Symcor Employee Review

Productive and fast-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2014
- With minimal supervision and direction, my day would start off with instructions on what tasks need to be completed by the end of the day.
- I learned that, in this particular work environment, working with important and confidential data, it is okay to find shortcuts to get the job done, however, not all shortcuts are reliable. Sometimes taking the long route is the only way to get the job done perfectly.
- With very little change of plans and/or distractions, I was able to create an efficient system that worked for me and helped with the productivity for the day.
- My co-workers were very helpful with guiding me through the process. They gave me tips on the systems that they used to get the job done to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- The hardest part of the job was only the physical aspect or it. Although being seated all day, the posture of the body (back, neck, shoulders, etc.) would cause straining in some areas along with minor headaches here and there.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was that I don't mind all the paperwork. While working at my own pace (which is quite fast), I had the chance to mingle with my co-workers to help pass the time.

Other Symcor Employee Reviews

Its a good company with different infrastructure
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
you have good work and family balanced time .

The manager I worked with was a very good person there was no over time and balanced life . The rate was low when compared to market .
Very productive department
Workflow coordinator II (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC26 February 2018
I found the workflow/cheque clearings department at Symcor to be a very productive department with very few errors made on daily basis.

In 2017, I lost my employment at Symcor due to the cheque clearings process becoming automated.

Most of time, I was directing those I worked with, even though I was not considered a 'supervisor'.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Sometimes, project leaders lacked leadership (and management) qualities.