Sylvan Learning Center Employee Review

View all Sylvan Learning Center reviews

A fun environment, tutoring students aged 5 to 19, in every subject imaginable!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 July 2017
Sylvan Learning Center follows a strict teaching guideline that must be followed throughout all the Sylvan Centers across Canada to allow for continuity for its students. While at first I was not used to teaching under such strict guidelines, I found ways to 'make it my own'. A big positive were the small class sizes- usually just 3 students at one time; although each of the 3 could be different ages, attend different schools and need help with different subjects! It was an intense, personal, fulfilling environment. I loved seeing the progress students made during my time at this position.
Pros
Small class sizes
Cons
Not able to work full time at any Sylvan Center unless you are NOT a teacher! (Ex: custodians, receptionists, etc WERE able to have full time work)

Other Sylvan Learning Center Employee Reviews

Supportive Managment
Centre Director (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 August 2018
Management is very supportive and the job is very rewarding. It was wonderful to see children learn and achieve and the programs offered give teachers a different experience in small group-individualized planning.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Required to work in evening, weekends, summer holidays
A fun summer job
Coding Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2018
Sylvan had me in an engaging work experience with children eager to learn about computers and what they can do. Their energetic attitudes kept the work feeling interesting and fun while also giving them the knowledge to code machines.
Pros
Relaxing Work Environment
Cons
Certain Supplies Were Missing Or Not Available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sylvan Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.