Sylvan Learning Center Employee Review

View all Sylvan Learning Center reviews

Excellent environment and great place to develop
Former Tutor and Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 December 2017
I worked at Sylvan Oakville for 1 year as a part time tutor and 1 year as a full time lead teacher and I loved it! The work Sylvan does is truly rewarding and every day is unique. Having lessons planned for you and materials ready to go really allows you to develop your skills delivering lessons to a variety of students. I left Sylvan a way better teacher then I was when I started, and was definitely way more prepared to take on the challenge of my own classroom because of this. The team at Sylvan Oakville is exceptional! They repeatedly go out of their way to make sure staff are prepared, comfortable and in a position to be successful every day. The kids and families love it at Sylavn Oakville and being a part of that community every day was special. Highly recommend any passionate teacher to spend some time developing their skills at Sylvan Oakville!!
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great work environment, Great for developing teaching skills
Cons
Few long term career opportunities available and low salaries for full time employees

Other Sylvan Learning Center Employee Reviews

Supportive Managment
Centre Director (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 August 2018
Management is very supportive and the job is very rewarding. It was wonderful to see children learn and achieve and the programs offered give teachers a different experience in small group-individualized planning.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Required to work in evening, weekends, summer holidays
A fun summer job
Coding Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2018
Sylvan had me in an engaging work experience with children eager to learn about computers and what they can do. Their energetic attitudes kept the work feeling interesting and fun while also giving them the knowledge to code machines.
Pros
Relaxing Work Environment
Cons
Certain Supplies Were Missing Or Not Available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sylvan Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.