Symtech Innovations Ltd Employee Reviews

Management is destroying the company
Electrician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  University of Toronto13 May 2018
A lot of foreman hire and fire guys everyweek because apparently it makes them look good when it comes to upper management. They will push anything and anyone under the bus in order to be seem as a good foreman who is good at managing his workers. Micro manage is hugeee here, speak up and your gone. Nepotism is hugeeee here also.
Pros
Ibew 353
Cons
Bad foremans, inexperienced, lies
Find something better if you can.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  20 West Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario6 May 2018
This is probably one of the worst company I had ever been with. I worked with Symtech for 3 years and my role got switched a dozen times.
Higher ups in this office doesn't respect regular employees like normal people. They will not interact with you unless they need something from you.

They like to make a lot of promises when they hire you but they will not fulfill any of it.

To survive, you must kiss up to the higher ups in the office.

My starting salary was at $32000 never gotten a raise or a bonus.
Their heath benefit is terrible.
Vacation days: 8 days per year. Sick days: 3 days per year.
You get 13 days of vacations once you have worked with them for 5 years.

Find something better if you can.
Pros
None?
Cons
Way too many to point out
Unorganized Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 April 2018
Senior Management was intimidating to employees.
Unorganized work structure
Too easy to blame, before understanding full details on the problem
Employees always fear of hostility
It"s an overall good company to work for.
Cable Puller/Service Worker (Former Employee) –  GTA10 March 2018
It"s an overall good company to work for. I am being trained in all aspects of the electrical field. If I make mistakes my supervisor / mentor points them out and explains how to correct it.
Good work not appreciated.
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2018
I have worked for Symtech for two years now at a clients large data center. As I was out of work I decided to stay for a while but am now trying hard to find another job.
This is the only company in my IT career that has payed minimum wage ! For the record I am not the only one making $14. I am an employee of Symtech doing an important job for large customers such as banks and Symtech pays my a donut store wage (also no benefits or vacation!).
I heard they are thinking about expanding into the US but they don't give a darn about their employee's here.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Low pay, no befefits, no vacation.
A good stepping stone
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  35 Riviera Dr, Markham, ON L3R 8N47 December 2017
Nothing was organized properly. The job responsibilities were very inconsistant and out of order. Equipment such as computers were slow and out of date.

A lot of staff in my department were not very knowledgeable of their task. Most of them would just delegate their work to me or someone else while they play and chitchat on their phone all day.

My daily routines are sorting invoices, copy/paste/exporting templates from other competitors.

This is a great company to those that just finished school or starting their career.
Pros
none at all
Cons
too many to point out
A very family oriented place
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 April 2017
Symtech is a pleasure to work with. All employees are very cooperative.
The work environment is very healthy and there are good chances of career growth.
A very nice work atmosphere
Good Company
Data Center Support tech (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2017
Excellent work place, nice people to work with, great management.
Interesting and challenging position.Lots off learn and adapt during the day,meet the new people
Typical construction environment
Executive Assistant, Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 December 2016
I worked as an Executive Assistant and Health & Safety Manager. Typical office environment. Overall, it was close to my home and offered me some flexibility in working hours.
Don't expect a career here
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 July 2016
Most staffs does not have the education or experience to do a particular job or role.

Profit is the only priority for them.

A lot of favouritism especially to attractive women.

Flattering upper staffs is a must in this company in order to secure your job or position.

Annual review (Raise and bonuses) - none

Very poor upper management.
Pros
Annual Dinner
Cons
No bonuses, poor heath benefits and salaries
Very Poorly Run
accounting (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 January 2016
This company has very poor upper management. They don't value there employees. Work load is not evenly distributed. Management tends to favour staff.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Rewarding and challenging Work
Journeyman Electrician 309A (Former Employee) –  9-35 Riviera Drive, Markham, Ont L3R 8N418 September 2015
Very rewarding, challenging and satisfying work. Helpful and respectful co-workers and supervisors. Necessary tools and instructions (when required) provided. Responsibilities gladly provided and appreciated as experience gained on the job.

Early start and finishing at job sites was much appreciated given the traffic congestion in Toronto.
Pros
Excellent work culture.
Don't expect a career there.
Purchasing/Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 September 2014
Company has very little communication from top management down. Expectations and focus on priorities (Other than profit) are lacking.
Many Chiefs all concerned with their own issues. But no head to steer the ship. Turnover very high.
Pros
No Micro Managing by Superiors
Cons
Lack of communication from top down.
Productive and fun workplace with great management.
Pre-apprenticeship program for Electrical (Former Employee) –  Markham Ontario27 January 2014
exellent place to work. amazing atmshpere and great employees