Sylvan Learning Center Employee Review

View all Sylvan Learning Center reviews

Good atmosphere, supportive directors.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 December 2017
Working at Sylvan was a great experience. As teachers, we know how competitive the job market can be, and working in a place like this definitely gives you a leg up on the competition. Extra teaching experience never hurts, plus you learn strategies that you may not have been taught while earning your degree. I find myself applying things I learned at this center in my own classroom on a daily basis.

The administrators at this center will give you all the support you need, and understand that your availability may differ from week to week due to other commitments. That being said, I wanted to work every day and they were able to provide the hours for me. You honestly won't find nicer people to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours. Good admin.

Other Sylvan Learning Center Employee Reviews

Supportive Managment
Centre Director (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 August 2018
Management is very supportive and the job is very rewarding. It was wonderful to see children learn and achieve and the programs offered give teachers a different experience in small group-individualized planning.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Required to work in evening, weekends, summer holidays
A fun summer job
Coding Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2018
Sylvan had me in an engaging work experience with children eager to learn about computers and what they can do. Their energetic attitudes kept the work feeling interesting and fun while also giving them the knowledge to code machines.
Pros
Relaxing Work Environment
Cons
Certain Supplies Were Missing Or Not Available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sylvan Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.