Synergy Protection Group Inc.

Synergy Protection Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2020
Great company with strong and friendly leadership team. Some slow work times but I used that to elevate work life balance. Always ready to get you the resources you need to accomplish your task.
No job security/High turn over
Security Site Supervisor/Armoured Tactical Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2019
This company is infamous for hiring terrible management, they have a very high turn over of employees. You won’t make more than minimum wage. You will have new task added on to your job outline constantly without any pay increase. You will be contacted at crazy hours without any care or regard for your personal life circumstances. This company will use you until they find a reason to disregard you for a new lab rat.
Like anywhere else
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2019
Like any other company. Can be long hours and also very low pay. Much better is to get job in labour or some other feild. Not very supportive from management also.
Happy Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2019
Been here for a year and no complaints. Had som payroll issues come up but that got fixed pretty quickly. Quick replys from the management. I get training when I need it which is a nice change.
Pros
Good sites
Cons
No overtime
its better then most
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2019
I had some issues when I joined last year, there ops manager was realy diffuclt. They replaced him and now the management has really improved. I enjoy the sites I work and the culture.
Will See
security guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2019
I just started with Synergy. Everythings seems good. Paid training and unfiroms. All scheduling is online and easy to follow. I don’t like the amount of patrol and scans I have to do but I may ask to switch sites
Pros
good supervisors
Cons
to many patrols
Not a well managed company
Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa14 April 2019
This company is not well managed, the owners don't care about giving the employees a good and fair wage, the equipment is poor and not taken care of.

They don't provide you with any use of force or criminal code training, they don't care if you tell them about issues with guards or equipment. They don't manage their sites well and hide issues from their clients.

Poorly run company with management that only cares about making money for themselves and don't care about giving their clients what they pay for.
Pros
Steady Hours
Cons
Management doesn't care about guards/no benefits
Absolutely Garbage Security Company
Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2019
They dont give you hours,
they give out too much commands with horrible pay
management wont help you unless they NEED to
worst employment of my life and that includes walmart
Cons
minimum wage with supervisor traits
Positive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2018
I really enjoyed the work environment. The Manager in the Ottawa region is extremely hard working but suffers from spreading himself too thin. The pay is often only minimum wage.
A miserable place to work
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2018
I work for this company more than a year and it was the biggest mistake of my life. They treat you like a slave. The word "dignity" has lost its meaning with this company long time ago.
Good Organisation
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 January 2018
Enjoying my time working, had some issues at the condo I was working and the management backed me up. I realized I had missteped but instead of firing me, they brought me in for additional training and mentoring. Absolutely love it, they real showed they care about there guards.
Pros
Supervisors
Cons
No overtime!
Excellent Company
Mobile Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto10 January 2018
Good training, good wages. Enjoying my job. I am posted at a condo for overnights, hoping to move into evenings when it is available. They even sent me a Christmas bonus which I found really thoughtful.
Pros
Great sites
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts
Good Career Path
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa8 January 2018
I would definitely recommend synergy, standard security sites, but a real responsive management team and lots of room for growth. I started at one of the constructions sites in Ottawa. After school Imoved to Toronto and they found a home with good hours within a couple of weeks.
Pros
Flexible and reasonable management
Cons
Some time residents treat you badly
Great Security Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 January 2018
Happy to be part of the team. Worked at a number of places but found a home with synergy. Good pay and great co workers. The supervisors are pretty quick to reslove any issues that come up.
Pros
Scheduled In Advance
Cons
Long Hours
Client Treats workers better than Synergy Managment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto16 July 2017
The site I worked at was an amazing site. Had lots of fun and interacted with a lot of people. Managment at Synergy is a different story, very disorganized and will pay you way less than the client is paying them for your services. The only reason I stayed was to stay at the site. Synergy also loses a lot of sites. No training provided. And they don't pay for anything,won't pay your overtime hours either. Great employees to work with though, all despised of management operations.
Pros
Good site (not there anymore)
Cons
Low pay, Bad management, No compensation for overtime hours worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synergy Protection Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Synergy Protection Group Inc. Reviews by Location