Sylvite Employee Reviews

Not great for drivers
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 December 2018
No communication from dispatch just take the load then your on your own. Company dosen't want any input for improvement or new ideas from drivers very old school. No updates on anything. Including new work. Equipment is newer but really not maintained as well as it should be. Pay is low average. Recruiter just hires drivers tells you what you want to hear but, there is no Driver support. Pretty much no information on anything! Can't really rate CEO don't know who it is.
Pros
Nice drivers room
Cons
Just drive the truck don't ask questions
Official response from Sylvite
13 December 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. At Sylvite, we are committed to maintaining a workplace where all our employees feel engaged and welcomed. We are disappointed to hear about your experience driving for us, and will use your input to continue to make our company even better. We do encourage employees to share their experiences, and our General Manager of Transportation and Human Resources Team is always eager to speak to employees about any issues or ideas that they have. We do appreciate your response, and we wish you luck in your future endeavours!

Very busy company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington Ontario22 August 2017
There's not a bad place to work typical day is fairly busy a lot of things have changed since I started working there like every job starts off great but this is the sign of the times
Welcoming and positive environment
Traffic Control Person (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 July 2015
The day started at 5:00 am, my coworkers and I would go into the warehouse to get our safety vests, stop signs and walkie talkies. We then would go to our stations (one at the back of the warehouse, two out front on the street, one per side of the road and one on standby) to set up our gear. We would rotate stations every hour or so and the person on break would go get everyone a coffee.
Something I learned in this workplace was that as long as you are respectful the other workers will listen to you equally; this was important since communication in this job was key to avoiding head on collisions between vehicles in the driveway.
Official response from Sylvite
5 July 2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Sylvite. Our commitment to maintaining a positive and welcoming environment is part of Sylvite’s mission in creating an exciting but safe workplace where employees can build a meaningful career. We’re glad you enjoyed your experience at Sylvite and will continue to work towards further improving our practices. We hope your experience at Sylvite has been memorable and has helped you build different transferable skills you can use in other workplaces.

great company for learning how to fit and fabricate
Maintenance Welder (Former Employee) –  Putnam, ON13 November 2013
great company but only could advance so far in what i wanted to do with my life