Sylvan Learning Center Employee Reviews in Oakville, ON

3.0Pay & Benefits
Excellent environment and great place to develop
Former Tutor and Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 December 2017
I worked at Sylvan Oakville for 1 year as a part time tutor and 1 year as a full time lead teacher and I loved it! The work Sylvan does is truly rewarding and every day is unique. Having lessons planned for you and materials ready to go really allows you to develop your skills delivering lessons to a variety of students. I left Sylvan a way better teacher then I was when I started, and was definitely way more prepared to take on the challenge of my own classroom because of this. The team at Sylvan Oakville is exceptional! They repeatedly go out of their way to make sure staff are prepared, comfortable and in a position to be successful every day. The kids and families love it at Sylavn Oakville and being a part of that community every day was special. Highly recommend any passionate teacher to spend some time developing their skills at Sylvan Oakville!!
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great work environment, Great for developing teaching skills
Cons
Few long term career opportunities available and low salaries for full time employees
Amazing workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 December 2017
I worked at Sylvan Oakville for almost two years and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff are supportive and provide their teachers with the necessary tools to succeed. Everyone supports one another and works together for the benefit of the students. Working so closely with students, you get to know them and you see the positive impact that you have on them each day. It is one of the most rewarding aspects of the job. Sylvan Oakville has a great owner and Director of Education and it is great to work with such dedicated people.

I would go back to Sylvan Oakville in a second if I lived in the area again!
Good atmosphere, supportive directors.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 December 2017
Working at Sylvan was a great experience. As teachers, we know how competitive the job market can be, and working in a place like this definitely gives you a leg up on the competition. Extra teaching experience never hurts, plus you learn strategies that you may not have been taught while earning your degree. I find myself applying things I learned at this center in my own classroom on a daily basis.

The administrators at this center will give you all the support you need, and understand that your availability may differ from week to week due to other commitments. That being said, I wanted to work every day and they were able to provide the hours for me. You honestly won't find nicer people to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours. Good admin.
Amazing place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 December 2017
I worked at Sylvan as a Teacher for 3 years and loved every minute of it. Sylvan Oakville has a great owner as well as center Director and Education Director. Everyone at Sylvan Oakville just want their students to succeed. Working at Sylvan part time made it really easy for me to balance both a full time job as well as my other extra curricular's. Its a great way to keep on teaching while you wait for a board to open up and its a great way to learn how to be a better teacher.

If I moved back to the area I would work at Sylvan in a heart beat!