Symtech Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work as General Labour
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
Only reason im at this job is because they promised me an apprenticeship if i did general labour for about 2 months, however what i didnt know is that it would take months for them only to tell you "you gotta wait on the ratios" over and over again.

Whats even worse is that they will treat you like a piece of human trash paying you minimum wage and having you roam around site picking up garbage day after day, you learn nothing and soon enough you lose all motivation.
Pros
Half day on Friday
Cons
far to many
Great People, Great Culture , Great Company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 March 2019
Larger Toronto based company with diverse work opportunities in both Canada and the USA.

All levels of management are very experienced and have an in-depth knowledge of the industry.

Employees are respected and given equal opportunity.

Dedicated and hard working employees are recognized and given the opportunity to grow within the organization.

Management maintains an open door policy with candid communication within the office and field.

Pay scale is par or above the industry average.

Like any other company... they've had their share of employees who were lazy/ unproductive yet have felt entitled...
Pros
Growing company with excellent opportunities for advancement.
Cons
None.
Supportive environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 March 2019
Friendly, supportive learning environment. Senior management is responsive and approachable. It's a relaxed but a goal-oriented, professional office. Project work is interesting and there is room to develop your career here, if you want to. When you walk through the doors, you will notice what a diverse and inclusive company this is. I enjoy working with my team.
Pros
The people! Supportive team, staff lunches, summer bbqs
Cons
parking at times
Great Team
Project Coordinator - Site (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2019
Currently working onsite with experienced, knowledgeable Field and Office Staff. Great group to work with, Supervisors (Field & Office) are cooperative and helpful. Learning a lot.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Long Hours Required at Times
Best company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 March 2019
This a great company to work for. Management has a clear vision and is very effective in obtaining work. Great working environment (summer BBQ's, Christmas Party, Lunch and Learn, etc). The company promotes training and supports advancement. The company has a very good reputation in the industry which allows it to grow, therefore, there are a lot of opportunities for employees that want to be promoted. Best company I ever worked for...
Pros
Good working environment, growth opportunities
Good place to grow
Administration (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 March 2019
Solid company with potential career growth. As with ANY company, you need to put in the time, build trust and respect. It's a 2 way street. Staff work hard here and want to feel their contributions matter. Some managers recognize and appreciate it so it depends on the manager and how s/he communicates. Salaries are not the lowest in the industry but should improve to stay with competition. "Boys club" but really, what industry/company isn't? Benefits are very basic- needs work here. Love summer hours- don't have to make up time to leave early, monthly company lunches are nice, same with lunch and learns. Strong diversity throughout company but could see more representation in upper management- but this not a new problem with any organization.
Pros
Monthly company lunches, bbqs, Xmas party and summer hours!
Productive and Challenging Work Place with supportive coworkers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 March 2019
It is like a bigger family that I can rely on, learn from, and advance in my career every day. Senior management is accessible through the right channels and they will try to provide you with your requirements to do your job. The company is growing and faced paced in nature, so there could be some glitches here and there. Having said that, patience, respect, and professionalism will get you where you want to go.
Pros
Growing company with a lot of opportunities
Cons
Requires hard work and an open mind to advance in your career
Pleased to work at Symtech
Cad/Revit operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 March 2019
So far this is the only company that I could have a direct connection with upper level management and they are always there to support. Symtech has a good environment to work and all the members are friendly and helpful. As a Symtech team member, I am very pleased with working here. They even care about your health, we get fresh fruit every day and periodic lunch events. When you need the high-performance hardware or Sofware to do your job, you will get it the same day sometimes. Symtech works with top Engineering and Consulting firms in the City so it is a place to grow.
Great place to work and grow your skills
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2019
Great company to work for. Management is committed to helping individuals develop their skills and provide excellent growth opportunities. Co-workers always willing to assist.
symtech
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
they don't treat you with any type of gratitude and they just kind of expect you to be happy working for them with no extras, or incentives to stay...
They treat the workers like a piece of trash
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  20 west beaver Greek10 January 2019
Day first or two they were nice but after that couldn't stand them, very unprofessional, they hire me as a shipping and receiving clerk but %80-%90 of the job I did was collecting and dumping lots of garbage every single day which it wasn't in their job offer, abusive environment, no training, employers are good and friendly .
They need to fix the guys working in the field
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
A lot on unqualified people doing work they shouldn't be doing, but thanks to Nepotism. No one gets laid off, the guys that actually work gets laid off. Those who chit chat with the foreman and supervisors for hours on company time doesn't get a lay off. Tons of ego here which doesn't make sense because half of the electricians here are depressed alcoholic with no sense of ethics.
Pros
Ibew
Cons
Quite a few
Company eliminates work by cheap labor
Helper (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 November 2018
I've been hired to work in the shop and promise an apprenticeship. Two years has gone and still nothing. Getting paid Minimum wage while we fabricate a lot of the things that goes to job sites where ibew electricians install it to save time and money. We get paid minimum wage to do the same work an electrician do but, at $65 an hour. We take away work from electricians and work for pennies. The shop has a lot of us in this situation. Owner only care about money. As for the office workers....too many cons.
Pros
A job
Cons
Too many
A lot of angry moody guys
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 November 2018
I've notice a lot of bad electrian in general gets angry when given something to do and they don't know how to do it. Quite a few of them here. Surprisingly, they don't get laid off. A lot of Nepotism and guys who's obviously suffering from depression and need anger management works here because they lack communication or, work a position they're not qualified for. Other than that, just show up and do your work.
Pros
Ibew 353
Cons
Slimy co workers, deceiving, Nepotism
Magnificent company to build a career with
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 November 2018
Symtech Inovations is an amazing place to work. The company has established a very welcoming and organized work environment for all employees. As an employee who has been with the company for over 3 years now. The work has been meaningful and important ever since I started. Symtech offers employees to learn from within their work fields, as I did within the years I have been here. Management is extremely experienced, and will always provide the essential training. The work culture here is simple, work hard and you will advance. I look forward to coming into work everyday because my co-workers and managers are genuine and understanding. When you come here to work, you work as a team.
Pros
Company Events - Staff Parties
IBEW 353 is what keeps me here
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 October 2018
Very toxic job environment where people have to kiss up to management every little chance they get for a promotion. Management is very unpredictable when it comes to guys in the field. We would be really busy and a lot of good workers would be laid off because "work is slow". The electricians are the only ones getting paid with pension and benefits. Everyone else is getting bare bones.
Pros
A job
Cons
Bad management
Nepotism needs to be fixed
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
I've been with symtech for a year and it's a great company when it comes to advertising to people. Working here, not so much. Tons of micro managers and close family friend for the owner. Money is the companys only goal and not employees. Guys get lay off and calls go on the out of work list at ibew the next day to replace that person who got lay off. Due to management treating guys like trash, they rebel by not caring about the work they do. A lot of lazy, sleazy, sneaky guys work in the field. Only reason this company is growing is because the owners grandad owned plan group at one point so, now this guy is trying to get all of plan group builders.
Pros
Ibew 353
Cons
Everything else
Great Place for good Talent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 August 2018
Symtech is a great place to work, gain experience, and advance your career because of its exceptional leadership and culture. If you are able to practice professionalism, work ethics, and effective communication, symtech is a place to grow. Senior management is accessible, cares about employees, and acts like its a big and friendly family. I would recommend Symtech to any passionate and positive individual who wants to grow and build a successful career.
Pros
Open Minded and Inspirational Management, Growing, Good Culture and Values, Room for Advancement
Best Place To work
AutoCAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 August 2018
As my past work experience in Canada , Symtech Innovation Ltd is the best company you can work for. Most important thing about this company is their environment., You will not face with bad attitude or hard time situation. Managements are the best, they treat you in their best way and guide you with the complete detail to keep you in right track and they are not face put in hard time situation and they are always understand you and try to help you. Another important thing is you will make strong resume here and help to have powerful Canadian work experience.
Avoid the office at all cause
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
I've been with symtech for couple months now as an electrical apprentice. I've been on a lot of different sites and I've also been in the office. For people who are hired here as office workers...start applying somewhere else, upper management literally divide lower management here's how. The office has two floors, only upper management is allowed on the second floor which are all key fobbed doors. So lower guys on the ladder...good luck feeling included with room to grow. As for the workers in the field, a lot of foreman doesn't seem to be in control of their jobs, I've witnessed several decent journeyman and apprentice getting laid off in busy times by the company because foremans push guys under the bus which ends up with the guys getting let go. For guys in the field, show up and do your job. Don't say too much because a lot of guys here are family and you will be at the ibew 353 hall before you know it.
Pros
Unionized electrician department
Cons
Nepotism and kissing up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symtech. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8