers who are making a difference to feed the planet. Great workplace.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of friendly co-workers.
Biological diversity adjustment team (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2017
This job was a standard manual Labour job. During the time I worked there I did one of two things; I would work in the fields weeding, or I would be in one of the building sorting the company's product. The management was excellent, everyone who was working there full time were nice people and the manager was always willing to lend a hand when needed. The part of the job that I liked most was the company that I worked with, they were always talkative and fun people to work with.
Pros
Free sunglasses
Cons
Hard work
Great place to work with a positive culture.
Commercial Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2015
Syngenta Canada is a company that continues to operate with a positive down to earth culture where each individual is recognized and appreciated. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to work for a progressive company with a great culture.
Great teamwork and a group of people to work with.
Executive Coordinator, North America Cereals Team (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2014
It was a great experience and gave me the opportunity to further my growth as a professional.
Learning environment
Accountant & Controller (Former Employee) –  Tehan6 October 2012
A company which I was enjoying to work, because my manager was very good and I learned a lot of subjects about accounting and controlling the accounts.