Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 310 reviews matching the search See all 5,542 reviews
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB19 June 2017
It is a toxic environment where the managers have an agenda. There is very little room for advancement, unless you have a personal relationship with management.
Very fun and friendly enviroment
Customer care and super sales agent (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB8 April 2015
Work was a great place to be everybody was nice. Management were respectful to all. The job was not that difficult I enjoyed going to work and working overtime. The benefits were great and the incentives were amazing
Defintely a good place to work with fun people.
Bell Canada DMC (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 June 2013
My hours were 1-10pm, the training classes were a bit misleading but easy to adjust and get use to. Most managers were very approachable and knowledgeable about the job and always made you feel like you were a part of the team, but also a very good place to learn the fundamentals of customer service and how to treat a customer in order to have the best experience for both the customer and the company, but the hardest part of the job was definitely having to be sitting down in a chair for the majority of the day where as I'd like to be on my feet and more personal than a phone call with customers. The best part of my job was the people I worked with, very friendly, fun to work with which made the day so much better to have such a positive environment.
Pros
Amazing people, good pay, and not far from home.
Cons
Lunches and breaks weren't paid for, very little opportunity for advancement
helping people with each and every question requested
lnbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2012
Starts out as a steady flow of calls, busier during peek hours, and slow down as the day goes on.
I have learned that each and every person and situation is different and is very exciting.
I have always got along with my co-workers, and help each other when needed as a family.
The hardest part of the job I found was when I was not able to help a customer (that was with my authority).
The most enjoyable part was when I can hear the customers were very please when I could help with their situation.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
having to share a computer and work station with many employees
Great Workplace
CSR Cable Repair (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 September 2017
The company was great to work for. They had training that was appropriate and paid. There was benefits available if you completed the required time. I personally didn't fit in with this job because it required a noise free environment and i recently had a baby.
Pros
work from home
Cons
need noise free environment
Unique nursing style
Tele-Health RN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2012
A typical day included making and receiving 30-60 calls per 8/10hr shift. Lots of overtime due to low staffing levels. Leadership skills are a must as I am normally a resource nurse and preceptor while doing my tele-triaging shifts. I have staff coming and asking clinical questions, policy questions, IT questions. I make sure the centre runs when the management is either too busy or not present on site. I think the redundancy is the hardest part of the job but with the other roles this balances out nicely. I love teaching and being in charge and helping all the staff from education to manager to floor nurses and seeing a progression in the right direction.
Pros
good schedule flexibility, professional environment, supportive team members, assisting patients with making health care decisions and promoting empowerment and autonomy.
Cons
long shifts, redundant type calls, work alone at night with no security
Serious work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 August 2017
Very rewarding environment if one applies oneself to fulfill client's expectations. Demanding targets which I found are achievable. Interesting work place which changes constantly. Environment meets constant upgrade of media demands. Good training with assistance from support staff. Constant encouragement from management.
Pros
Very nice people to work with.
Cons
None.
How a typical day of work in an insurance goes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phillipines18 July 2013
Receive calls for client inquiry. Ranging from premium notice to how the life insurance works. Apply any misapplied premium starting 2000 up to current. Confirm username and password for online access for our client. Study and explain how policies are provided for our valued client. Being exposed this line of work has been a learning experience on how the life insurance works. Our Management has been able to provide good working experience. Able to work will be co-worker has allowed me to stay with the company for more than 7 years. What the hardest part of this job entails how to understand the policy and how it works. Not all polices are the same. Some policies are so complex that it will no allow us to see details about this polices on our resources. We just need how this policies works and fully understand this.
Pros
Able to adapt to hard situation and overcome it
Cons
Stress level is so high
Team spirit in a home based environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough Ontario7 November 2013
I work from home so I enjoy the convenience of that. I have worked for Sykes for 4 years and have really advanced my interpersonal skills. The management is very approachable and is always there to help if needed. They provide support and coaching to allow for continuous growth and improvement. The hardest part of the job is that policies and procedures as well as products and services are always changing. Keeping up with these changes requires constant uptraining. I really enjoy helping people and solving problems. It gives me great pleasure to provide solutions which work well for the company and for it's customers.
Pros
work from home
Cons
repetative work
You work in a dungeon...
CSR (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2014
Sykes Saint John is probably the worst call center to work for. If you want a day off, you need to have it in writing 3 weeks in advance. But even with that, the day before they can change their mind and refuse to let you have the day off. If you need to leave to get your kid early or even a doctors appointment, if you miss 29min+ it gets counted as a half day missed.

Management will lie to your face before you get hired... So when you actually start, then they will give you your offer letter. So your already working there and if you left a half decent job, your stuck with horrible shifts and poor working environment.
Pros
At least it's a job
Cons
working there
Stressful job but the people make it worth working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 July 2014
It is a highly stress-filled job but fun place to work. Typical day include taking calls from a wide range of customers and assisting them with a wide range of questions, inquires, problems, sales, troubleshooting with various products and services.
I have learned a lot in terms of customer relations and how the connection between company and customer and the important of that relationship.
Management was beyond phenomenal. Very supportive, willing to work with you to improve your system skills and customer relation skills and are understanding while being firm.
The hardest part of the job was the few rude and intensely angry customers who are not afraid to expressive how they feel about the company and by extensive you. This is what makes the job stressful
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Coworkers, floor support, supervisors, everyone was a joy to work with and made the day passable.
No support once you get on the floor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 December 2012
The training was not what it should be we did not get any hands on training and when we got on the floor it felt like we were thrown to the wolveswork with a very friendly staff, but not very supportive
benefits
Cons
Alright if you need a paycheck
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough ON20 August 2013
I would not recommend anyone to this business, there is not adaquet support for questions and concerns, the members of management do not have consistent information and scheduling is terrible.
benefits
Cons
too many to list.
Productive an great place to work
Remote Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  on line13 September 2013
Productive,busy an a lil stressful,but i've learned to still smile an talk calm an nice to customers that are being very complicated.My manager was a great person an very hard working an always there to solve any problem that i could not,i had great co-workers an the hardest part of my job was to listen to people curse me an get very rude an irritated at me but i always found a way to smooth things out an the most enjoyable part of my job was talking to different people on a constant basis from all over the world an being able to totally satisfy my customers.
Pros
great pay an good health care benifits an 41k
Cons
short breaks
Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
I enjoyed working at Sykes, I would work double shifts with no issues. I was coached, was asked to move to another account with encouragement to apply for supervisor. this account failed and moved to another, I was promoted to supervisor on this account within 3 months. I had training and worked with ABAY. Sykes was a great place to work. I had worked at Sykes for approx. 18 months before being promoted.
Pros
great coaches
Very poor management skills
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Home Based10 July 2013
Have been working here for 7 months, and the people who approve time off and who set up your schedules are completely lacking organizational skills! they are terrible.
Also, when I started, I was told that I would get a certain not so great shift, for so long, and then I would be able to get a better one after a few months.
I had the terrible shift, for 4 months, then finally had a good shift for 3 weeks, then was forced into cross training, and am back to having a terrible shift again. There response, was "oh well, deal with it". To them , you are just a name on a screen, its terrible.
Pros
decent pay.
Cons
having to deal with terrible management
Working multiple systems, stressful situations, great people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON18 February 2015
Sykes is an interesting place to work. In a typical day you have to use 8-12 different systems that you have to work while trying to sell services to a customer. Over the years there I learned a lot about bell products and services and how to position and rebuttal customers. The management there is good, there is just a lot of coaching and expectations when it comes to sales. But in the end I have made a lot of friends working there and have gotten to know the management quite well. My co workers are great people and I have really enjoyed working with them over my last three and a half years. The hardest part of my job is when you have someone calling in that is 70-80 years old and they need tech support but I still need to make an attempt to sell services. But in the end the people that I work with are who made the job fun and have helped me out with my calls and being there outside of work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Work schedule and breaks changing constantly
Great co-workers
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2013
The people i met through Sykes were great coworkers and hard working people. The management staff was very supportive during very busy call flow times.
Pros
many overtime opportunities
Cons
no job security whatsoever
Great Training
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 February 2018
I really appreciated the fact that Sykes gave us a proper 6 weeks of training before they out us out on the floor. Once it was time to hit the floor we got to shadow call with experienced representatives.
fun
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region1 March 2018
Everyone at the company was extremely friendly and engaging! They made me feel right at home from the first day. I would recommend applying here. Pros. Free food. Cons. Can get repetitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K