Symcor

Symcor Employee Reviews

Canada91 reviews
I would be happy to work there again. I liked the people and I the work was interesting. They were a very social bunch and some social events were a lot of fun
Great place to work for. Management was great. Everyone worked well together. The only downside was that it took a while to set the new employees up with access, etc, as there was a lot of red tape. Once one got past the red tape, there were no isues.
You need to sharp and focus your mind on every single job to be able to do your job every day. Every day you have to finish your jobs and turn over to the other shift when you do not finish the job.
part of devops for a few months. I had no experience and was learning.
sprints ; jira .. implement changes to linux environments

Was one resource that was hostile. MAde it clear to manager he did not want to work with me.

I moved to another team. I was on the other team for about a year and then i left.

Was a nice environment alot of great people .
Nice atmosphere and friendly people.You will love working at the place as it has got all it takes to be a good workplace.If you have good aspirations for your growth working for banks ,this is the place.
Great place to work, well established and competent culture. However integration between IT and business streams could be improved and simplified. Can only highly recommend this company
Symcor consists of a fantastic group of hard working people.
It is culturally diverse and treats every one with dignity and respect.

My experience working at Symcor has been very positive.
Very nice and motivating leadership
Good learnings and exposure

Friendly work culture

Innovative

Professional

Good interaction with teams

Overall good place to work
Technology and the Business do not see eye to eye so spend a fair amount of effort questioning, criticizing and complaining about each other. It’s unfortunate because there are a lot of people who work really hard and have good intentions.
very nice place to work. Symcor only utilized waterfall methodology from A to Z. they trying to implement Agile, however this is still in the progress. t
Lack of work
No open communication

Manager ignored me

Lots of work is outsourced

Very disorganized

Office space feels like the local landfill with garbage everywhere !!!
great company to work for, good atmosphere, management respects employees, good benefits, a lot of activities like pot lucks and bbq's , hardest part of job is the noise of the machines, best part of the job is the people you work with
Symcor is an amazing place to work. Truly enjoy working here. Great colleagues, management and they promote growth and invest in their employees.

I was given opportunities to work in many different roles which helped me grow in my professional career.
Perks are great, culture is great but you barely earn a livable wage. Great temp job if you are a student or between jobs, definitely NOT a career. If you're looking for a couple bucks and good people this is the place for you.
Everybody is very welcoming at Symcor and respective no matter the role from labourer to any individual much higher then us. Would recommend but the company is slowly going out of business in my opinion, not much work any more and hours cut
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Lack of hours
Symcor is a good company to work with. There are good opportunities of advancement in the career. Management is very supportive of your career goals.
Pros
Cultural diferrences are accepted
Cons
Non
Going to your machine your assigned to, get the web of statements, the weigh about 50 pounds. start feeding the paper though and the machine will start folding bank statements.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I learned time is very important on this job. Quality and quantity should meet at the end of the shift. Speed is important and accuracy of work, and improvement as the time passes.
Symcor is a great company to work for as it is constantly striving to achieve the highest standards and does their best to encourage and educate their employees on a regular basis.
Cheque processing is an extremely fast paced job, where the more accuracy and speed you gain, the more bonus you earn. It is a perfect job for a student, or a part time position.
Cons
late hours
Travailler pour Symcor demande un sens de l'initiative et d'autonomie développé.