Symcor Employee Reviews

Very productive department
Workflow coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2018
I found the workflow/cheque clearings department at Symcor to be a very productive department with very few errors made on daily basis.

In 2017, I lost my employment at Symcor due to the cheque clearings process becoming automated.

Most of time, I was directing those I worked with, even though I was not considered a 'supervisor'.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Sometimes, project leaders lacked leadership (and management) qualities.
Good
APPLICATION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 February 2018
Key multiple fields of data from images for GBS Business channels/customers and other Symcor applications. Ensured complete understanding of multiple GBS Applications and the respective client requirements therein. Maintained a high level of productivity based on the application productivity standards – measured in keystrokes per hour and varying by application discipline. Conserved a high level of accuracy in each application giving special attention to minimizing client impact errors. Complete understanding of data entry instructions per client’s profile. ensured processing deadlines are met. Handle daily workflow to optimize utilization of GBS systems/applications. Maintained individual performance standards. Identified any/all quality issues within the GBS Data Entry application/customer statement/coupons reporting any issues to PSO of respective GBS business unit (BU). Delivered exceptional customer service through teamwork and quality commitments.
It's a great place to work. Good environment.
Capture Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
Symcor is involved with customer-oriented services. It has a diverse team where everyone is involved. Workers feel like a part of the community. Everyone is treated with respect.
Pros
Great benefits
OK place to work
Project Manager, Customer Communication Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2017
HR talks a lot about work/life balance but management is hands-off and doesn't seem to be on board with the concept. Management spends a lot of time managing up and playing politics.
N/a
Project Manager - Technology Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
I prefer not to ptovide feedback at this time until I better understand how it will be used by Indeed, or others. I am happy to provide verbal feedback should anyone require it.
Good pay for easy work
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
Good pay, if your performance was good. Not a social environment at all. Work must be extremely accurate as it deals with finance. Hours are atypical.
Pros
Good performance based pay
Cons
Late shift, not a social workplace
Its's pretty straight forward: keying data
Multi-Application Operator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 October 2017
I like this workplace because it's fairly easy going and simple work. Located in downtown so that easy to access to stores, restaurants, etc. Pays can be good if you can key fast.
Pros
Simple tasks and repetitive work
Cons
Sitting for a long time; part-time
Awesome workplace for employees!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2017
Love being a part of a team and also working independently on projects. Work place culture was active and fun. Managers and workers joined together for work related things also incentively to keep the workers going.
Symcor- TA
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2017
Great work environment, pleasure to work with other staff.
Good team events and work fairs.
Good opportunity to learn and grow.
A balanced work-life balance
Great place to work, but in not good situation
Process Analyst (ITIL) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2017
I worked for this company for 7 years. Had no complaints about salary, benefits, work environment, learning opportunities (directly from the job). Maybe a little about career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Above average salary, benefits and work environment
Cons
Currently very dependant on shrinking markets
Fun place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
This place have no job security because of the technology , most of the client are using internet banking so they have to let people to go that's the biggest concern
Great culture
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
Very fast pace environment, you are extremely tired by the end of the day. Management wasn't the greatest to work with, they only responded to their top managers and forget about the regular employee,
Excellent place to work at.
Support Analyst - Tier 1 support (Current Employee) –  Don Mills, ON19 May 2017
Company provides a very secured and safe work place.
Excellent team work from all departments. Employee feels very safe when working at the night shift.
Pros
safe and secured
Long time work there
Manual Insertion Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2017
It's part time work for me. 1 week a month for many years. Then times have changed and restructuring happened. So I really can't say any more than that as I was in one department from start to finish.
Was Ok
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
In the beginning it was a good place to work, there was employee programs, incentives, bonuses for years worked there, employee functions, then management changed and so did the work ethic. Happy I left.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Continental Shifts.
Support Analyst role
Support Analyst III, Tier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2017
With many issues address, I had great satisfaction knowing I was able to resolve the issue in a timely manner. With out impacting sites for client Service Level Agreements.
Pros
Teamwork, environment, Rotating hours.
Cons
Symcor downsizing.
Great place to work, people are very helpful and fun to work.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the work is every day, working in a fast pace productive environment. I learned great customer services skills and to work in a great team environment.
Pros
very cultural and supportive
Cons
Symcor was a great place to work
Proof Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
The work at symcor is busy and consistent however with the advancing technology so was the business.
I was with symcor for 15 years and enjoyed the hours working evenings as it seemed fit for my family.
Pros
Hours were essential
Cons
Late hours
Motivating work culture
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2016
Excellent company with amazing team. Innovation is in the DNA of the company. Fun and unity in diversity was blended and delivery with quality was never compromised.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2016
Love the people, love the culture. The organisation is going through transformation right now. Exceptional treatment of employees, great work life balance. Managers always seeking to promote the best idea.
Pros
Ice Cream, great training and personal development, committed to customer focus
Cons
No ability to advance in the organization