Synergy Protection Group Inc.

Synergy Protection Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall staff Is good but . Lots of mismanagement. In schedulong.. Otherwise its all good. Some of the staff is really cooperative. But some of them really don't care about the security guards.
I really enjoy working here have no complaints yet always friendly and take care of any issues a site that would make the guard uncomfortable management is awesome
Pros
Free lunch good pay
Cons
No xxl shirts for employees
I ran for the hills. Negative work environment getting paid minimum wage while being treated poorly without appreciation or support to staff. Many employees are demoralized which is unfortunate. This is a great place to refer jobs for people you do not like.
Pros
Cons
Many
I cannot recommend this company to anyone. Management is abusive to their staff and will hold your pay for training shifts, which is illegal. They cost cut so much that it is the guards who suffer in the end. Some of the guards you work with are great people, but unfortunately the poor leadership for this company really destroys it.
Pros
Guards are fantastic hard working people at certain sites.
Cons
Low pay, no training, lack of uniforms, constant pay issues, too much cost cutting
Great company with strong and friendly leadership team. Some slow work times but I used that to elevate work life balance. Always ready to get you the resources you need to accomplish your task.
This company is infamous for hiring terrible management, they have a very high turn over of employees. You won’t make more than minimum wage. You will have new task added on to your job outline constantly without any pay increase. You will be contacted at crazy hours without any care or regard for your personal life circumstances. This company will use you until they find a reason to disregard you for a new lab rat.
Like any other company. Can be long hours and also very low pay. Much better is to get job in labour or some other feild. Not very supportive from management also.
Good company, I worked for about 8 months at some pretty cool sites but had to leave for OPS training. Would recommend. They use a lot technolgy on their sites which is nice change from paper reports.
Been here for a year and no complaints. Had som payroll issues come up but that got fixed pretty quickly. Quick replys from the management. I get training when I need it which is a nice change.
Pros
Good sites
Cons
No overtime
I had some issues when I joined last year, there ops manager was realy diffuclt. They replaced him and now the management has really improved. I enjoy the sites I work and the culture.
I just started with Synergy. Everythings seems good. Paid training and unfiroms. All scheduling is online and easy to follow. I don’t like the amount of patrol and scans I have to do but I may ask to switch sites
Pros
good supervisors
Cons
to many patrols
This company is not well managed, the owners don't care about giving the employees a good and fair wage, the equipment is poor and not taken care of. They don't provide you with any use of force or criminal code training, they don't care if you tell them about issues with guards or equipment. They don't manage their sites well and hide issues from their clients. Poorly run company with management that only cares about making money for themselves and don't care about giving their clients what they pay for.
Pros
Steady Hours
Cons
Management doesn't care about guards/no benefits
They dont give you hours, they give out too much commands with horrible pay management wont help you unless they NEED to worst employment of my life and that includes walmart
Cons
minimum wage with supervisor traits
I really enjoyed the work environment. The Manager in the Ottawa region is extremely hard working but suffers from spreading himself too thin. The pay is often only minimum wage.
I work for this company more than a year and it was the biggest mistake of my life. They treat you like a slave. The word "dignity" has lost its meaning with this company long time ago.
Enjoying my time working, had some issues at the condo I was working and the management backed me up. I realized I had missteped but instead of firing me, they brought me in for additional training and mentoring. Absolutely love it, they real showed they care about there guards.
Pros
Supervisors
Cons
No overtime!
Good training, good wages. Enjoying my job. I am posted at a condo for overnights, hoping to move into evenings when it is available. They even sent me a Christmas bonus which I found really thoughtful.
Pros
Great sites
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts
I would definitely recommend synergy, standard security sites, but a real responsive management team and lots of room for growth. I started at one of the constructions sites in Ottawa. After school Imoved to Toronto and they found a home with good hours within a couple of weeks.
Pros
Flexible and reasonable management
Cons
Some time residents treat you badly
Happy to be part of the team. Worked at a number of places but found a home with synergy. Good pay and great co workers. The supervisors are pretty quick to reslove any issues that come up.
Pros
Scheduled In Advance
Cons
Long Hours
The site I worked at was an amazing site. Had lots of fun and interacted with a lot of people. Managment at Synergy is a different story, very disorganized and will pay you way less than the client is paying them for your services. The only reason I stayed was to stay at the site. Synergy also loses a lot of sites. No training provided. And they don't pay for anything,won't pay your overtime hours either. Great employees to work with though, all despised of management operations.
Pros
Good site (not there anymore)
Cons
Low pay, Bad management, No compensation for overtime hours worked