Syncrude Employee Review

Exciting and fun workplace with pool tables, ping pong tables, etc.
ID Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 May 2014
I enjoyed working for Syncrude. Not only because it was my first employment opportunity in Alberta, but for how fun they made it seem and how much I felt right at home.
The management really took care of their employees and made sure everything was running smoothly. The hardest part of the job is figuring out what else there was to do once we were finished our work for the day. I would always finish really early in my shift and go out and find other work to do in my station.
Pros
Environmemt
Cons

Other Syncrude Employee Reviews

Great Company to work with
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2018
Syncrude is a great company to work with.

The benefit a good, life/work balance is reasonable and retirement plan is one of the best.

Calgary office and Site culture and atmosphere is different though
Negative environment and unhealthy behavior
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Base plant11 March 2018
People who are working directly for syncrude does not treat well contractors. Funny part is washrooms in some buildings are strictly for syncrude employees (not sure which era these guys are living) cause excuse that outsiders are stealing their stuff from their locker rooms. Really??? Biggest lie. If they found that you are contractor very few of them will be pleased to talk with you nicely. Some leaders in plant area have mentality of owning syncrude which is not good. They will talk with you very rudely and if you try to respond they will show their power of being syncrude employees. Worst place to work at as a contractor. Thank fully got better job outside of site and do not need to think about this worst place.
Pros
Can not find it
Cons
Very rude people with boss mentality